Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:59:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut losses  (Read 21560 times)
Jimmy Crypto

Activity: 55
Merit: 53

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:22:56 PM

OK so I bought ETH a while back when it was 600 dollars.

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

Please help me understand

The best chances are when you get in on the ground floor! ETH is too risky. Come help us rebuild Gamecoin and you can make some serious ROI!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263600.msg44608503#msg44608503

This is not joke. We've got some of the top people in the cryptospace on board. This is going to go big.

"From the many, one. From one, the source."
GREENch

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:39:17 PM

Averaging is a reasonable solution. But I can not understand, it is important for you to buy ETH? It may be worth it to explore other altcoins! Diversification of crypto portfolio will be the best solution.
lavishlife

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:16:06 PM

I don't think selling your ethereum is the best choice,
my suggestion is wait for the market to recover.
KarinaMix

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:26:52 PM

Yes, do not panic you, soon the market will stabilize and everything will be fine,you will be in the black, keep patience and wait and then you will get your money.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:32:17 PM

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

So you are buying high and sell low? then buy again it seems not a good strategy in my own opinion. i suggest to just keep holding and buy some eth again at the current price to lower your average price of purchase  I also bought eth when it was @320$ and with the current price i just keep holding but if it go below 250 i will add  some to lower my average price. I'm confident ETH can bounce anytime soon specially when bitcoin would start to recover.
trns.txt

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:33:18 PM

It is a bad idea to sell your ETH right now. If you still have confidence and courage, I suggest you to hold your ETH. And only sell it when the price more than 600 dollars. Sell the ETH and buy back in current crypto market condition, may lead to other losses.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:35:47 PM

Don't sell now because ETH is near bottom now, think about to buy more ETH now cheaper to reduce the average purchase price. Or if you don't want to invest more money - hold and sell on high in the future because crypto prices are cyclic and we will see ETH more then $600 again.
untugede

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:39:22 PM

if I might suggest you never sell and buy Ethereum again when market prices like this, it will make you lose even more, you better keep holding it until Ethereum prices will rise again, and even if you want to buy, you have to buy without selling your Ethereum with a high purchase price.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                 
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                       
                                                    ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:50:42 PM

Why sell now and buy back later? Is that cover your loss? I don't think it's have different than don't do anything, I believe that a lot of investor their ETH buy price is higher than you , more than $1K, my suggestion is don't do any action, wait for market price recover and you can sell eth at better price

yla1974

Activity: 700
Merit: 380

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:06:15 PM

If to be frank with you. I think you should not trade in this market, because the final of your trading history will be sad. You should not ask what you do. You must have a clear plan of action and a vision strategy.
fairyvibes

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:13:27 PM

Don't sell now because ETH is near bottom now, think about to buy more ETH now cheaper to reduce the average purchase price. Or if you don't want to invest more money - hold and sell on high in the future because crypto prices are cyclic and we will see ETH more then $600 again.

Only an idiot would sell at this price. Eth will be back over 1k by the end of this year and bitcoin will be back over 20k.  Whales are spreading fud and getting people to sell cheap.
Iykecollinz
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:15:03 PM

I have decided to apply the traders approach in crypto investment, always plan an exit, Invest at a certain amount and plan to exit at a particular amount whether profit or loss, looking at your portfolio and it keeps going down daily cause some hypertension.. Just set my stop loss and sleep well

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:20:34 PM

Selling ETH at this price will be foolish so the only advice will be to hold your ETH and wait for a year or two for it to recover. You do not need to worry about holding ETH as it is not a shit altcoin which will die off.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:33:06 PM

selling your ethereum at the lowest price possible and buying at the highest price and your expecting for a profit in the future? selling your eth before the price drops alot you can probably cut some loses but selling it now would be a bad idea the price is on the lowest right now just hold it till you are back.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:38:39 PM

If you have plans to buy back then why do you want to sell? You are only going to lose money in fees if you do that, an option is to buy more ethereum with cash, that way the average price at what you bought will be lower, as an example you buy one ETH at 600 if you buy another ETH at 300 then the average price you paid for your ETH holdings in fiat is 450, so you will be in profits faster if you do that.
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:48:11 PM

What you have posted is a highly risky approach, for me eth is already way down and it has high chances of finding support around these levels, so i will not look to sellhere, i will keep holding till next big wave up.

bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:51:54 PM

There is no need to deny that the majority of people investing in ETH want to make a profit. choosing the right time at least slightly reduces losses.
ryanpargoz

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:59:05 PM

Sell it !
Buy back , or if you have more bucks just hold your eth
don't sell when eth price so low.
buy more , then gain more profit !
patience is the key in cryptocurrency
hidden jutsu

Activity: 467

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:16:09 PM

if you sell your eth now, then you wont be able to return your losses, I know its hard and sometimes you feel hasty to get your money, but you will only get half of your money since its price drops, its better if you wait and add some of your eth holding as of now than selling it.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Dreamace7

Activity: 126

: ”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:18:10 PM

Ethereum is a solid cryptocurrency, I would advise you hold for the long-term. This could range from 2-5 years. In a more favorable market, Ethereum can easily cross your buy price, and fetch you some profits.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: