Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:16:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut losses  (Read 21562 times)
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 06:40:47 PM

OK so I bought ETH a while back when it was 600 dollars.

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

Please help me understand
If you have other good reasons to sell your eth then go ahead. Then if you want to sell your eth because the market is down then it's not a good move. You already have lost half of investment and I'm sure you can take more losses. Always remember in crypto world its always unpredictable the price today is high then the next day its down. Better hold your eth and wait for the next bull run =)
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:06:34 PM

Ethereum is a rock solid coin. It is not a good move to sell it and buy back cheaper as it can happen
that it recovers and you will not have chance to buy back cheaper  and you will end up with a loss.
It is smarter to buy more at price  $270 and have lover averaged price and better exit point.
Salelo

Activity: 434

GIGZI

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 04:53:12 AM

I believe that to reduce losses, you should not sell now and preferably not invest. Because the market is not stable and many coins are understated prices. We need to wait for the market to recover then what to decide about buying or selling.
to buy at this time should be highly recommended, because the price of the altcoin is now much cheaper, and will potentially rise again in price. so I bought a famous coin, like ethereum

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
kolinasnum

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:56:25 AM

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

If you sell your coins at this bad market, I think you can have nothing, except a big loss. Sometimes the prices can go very down and they look like they will never rise again, but remember that, the prices of the cryptocurrencies are always fluctuate. So, just be patient.
Gromx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:03:45 AM

Why would you sell Ethereum if the coin is now in the red ?? Is it not easier to buy at a lower price to average your position.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:04:24 AM

Of course for me Ethereum has dropped and has a high chance to find support around this level, so I will not try to sell it, I will continue to hold it until the next big wave. And be patient and observe the first things. Ethereum is known as one of the main players so holding is the best choice.
travelhelperio

Activity: 56

Helper

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:19:53 AM

Patience Bro, In late 2013, The price of Bitcoin went $210 in Jan 2015 after achieving $1000 in Nov 2013 . these are up and downs of investment market, time will change again. Hold, Hold and Hold with Patience.

● Travel Helper ●
▰▰▰▰ Freelancer platform for Travelers ▰▰▰▰
● https://www.travelhelper.io/  ●
Krezi777

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:26:51 AM

In order to reduce losses, one must wait and hope for the best, and not drop the crypt immediately after failure. This is a market that has the property of falling and taking off. This is a long-term investment.
hotimbineh

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:27:29 AM

it will end bro ...; You better survive and be more patient and if you master the analysis of market chart trading, then selling it is also good and buying it back in time the market changes a bit because you will get a little profit from market changes

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:30:27 AM

Put that ETH to good use while you wait for the price to rise. You can earn good percentages trading tokens in ETH. Do the solid projects like PUNDI X for example, if you trade that in ETH, you can make profits and average down your cost as well. I trade ETH and BTC but mainly for my daily bread and also to accumulate more in Pundi x and some good coins that have at least a chance to run x 20 in the bull run or even more as they are way undervalued right now. I wish you luck and hope you make profits in 2018, despite this bear market phase that has been really very long on our backs.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
zDNkfr9

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:31:24 AM

I am like you, I am also the Ethereum bought for $600. Now the value of Ethereum is around $300. Although it is very sad, I will always hold my coin and I will continue to wait for the market to rise. I won't sell it.
HeatherCo

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:33:18 AM

I recommend keeping it for a while and waiting for the market to stabilize and then sell. Now is the right time to hold, not suitable for sale.
Btcirene88

Activity: 214

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:41:56 AM

If I were in your place,I would not do that. Selling now won't give you profit but losses instead. Try to hold a little bit longer when the price is higher than 600 or better add more coins if possible.

═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES ═══▦▦═══
ICO TOKEN SALE IS NOW OPEN TO INVESTORS (https://www.4art-technologies.com)
francesyrus

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:06:18 AM

No, not a goood idea to sell your ETH, just hold it and wait for the right time it will go up eventually just have more patience. ETH can go as high as $1000. If you invested on shitcoins you can cut losses on that by 5%-10% only  and buy back when it goes down more.

AzureDragon

Activity: 244
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:10:42 AM

I recommend you to have patience. If you sell all your ETH it will be a great loss.
Instead you may try to buy new cheap ETH and get profit via day trading.
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:12:56 AM

No one here will advise you on what to transfer your investments in order to make a profit, I can only say one thing: until you fix a loss - you do not have it. Dont panic, may be we will see a growing market  this year.
Kartika1

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 06:15:39 AM

i think cutloss is the worst option you can do right now. if you just want to rebuy then just hodl and wait for the bullrun. ethereum is still the most popular altcoins tho
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:20:37 AM

It is not the right time. Please be patient and wait for price to rise or atleast it should reach the amount you have invested.

gathingbrus

Activity: 209
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:22:40 AM

I myself have not so adept at cut loss. because it cut loss is quite a big risk. So that needs to be done by you that is experienced and has a smart strategy. then we recommend that you first read a lot about cut losses. So you are not missteps and not the wrong strategy.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
Myhunh

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:22:55 AM

isn't it better to buy now since the price is low? if you really wanna invest?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: