Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: up to 800GH/s  (Read 29795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:14:19 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2014, 05:27:51 AM by perezoso

Holy shit... Texas Bitcoin Conference.  Austin. March 5th and 6th.  Hashfast is there?

Edit: Scratch that... they may not physically be there.  Lucky for them!
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:25:29 AM

HF chips are actually four dies.  I don't know about CoinTerra but the comparison is unfair and irrelevant given the context.

HashFast's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and performs at 750GH/s.

Cointerra's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and perform at much less than 750GH/s.

KnC's chip consists of multiple dies on a singe substrate and performs at much, much less than 750GH/s.

The comparison of hardware is trivial, however the contrast in performance is striking!   Shocked

I'll just leave this here: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-78 Cheesy

No idea of the speed, but i have a feeling that it will crush your chip HashFast. What will you say then?

Congratulations to KnC for their successful tape-out! 

Let's not compare a non-existent 20nm chip to HashFast's current 28nm chip, which is by far the fastest Bitcoin mining ASIC ever created.
GHS per $ delivered at X date is all what mattered.
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:25:26 AM

Now we've got...

Good Guy BFL, didn't promise MPP, upgrades early Monarch orders to ~250% of ordered hash.

Scumbag Hashfast, promised MPP.... *crickets*

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
edgie13

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:19:48 PM

He is having a laugh at our expense: he gets paid with OUR preorder money. He is probably very aware of the disgruntled customer base but he prefers to laugh in our face by just taunting us just like BFL Josh shows up at conferences and keeps recruiting new punters.

I agree that she is taunting us. It is extremely unprofessional, but what else do you really expect from this horrible company?

HashFast_CL, where can I get detailed information about the specs for your new product? Thanks.

BTC Scotch fund: 1GFZos2WGknCeVgDtjpHwo3jeJ4tSLVrXS
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:18:39 PM

What matters is shipping time, $ per GH/s and W per GH/w. In that order!

^ This. If you don't get this right, you don't have a business.

We are not here to talk. We are here to mine. The fact that I'm posting here means we have unfinished business.
HashFast_CL (OP)

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 10:19:51 PM

Good new everyone!

HashFast won the race to be the first ASIC company to get 2TH out of a single 4U box!  And we only needed three chips to do it.

See it in action at http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/156inKCVf2oEJgTsgQbHpdEGoLpzAupWdn

Another company promised "500GH/s" chips and "2TH/s" machines, but they were delivered 2 months late and 20% (400GH) under spec.  Of course it would be inaccurate and churlish to call them a scam for simply being late, but delivering under spec another matter.

PS  Reposting moderated posts is frowned on by the Mods; gmaxwell explicitly said:

In all cases, do no harass or stalk people.

If you are in doubt about a behavior it is probably harassment. Don't do it.  If you feel you need to investigate a party that has scammed you, take it to the scam accusation sub-forum.  Be the better man: Just because someone is a jerk that doesn't justify you becoming one.

Feel free to provide criticism but don't belabor it. Making the same point over and over again is spam.

If you are unhappy about these conditions I invite you to not post in custom hardware. If you are unable to control your behavior your ability to post in custom hardware will be removed in one way or another.

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:26:32 PM

Good new everyone!

HashFast won the race to be the first ASIC company to get 2TH out of a single 4U box!  And we only needed three chips to do it.

How is this important to anyone when you are not issuing refunds? Who would want to risk BTC at HashFast, even it is 20TH from a single 4U box, when you are scammers? When will you issue refunds?
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

Updated stats are 108/176 = 61% of non-moderated messages.
Posted from asd, ref#MUziM44e9CXBDovw

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:18:20 PM

Remember the good old days when the golden nonce was purported to be the most power efficient asic? Good times.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
CurcO

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:38:05 PM

So True now it should be consider golds fool chip.  FYI this Thread should not be called 800 gh/s but the real Hashrate 735 , lets stop with False Advertisements
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:59:06 PM

HashFast won the race to be the first ASIC company to get 2TH out of a single 4U box! 
Another company promised "500GH/s" chips and "2TH/s" machines, but they were delivered 2 months late and 20% (400GH) under spec.  Of course it would be inaccurate and churlish to call them a scam for simply being late, but delivering under spec another matter.

*Ignores customers, continues pissing match with competitors*

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:01:29 AM

So True now it should be consider golds fool chip.  FYI this Thread should not be called 800 gh/s but the real Hashrate 735 , lets stop with False Advertisements

Did you read the OP?  It has pictures of both Eligius and cgminer reporting 750GH/s.  Yes, that's 750GH/s from ONE CHIP!!!

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:03:03 AM

Repost:

My new favorite bullshit quote from hashfast:

Quote from: hashfast
It’s both the most powerful and the most efficient Bitcoin Mining chip in the world

Lets all take a moment to pretend bitfury, bitmain, knc, cointerra, bitmine, and dragon miners don't exist.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:05:12 AM

Quote from: HashFast_CL link=topic=493435.msg5558352#msg5558352
Did you read the OP?  It has pictures of both Eligius and cgminer reporting 750GH/s.  Yes, that's 750GH/s from ONE CHIP!!!
Where else did i see a ~700GH figure on an Eligius graph that we later discovered was 390GH?
Posted from asd, ref#hJ2V4RG8hDNjKYYv

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:06:22 AM

I was promised december delivery IN DECEMBER.   I was promised the delay would be only until early January.  Unless you are here to give customers who have paid precise delivery dates for product that is months late, you should stop spamming the forums.    Fulfill your current obligations before taking on further obligations which everyone doubts you can meet.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:07:20 AM

I was promised december delivery IN DECEMBER.   I was promised the delay would be only until early January.  Unless you are here to give customers who have paid precise delivery dates for product that is months late, you should stop spamming the forums.    Fulfill your current obligations before taking on further obligations which everyone doubts you can meet.

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:07:41 AM

Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:08:34 AM

That is strange.  After HF deleted my post, it reappeared three times.   Must be a bug in the software.

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:10:26 AM

Yesterday I set up a HashFast Sierra built with three of our Rev2 boards.  These are *not* the EVO (~750GH/s) boards but the machine is still getting around 1.5TH/s!!!

You can see it mining live on Eligius by going here

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1JyeG1Cdd2xtu22qV7XPGjR22JPkJmVvyA

and clicking the 'toggle worker details' button.  It's the one called "Rev2Sierra" of course.

It's using about 1850 Watts and is plugged into a standard outlet, along with a small PC controller.

HashFast_CL (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 12:12:35 AM

That is strange.  After HF deleted my post, it reappeared three times.   Must be a bug in the software.

"Making the same point over and over again is spam. " -gmaxwell

EDIT: changed paraphrase to exact quote from gmaxwell's Rules for this Subforum

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: