Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:49:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cut losses  (Read 21556 times)
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:27:37 AM

OK so I bought ETH a while back when it was 600 dollars.

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

Please help me understand

It is not the right time. Please be patient and wait for price to rise or atleast it should reach the amount you have invested.

Yeah it is not a good idea to sell their coins to cut the losses but It's up to him if he wants to sell the ethereum, because of what happened now in the market. Maybe he needs an fiat for daily or afraid of the situation now, make a decision but don't regret.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:27:48 AM

Now that ETH is 275 is it a good move to sell my ETH and buy back in? Wouldnt profit be faster when market picks up like that or not?

I am always surprised by the type of person like this, he does not understand the consequences of trading but forces himself to keep buying, you better read basic trading knowledge first.
dimb

Activity: 630
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:29:13 AM

I think it's worth the wait and not selling your ETH at a low price, what we're seeing right now. In the near future, this crypto currency can regain lost ground, especially as there is virtually no competition on the market.
plmxs

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:30:03 AM

To be honest, I don't know when the market will pick up. The market's rise will inevitably involve a large amount of capital. The premise is that there is money to enter the market. Last year's market was because of the huge amount of money. As for how the future is, I don’t know. If you don't want to lose, stick to it.
alfimanis

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:00:09 AM

if you sell eth that you have now you will get a lot of loss because if you look at the price of eth when you buy and the price of eth now is very far away, you should hold the eth you have in the longer term, than You get a huge loss, just wait in a few months, some of the rumors circulating mostly state that the market will recover at the end of this year, so just hold on while waiting for the price recovery.
dwiady

Activity: 178
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:02:23 AM

yes if you have researched that prices will continue to fall sharply, but in my opinion the price will soon improve after August
ilya_safronov

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:06:34 AM

Keep till the last, Etherium has no competitors in the market and not sure if I will. Yes, now is not the best of times on the market, but it is temporary, will soon begin to rise, I really hope so.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    I N F L E U M    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  
█ ▌   Pre - sale  ➧  Oct 1, 2018    ⌊  http://infleum.io  ⌉
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:06:39 AM

Nobody know. But my personal point of view that you should not sell your ETH. Price was dumped and it is already happen. Now I think that chance for ETH growing is better than falling.  
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:00:49 AM

With the current price of eth it isn't advisable to cut lose considering how much you bought it. There's no way to cut when you knew that it's hopeless and even buying back isn't a good idea. Eth is a potential one and it will surely rise later on so there's no way to be bother about your loss.

And you should actually be buying more.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
eziodavinci

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:05:50 AM

If you don't need your asset in ETH (money) I recommend you should not sell. This is bearish market and I 100% sure that market will recovery, if it's down, it's will recovery. And that time you can cut loss with less loss
genixye

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:09:24 AM

I don't think it's a good idea, because I know the $275 eth is already cheap, it's not going to come back down significantly, and I think it's a good time to buy as long as we're going to make a profit.
jingyu27

Activity: 108

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:13:03 AM

If you sell your coin, you are losing money.
If you don't sell your coins, then you have no loss. Temporary fluctuations in the market have no loss for us at all. You need to judge for yourself, your opinion of the market.
Mendrofa

Activity: 455
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:14:09 AM

I think it's better to hold back, it depends on what plan you plan, whether you are a long-term investor or a trader, because I prefer to hold in the long run and believe in eth will develop I will hold it
iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:24:18 AM

For me I don't think that's a nice move if you sell the eth you bought at $600 at $275, the price margin between the two is huge and you will make lose, so it is a good move if you continue to hold
Utyg

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 08:55:43 PM

That would be very stupid. Sell the airwaves now. So as you will lose almost four hundred dollars with one Prime -. I was shopping for the same price somewhere in February. But I will wait until the last. It is possible and even necessary now to buy ether. Since the price is very low.
lositech

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 02:08:15 AM

No need to sell off your eth now, you are already on the losing end, so I will advise you hold your eth until price improve, though it might take some time but eth will surely go up again, once market recovers and ICO investing starts booming again, eth price will jump high again.
lykakokelley123

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:39:21 AM

i am trying to cut my lose too but i want to buy eth instead, i know eth will recover faster than any other alts and i have a felling that this is a good move to gain good profit but still we also need to sell some of our alts in switching coin and eth price now is a huge price too, its just a matter of decision whether you want to try to gamble like what i am thinking right now 
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:02:07 AM

I think market is running through it's lowest rates.  So I do not suggest selling at this point of time.  As you are already suffered a big loss because the difference between buying rate and current price is too much; so I suggest you to buy more at current price it will bring down the average cost price of the coins will go down and loss will be less.  Suppose I bought one coin @ 800 and now the price falls to 400.  Now if I buy 4 more coins at current price the price will be 800+400x4  = 2400 for five coins.  Cost per coin will be 480.  When ever the price goes up you may easily cover the loss.

Traders are very intelligent people.  With every purchase they set stop loss limit.  Suppose he buys coin @ 800 and fixes stop loss limit  @750; will immediately sell in case he sees price falling below 750.  So they do not suffer big losses.

Also I suggest others currently bear phase is running.  It is best time to invest.  Never follow the  market.

Buy when others are selling.  Sell when others are buying.  

maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:17:13 AM

I think you need to be patient in making decisions, don't sell your ETH at the current price, you better hold your ETH, wait for the price to pass 600 $ and you will feel the benefits of what you buy at 600 $.

yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 03:22:53 AM

I don't think it's a good move to sell when you lost already more than half of your investment. It would be much better to just hold it and then if you have more funds, you can consider investing in it so that you can average down. It would be better as well to study trading so that when the price goes down, you can take advantage of it by selling it and then buy back later. It is not advisable for newbies in trading to immediately do shorting because it's very risky but if you are trading for a while then it would be better to learn both ways whether it's short or long.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████