Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:41:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is worth more use of gold?  (Read 2331 times)
thuat86

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 02:41:06 AM

Economist Paul Krugman says that the exploitation of Bitcoin uses a lot of electrical energy, but the largest codified currency is worth more than gold

At ChainXChange, a recent blockchain conference in Las Vegas, Krugman joined co-founder of Fundstrat Tom Lee and chief marketing strategist for Ripple Cory Johnson in a discussion about the future of money. bad

From the beginning, economist Paul Krugman acknowledged that he did not have a holistic view of the pre-coding industry, but rather focused on how to operate. of Bitcoin.

Krugman says:

Bitcoin is the only thing that I only understand partially

Bitcoin and gold

Krugman later said that despite his interest in exploiting Bitcoin, he used a lot of electrical energy, but the largest codified currency was worth more than gold .

Gold is dead ... Bitcoin is worth more than gold. It has more opportunities to increase value in the future

When compared to Bitcoin 's use of prepaid currencies, Krugman says the biggest problem is the transaction cost used to transfer BTCs from electronic wallets. He believes that if these costs were cut, it would probably wipe out his previous preconceptions about coding.

Krugman recently wrote a New York Times article titled Transaction Costs and Tethers: Why I'm a Crypto Skeptic: Why I'm a Nostalgic money coding). In that article, he argued that Bitcoin and all other coded currencies still need a lot of effort to prove their worth to the community in their daily lives.

Actually, eight years after the advent of Bitcoin, codenamed codenames have taken a real leap into the commercial market. Some companies will accept them as a form of payment, but in my opinion this is just more of a sign of real usefulness in life. Look at me, this is a great technology excellence. Predictive currencies have a huge market value but they are still considered as a speculative play, not because they are of value for convenience in terms of easy exchange.

The potential impact of smart contracts on life is very high. Along with other aspects of the blockchain that this type of technology is considered to be the new revolution, Krugman says he has absolutely no idea whatsoever about stereotypes of currency substitution.

Yes, I think so. BTC can be a value store, it is easy to transfer internationally with so cheap cost, secure and can be a payment method for big amount of money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:40:58 PM

However, the use of bitcoin as an investment is much more promising and profitable. Moreover, it is much more than an investment, as the main idea - the world currency. That's why I choose him.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
assyla

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:53:41 PM

I think in terms of the number of users/owners of Gold and bitcoin, that of bitcoin should be more. I take my analysis from the levels of people who use both.

For Gold, it is usually the wealthy's pride. Gold is mostly used by the rich who see it as a store of value and class. But, bitcoin is not a class commodity, every strata of human community, society and persons can have access to it.

The popularity of bitcoin is more because it also plays a dual role of store house for affluence and also for payment purposes.
Two things are valuable and very worth it, i think we dont need to compare the two because of the fact that these two are used in different ways, bitcoin is used in the virtual world while gold have been used in real world to be used to aesthetics, economics and etc.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Urbexs

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:10:52 PM

Bitcoin diffinitely generates more profits than gold.
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:12:44 PM

It seems to me that these disputes will never disappear. I do not see any point in comparing gold and bitcoin, but simply study them and understand what is right for you. Society is becoming more and more digital, and it is quite possible that gold will soon lose its former value.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
kissme09

Activity: 658

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:14:43 PM

In many countries, there are ample power supplies and most of these countries always overloaded. The use of power for mining in this country limits the excess. Bitcoin is more valuable than gold, and I believe this is true. Bitcoin does not need to store, and it is easy to use and kept on the handset.

Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 10:47:49 PM

I think bitcoin is much more useful and functional in today's digital world. Therefore, it gained such popularity and became more expensive than gold. in addition, investments in bitcoin bring much more income and much faster.

Sanaga

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:26:24 AM

yeah bitcoin is better than gold. Bitcoin is safe and convenient then gold,
So bitcoin more worth then gold.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:36:12 AM

There not everyone knows bitcoin, but if you ask what gold is, everyone will know gold. You can save all your gold in a place that you really care for or you can hide so that everyone doesn't know you have gold, but if you have bitcoin in various ways there will be someone who robbed you of your bitcoin without you knowing. Gold is more valuable than bitcoin.
bagsat
Copper Member

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:21:48 PM

Bitcoin and gold has a different value. Though both of them can be use in order to have assets and money but the way having them are different. Neither the two of them is goo when it comes to money

hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:34:43 PM

There not everyone knows bitcoin, but if you ask what gold is, everyone will know gold. You can save all your gold in a place that you really care for or you can hide so that everyone doesn't know you have gold, but if you have bitcoin in various ways there will be someone who robbed you of your bitcoin without you knowing. Gold is more valuable than bitcoin.

After some years you will see that most of them knows about bitcoin same like gold or above it, Bitcoin is more safe it can be hide in very small and compact way. Who told you that If you hide gold then know one can know it. If no one can know it then when you die it then it will be waste. Same Bitcoin can also be stored and secure way that no one can rob it. What ever you are telling is because you dont know the real knowledge of Bitcoin.

gadimbrut

Activity: 418

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:20:25 PM

I think gold is more suitable for jewelry and investment while bitcoin is created to facilitate transactions quickly, at an easy and safe cost. just need to wait to see the price of bitcoin getting higher in the future.
Nissan-GTR

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:45:06 PM

Gold did not die, gold has a rich history as well as a financial instrument and asset. Why was gold so? Because people believed in him, just as faith in bitcoin is being born now.
But let's remember why countries at the end of the last century abandoned the gold standard. Does anyone remember?
The reasons were as follows: the complexity of moving large sums, the complexity of issuing emissions, the possibility of losing a resource.
And here bitcoin solves 1 and 3 problem. Excellence on the face. Now we need to wait patiently, when the whole world recognizes the importance of electronic currencies.

True, gold still has a role to play in the finance world and probably always will. I wouldn't be expecting a gold standard to be restored anytime soon nor a widespread adoption in the case of a financial apocalypse, but I guarantee people will still be collecting and trading gold as a store of wealth. It's just not practical enough for daily transactions though.

Bitcoin is well on its way to solving these problems. We just need improvements in the transaction cost and speed (and efficiency in terms of electricity, a big problem until we do away with fossil fuels). Once that happens it will be more useful and appealing to investors.

Well all I can is that Bitcoin is gaining much potential and popularity nowadays, and yes gold is having the same thing but Gold is already known many years ago but itwas not that accessible like Bitcoin, and this cryptocurrency were vere unsual and at the same time appropriate in this generation where we live with accordance to technology.
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:49:05 PM

of course, because the value of gold is already high, what else is crypto money has to do with gold, and of course this will have a very high value, and it's better to use this as an investment. Because it definitely has a very high value when sell.
bakkang

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:52:20 PM

I think gold is worth more use of bitcoin because gold continually increase and ur was really a good investment because you will not going to lose something not just like bitcoin it is not stable it is really hard for it to increase that's why I go with gold than bitcoin.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:12:31 PM

Don't compare bitcoin with gold since it has nothing to do at all while comparing,each has different uses and different values.I believe investing on gold is just wasting our money its just like our money is sleeping but with itcoin we can use it as we want but with hig risk than comparing with investing on gold.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
enjotan

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:24:36 PM

I think both have more value, but I prefer bitcoin than gold, because bitcoin is more flexible and can be used as a payment transaction, as an asset and investment tool.
memecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:31:02 PM

Economist Paul Krugman says that the exploitation of Bitcoin uses a lot of electrical energy, but the largest codified currency is worth more than gold

Gold at $1200/ounce. That way Bitcoin $1500 is not bad and more than gold.

I think otherwise, that bitcoin can dig quickly and earn more than gold. The price is a bit more than gold as you said. And the percentage collected from BTC is much higher than gold, by high-end digital machines, in the future Grin.

Am I spamming? Report me!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:33:17 PM

Sorry, but Krugman has shown his utter ignorance of bitcoin before. Trying to explain bitcoin to him is like trying to explain Netflix to BlockBuster video in 2008. They just had to see it for themselves.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lilmon

Activity: 475

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:36:13 PM

I don't think bitcoin has a better use than gold, besides that they are totally different materials, gold still has a very wide use because of its high conductivity capacity, so it is used mostly in electronic components, but bitcoin is very different, its use is for electronic transactions of any kind, I don't even know how that is comparable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: