Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:29:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076342 times)
ARTISTCOLONY

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:32:49 PM

PM-Tech Update:

Basic functionality is running fine in production. The only issue users might have encountered on our pool last night was that mined blocks haven't been updated in the frontend for a while. This wasn't a node issue, I have installed backup instances where one of them is actively communicating with a stratum test instance sending block notifications. When this one got synced, it mixed up the shares in the DB a little, causing MPOS to stop the UI updates (cronjobs). All blocks mined were accounted later on, no issues there. My apologies for discovering that a few hours late.

The performance of the new wallet is slightly (really minimal) worse than the old one. This is caused by the additional block verification steps due to the BIPs deployed using Bitcoin's IsSuperMajority rule, e.g. elevating the block version. Once these BIPs are enforced, we will release a minor update almost immediately, where those rule checks will be replaced by a simple starting block check (similar to how BIP34 is handled nowadays). From then it is expected to outperform the current version.

Initial block download was improved significantly, this will be noticed by new users as well. IBD starts with downloading just the headers from one peer, in parallel the block download is initiated receiving the data from up to eight peer simultaneously, decreasing IBD times from a day now on the old version to a few hours in best case.

Currently I'm in the process of testing the updated multisig functionality which is also supposed to be supported by the Electrum servers. A lot of possibilities are given here in terms of smart contracts, micropayment channels and JoinCoin.

To be continued....

good ...

im glad things are starting to make a lot more sense now ... as well as starting to roll along mate ...

pool / stratum / db - are all a pain but part of the process ...

we will start the pool i initially started mentioning - and compare notes ... that way we can have a couple of pools running IF i can get it all setup and modified ...

we unfortunately cant really test the pool - as we have no scrypt miners / asics to test with ... especially when high hash is concerned ...

right now though - finishing all the 'real world' stuff and setup ...

chat to you back on skype soon ...

#crysx

just fucking stop you need to talk to varvarin we have more hash power than you can shake a stick at Cool

hmmm ...

i dunno whether to take what you are saying as a joke - or you are purposely making out to be offensive ...

not to mention that what you have written - really doesnt make sense to me ...

who on earth are you anyway? ...

#crysx

EMC2 ===> if you had any idea how big this coin is... 10K easy maybe 100K by 2018 Cool ~ask varvarin

you think i dont know? ...

being one of the members of the core team - i had better know Wink ...

but here is the thing ... unlike you - who rates the coins 'bigness' on price - i ( and we at CWI ) dont ... we rate it on the coins progress - and most of all - the team behind it ... price is consequential ... no matter who you speak to on the team - varvarin included - they will tell you the same thing ... even though some of the older team members have a nice sum in their wallets - and would like to see the price increase - the main purpose of ANYTHING happening here is the growth of the coin - not the price ...

so 10k 100k 1m - all consequential ...

without the great team and members of the team - the coin is lost ...

so - i think i have a better idea of how 'big' the coin is than most others ... except for the other team members of course - who KNOW what i do about it and how much effort and code are going into it currently ... and believe me - there are LOTS of things that we will bring out soon ...

Wink ...

#crysx

PRICE is everything. if we were still 20 satoshis what really is it worth?
 ..in my world your grand ideologies mean little if you are broke and jobless Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashUnlimited

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 04:51:20 PM

PM-Tech Update:
All tests are going as planned, soft fork testing will take place this weekend. For the automated testing, we are planning another change in the main code within this release, which will allow us to use the same predefined tests and payloads for future updates rather than completely re-writing the test procedures. Initial tests from Bitcoin are nice, just to make things simple (understandably), they are using the coinbase transactions for any coin shifting. Now EMC2 comes in, the only coin (at least I know) which per specification requires two transactions there, one address hard coded... The decision to adapt the main code rather than the tests was also influenced by the fact, that the mining functionality of the node itself is deprecated (block creation via RPC commands are still going to be possible though). So we need to be more flexible unless we want to create block by block on test net which currently does not allow to mine on stratum protocol due only one hardcoded public key which is of course not valid for test net.

In parallel we are evaluating the possibility to quickly adopt the stratum code as well, at least to provide main net/test net configurability but the target is to use the same codebase as well for any other coin it was initially designed for. This would provide much better maintenance possibilities for pools running multiple coins.

The whole thing isn't going to delay the release too much, we should be out for pools and exchanges within the next week as planned.

To be continued....

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 03:05:35 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2017, 06:03:17 AM by chrysophylax

PM-Tech Update:

Basic functionality is running fine in production. The only issue users might have encountered on our pool last night was that mined blocks haven't been updated in the frontend for a while. This wasn't a node issue, I have installed backup instances where one of them is actively communicating with a stratum test instance sending block notifications. When this one got synced, it mixed up the shares in the DB a little, causing MPOS to stop the UI updates (cronjobs). All blocks mined were accounted later on, no issues there. My apologies for discovering that a few hours late.

The performance of the new wallet is slightly (really minimal) worse than the old one. This is caused by the additional block verification steps due to the BIPs deployed using Bitcoin's IsSuperMajority rule, e.g. elevating the block version. Once these BIPs are enforced, we will release a minor update almost immediately, where those rule checks will be replaced by a simple starting block check (similar to how BIP34 is handled nowadays). From then it is expected to outperform the current version.

Initial block download was improved significantly, this will be noticed by new users as well. IBD starts with downloading just the headers from one peer, in parallel the block download is initiated receiving the data from up to eight peer simultaneously, decreasing IBD times from a day now on the old version to a few hours in best case.

Currently I'm in the process of testing the updated multisig functionality which is also supposed to be supported by the Electrum servers. A lot of possibilities are given here in terms of smart contracts, micropayment channels and JoinCoin.

To be continued....

good ...

im glad things are starting to make a lot more sense now ... as well as starting to roll along mate ...

pool / stratum / db - are all a pain but part of the process ...

we will start the pool i initially started mentioning - and compare notes ... that way we can have a couple of pools running IF i can get it all setup and modified ...

we unfortunately cant really test the pool - as we have no scrypt miners / asics to test with ... especially when high hash is concerned ...

right now though - finishing all the 'real world' stuff and setup ...

chat to you back on skype soon ...

#crysx

just fucking stop you need to talk to varvarin we have more hash power than you can shake a stick at Cool

hmmm ...

i dunno whether to take what you are saying as a joke - or you are purposely making out to be offensive ...

not to mention that what you have written - really doesnt make sense to me ...

who on earth are you anyway? ...

#crysx

EMC2 ===> if you had any idea how big this coin is... 10K easy maybe 100K by 2018 Cool ~ask varvarin

you think i dont know? ...

being one of the members of the core team - i had better know Wink ...

but here is the thing ... unlike you - who rates the coins 'bigness' on price - i ( and we at CWI ) dont ... we rate it on the coins progress - and most of all - the team behind it ... price is consequential ... no matter who you speak to on the team - varvarin included - they will tell you the same thing ... even though some of the older team members have a nice sum in their wallets - and would like to see the price increase - the main purpose of ANYTHING happening here is the growth of the coin - not the price ...

so 10k 100k 1m - all consequential ...

without the great team and members of the team - the coin is lost ...

so - i think i have a better idea of how 'big' the coin is than most others ... except for the other team members of course - who KNOW what i do about it and how much effort and code are going into it currently ... and believe me - there are LOTS of things that we will bring out soon ...

Wink ...

#crysx

PRICE is everything. if we were still 20 satoshis what really is it worth?
 ..in my world your grand ideologies mean little if you are broke and jobless Smiley

my point exactly ...

which is why WE continue to get stronger and better - and those with the 'price' ideology continue to scramble for the next dollar ... normally due to hunger and poverty - as well as greed ...

price is NOT everything ...

vision and hard ( and smart ) work and the pursuit of a workable system IS everything ...

it is your mentality that keeps the systems where they are - and on a level that cannot grow ... vision ( instead of the blind 'dollar' faith you seem to have ) is the growth factor here - NOT price ... what is the use of a system that goes no where - but on a trade list? ... eventually interest wains and it becomes a deceased entity ... without growth of the project - price is moot ... and that growth can ONLY come from vision ... and that costs nothing ...

but - im not here to convince you otherwise ... only here to grow the coin - the projects surrounding it - and the ideals that come with it ...

btw - to answer your question ... YUP! ... even at 1sat it is worth it if it has a decent vision ... eventually - people will see what comes of this vision - GROWTH ... when that happens - price is a consequence ... oops - i did it again ... said those two words - price and consequential - in the same sentence again Wink ...

#crysx

SweetStars

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:19:38 AM

Improvements and development of the coin leads to higher prices in the intermediate and long run. Things begin to snowball.
The team is growing. Progress is being made, the value increases. It is becoming more resilient when those bloodbaths happen. And stays up when it shifts upward. 
Focusing on super-short term gains is just pump and dump scammy crap, or pure hype. Both which end in pain, and alienate folks. There is no growth there in the intermediate and long term, both in price and development. Price matters, but without a solid team and growth, real increases do not happen. You end up rotting on the vine. What I have seen over the last three months is a growing team with a great strategy to push this coin forward. The coin has gone up in value as a result.
bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2017, 11:28:24 AM

We completed the design for emc2me.io - Einsteinium crowdfunding platform.

It will be presented  next Friday 6/16/2017 on our web site www.emc2.foundation

Cheers!

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 05:29:20 PM

Improvements and development of the coin leads to higher prices in the intermediate and long run. Things begin to snowball.
The team is growing. Progress is being made, the value increases. It is becoming more resilient when those bloodbaths happen. And stays up when it shifts upward.  
Focusing on super-short term gains is just pump and dump scammy crap, or pure hype. Both which end in pain, and alienate folks. There is no growth there in the intermediate and long term, both in price and development. Price matters, but without a solid team and growth, real increases do not happen. You end up rotting on the vine. What I have seen over the last three months is a growing team with a great strategy to push this coin forward. The coin has gone up in value as a result.

EMC2 what part of PAID PROMOTION are you confused about? it's just LITECOIN re-mix nothing radically different than other coins lol Cool

====  .O1BTC par value $EMC2* ====
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 11:45:38 PM

anyone know why the bittrex market is down?
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 01:46:22 AM

anyone know why the bittrex market is down?

EMC2 4000 close !!! cryptopia markets legit * Cheesy weeeeeeee
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 01:52:11 AM

It will be presented  next Friday 6/16/2017 on our web site www.emc2.foundation

Cheers!

Will this new crowdfunding platform feature those of us who sponsored the last one that didn't make it or will that be forgotten?
ARTISTCOLONY

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:16:21 AM

It will be presented  next Friday 6/16/2017 on our web site www.emc2.foundation

Cheers!

Will this new crowdfunding platform feature those of us who sponsored the last one that didn't make it or will that be forgotten?

FIRST MILLION goes to greenpeace save the whales ~ save the rainforest~ legal weed ... Cool

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_emc2
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:00:10 PM

it seems an intresting coin after litecoin
emc2 team is growing and its price is also growing
and crowdfunding platform is on its way and soon will be presented on next Friday 6/16/2017 on our web site www.emc2.foundation
its good news after crowdfunding price will rise and i hope after that there is no dump
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:04:39 PM

and crowdfunding platform is on its way and soon will be presented on next Friday 6/16/2017 on our web site www.emc2.foundation
its good news after crowdfunding price will rise and i hope after that there is no dump

Been holding EMC2 for years, mined most of them, glad to see it's getting some respect!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:07:54 PM

For such litecoin it is a bit difficult, but we all unite to try it.
fonship

Activity: 893
Merit: 135

Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 11:56:15 PM

I have started mining with GPU with CGMiner, it is showing me hash rate of 32 KH with 2 RX 580, but all my shares are marked as invalid when i check ,https://pool.emc2.foundation/index.php?page=dashboard

can anyone help what could be wrong here

selling sushistake.com, send offers
jyap

Activity: 328
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 04:26:05 AM

Hello I need a EMC2 dev to join Bittrex Slack

http://slack.bittrex.com

Please dm me @bittrex-julian

Thanks

RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 11:58:05 AM

Thanks

I need to get my EMC2 coins out of Bittrex!
Pls help!  
Need EMC2 devs to cooperate!
uacoin

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:34:30 PM

Thanks

I need to get my EMC2 coins out of Bittrex!
Pls help!  
Need EMC2 devs to cooperate!

The developers of EMC2 are collaborating with Bittrex team right now. There are nothing to worry about. It's just EMC2 is expanding too fast. Grin
HashUnlimited

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 06:06:37 PM

Emergency Release

as there is kind of // in the emc2 codebase which actually shouldn't be there, exchanges discovered attacks recently and even icing our precious. The reason is known, even we are just 99% ready for release, I would encourage miners and exchanges to update their nodes to an emergency-prerelease disallowing pre-BIP34 double spends there are miners active right now using just this exploit.

https://github.com/HashUnlimited/Einsteinium-Unlimited

Thx
einsteinium (OP)

Activity: 536
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 10:22:01 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 08:12:10 AM by einsteinium

Emergency Release

as there is kind of // in the emc2 codebase which actually shouldn't be there, exchanges discovered attacks recently and even icing our precious. The reason is known, even we are just 99% ready for release, I would encourage miners and exchanges to update their nodes to an emergency-prerelease disallowing pre-BIP34 double spends there are miners active right now using just this exploit.

https://github.com/HashUnlimited/Einsteinium-Unlimited

Thx

Thanks Hushunlimited for showing initiative, you are awesome. I encourage others to do what he did which is play with the code.
In Open-Source world anyone can fork, change, update..., send signals...

Emc2 foundation is on steady course to upgrade the code to LTC 0.13.3 which should take care of a lot of things.
If, in addition to that, you have any recommendations, you are welcome to show us and we will be happy to merge it into

einsteinium (emc2) official master branch:
https://github.com/emc2foundation/qt-wallet-emc2

Please do not forget that hush rate is one of the most important factors in coin security.
Every day we are more secure with hush rate increase.

MIL coin Blue Paper www.emc2.foundation/mil
Snova

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:18:01 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 11:28:53 AM by Snova

If you check the EMC2 slack out they are working on the issue and the max lost on bittrex is 5K . It also seems that the double spend is related to a buggy code. So hopefully they will be able to sort it out soon.

Quote From Slack
"There is one little light out there: as our investigation so far, it is very likely that those double spends are not being produced on purpose, but on buggy code."
"So the guy mining them might not even know about the dilemma."
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: