Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:53:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help getting cgiminer working w/ USB Asic Block Erupter  (Read 1071 times)
Bitcoin_Mafia (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:09:59 PM

So I finally bit the bullet and bought my first USB Asic block erupter (yay!) but I'm having a devil of a time getting cgiminer to work with it.

I downloaded the most recent version of cgiminer I could find (3.12.0 for Windows) and also downloaded and installed the USB to UART Bridge VCP drivers as well. I checked my miner and it is on COM4.

After creating a shortcut to cgminer.exe, I changed the target to the following:

C:\cgminer-3.12.0-windows\cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://servername.com:3055 -u worker.name -p password --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --icarus-timing 3.0=100 -S //./COM4 (on my shortcut, servername, worker.name, and password are replaced with their actual values, of course).

The problem is that when I double click on my cgiminer shortcut on the desktop, the window opens up for a split second and then closes again. What is causing this? I'm not trying to mine SCRYPT coins with it, so that isn't the problem.

Any help would be MOST appreciated Smiley

Thanks,

Cynthia

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:54:24 PM

There is no -S command in cgminer. Get rid of it. You are also installing the wrong drivers. Did you read the readme at all on how to install drivers for USB devices? I guess not. You seem to be mixing up instructions from ancient versions and different software. I'm not sure how you came to conclude that was the latest version either since there is only one place to download the official version. The latest version is 4.0.1

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

Also start cgminer from a command prompt that you already have open. That way you'll see what's going on instead of it popping up and disappearing.

Please read the documentation in README. People spend a lot of time writing docs and get annoyed when you just ask questions instead of reading it.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bitcoin_Mafia (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:57:04 PM

There is no -S command in cgminer. Get rid of it. You are also installing the wrong drivers. Did you read the readme at all on how to install drivers for USB devices? I guess not. You seem to be mixing up instructions from ancient versions and different software. I'm not sure how you came to conclude that was the latest version either since there is only one place to download the official version. The latest version is 4.0.1

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

Also start cgminer from a command prompt that you already have open. That way you'll see what's going on instead of it popping up and disappearing.

Please read the documentation in README. People spend a lot of time writing docs and get annoyed when you just ask questions instead of reading it.

I was following how-to instructions from an USB mining blog. I'll go through the README.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: