Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:07:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with scammers  (Read 1578 times)
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:28:08 PM

i have fallen victim of such scam and at the end of the day i lost my money. these scammers continue to device means to move away with huge sum of money. it is a painful thing and i strongly hope soon enough measures will be put in place to checkmate these issues.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anewor

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:54:42 PM

Most of the ICO projects do have something to say. They are good and well planned. But the reason why they fall is they lack the needed manpower and resources to continue with their plans. Their teams is not working in the international level and maybe working just locally. We all know that while every ICO might be unique but since we are all dealing with money to invest in ICOs then every ICO is a direct competition to all existing projects whether the known ones nad even those whom others cobsidered as a scam. So only the good coins are left the rest becomes history.
Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:08:22 PM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .

It is too common in any investment so we cannot eliminate scam but we can reduce this.  If every person do have knowledge about investment and they are secure money, it can prevent scam.  When a concern person warn a businessman, it can also prevent scam.  It is up to you when you get scam but sometimes you cannot know it.  Investment was too risky because of some scammer.  Take note, if the investment was contain any impossible thing that you can gain money easily without any risk then don't take it.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:08:31 PM

True there has been so many of them that collect funds and run away. And nothing has been done to them. Investors are at receiving end. This is why the SEC is trying to cleanse all scams and uncertainties in crypto that brings fear, fud and scam elements.
Sazakan

Activity: 82
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:15:06 PM

At first i spent very low sums on a few projects which could be described as a scam, even while some of them were so funny/weird and my investment was so small, that it does not really matter for me. On the long run i learned how to watch out, which tricks can be used to prevent scammers and what are the usual hints. Not sure if i have to repeat them once again but having a working homepage, with real people, who can be googled, with real investors/adivors and a  real whitepaper/project map....usually makes the whole thing way more believable.

“Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.” ― Benjamin Franklin
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:16:24 PM

I already scam by the other ICO but most ICO most I invested I earn because IM careful now do a research and follow most of the ICO investor who knows high chnace what is high is legit.
Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:21:25 PM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .

There are lot of scam projects everywhere in which they can use both fiat and crypto currencies platform.These projects are hard to detect that even professionals are become victims. Of course if these scammers will be caught then they should be put in jail by filling complaint against them but these will not reduce scammer so the best thing we can do is to double our effort to avoid them by making more reviews and checking the projects if they are legit or not.
Fenixsfeather

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

What can we do with them? I think, we should better analyze ICOS. What else we can do?)

sakahayang

Activity: 414

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:58:17 PM

Throughout 2018 this is indeed a lot of scams that occur in the crypto world, especially bounty Hunters or give away, we can avoid this if we are smarter in choosing a project given by some coin developers. There are some tips that I can give, to avoid fraud in working on projects.
1. must choose wisely the projects we can do
2. must know who gave the project, choose people who have often provided projects with good results.
3. calculate the income that will be given by the developer, this is important because for what we work if the payment is not appropriate. (in this case calculate the small amount of income earned)
4. looking for info about the coin / project, in what area? and whether many support the project.
this last addition,
5. keep track of info about the project.
maybe it's a little tips for the Bounty hunter / Give away, hopefully there is no fraud that befalls you.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:59:59 PM

I believe that scammers will always exists as long as people falling in their scams exists, since it's profitable for them.

How to get rid of scammers? - Educate the public in a big level. If you personally help one person learn it's a tiny bit less profit for them and for that you're already doing something to get rid of them. Not only talking about scam ICOs but also about any kind of existing scam.

They hurt the image of the good ICOs with valuable/useful projects behind them.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:22:58 PM

I ever fell to a scam ICO, it was very bad, even though my investment was small, but I felt a loss and that is my experience.

there is nothing we can do, unless we have to take preventive measures, so we don't fall back to the scam ICO.
billionaireSHS

Activity: 269
Merit: 10

Decentralized Transportation Solution

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:24:30 AM

Yes I do, you know sir I am actually joined at signature campaign last year, I think it is August. And when this bounty campaign already finished I'll wait for my token to be distributed and glad to say that the token was distributed but it almost 3 months of waiting. In contrast, sad to say because until I am waiting for the value of that token. Sad  I was thinking that, that campaign is a scammed  Huh

Gragal

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:41:07 AM

most of the projects in the bounty campaign are scams, I am very disappointed to see many bounty campaign projects that are scam, this is probably because the price of bitcoin is down, so many deceptive coins and coins are scam.

▰▰▰ MODUL ▰▰▰
▐  EKOSISTEM CRYPTOECONOMIC ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK [/ u] ▌
https://modltoken.io/
Seundavid

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 06:59:21 AM

All We need is to be cautious, understanding the reality and get rid of scammers finding them. Very few has got the tendency to find the scammer from his conversation itself. It is good to report finding them, so that others can benefits.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 10:42:23 AM

I already several times got on scammers. And I think that it is difficult to fight against scammers. They are in all spheres and not only in the crypto currency. Therefore, you just have to accept this and more carefully approach the selection of ICO projects.
saaux

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:52:13 AM

Just report what we can do with scammers and keep in mind that their actions and name or user accounts, the scammer has a lot inside crypto so we should take care of the lage. I do not know any other way to destroy them or to expel them out of the crypto and not to return.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
zhelis74

Activity: 510
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:58:02 AM

I ever fell to a scam ICO, it was very bad, even though my investment was small, but I felt a loss and that is my experience.

there is nothing we can do, unless we have to take preventive measures, so we don't fall back to the scam ICO.
Scammers are everywhere much more in this modern world that use inter network connection, those scammers are the one that wants instant money without being worked and use the innocent individual. I think its good to be very vigilant and studios on the ICO that we plan to invest because they are very hard to identify at the start but I think if only crypto currency have an agency to filter every new ICO then it will minimize those scammers.

MGBloomz

Activity: 238

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:00:07 AM

scammers are everywhere and they are milking this technology as many investors has no knowledge about this technology. It's necessary to ask first to your friends for guidance if you don't know. Although it's difficult to identify a scam projects but once you have a doubt better to research more if it's a legit or not before investing your money.

Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:04:00 AM

There are scammers every where both in real life business and online business, it is in your place to be careful before investing in any business because it will be very difficult to retrieve your money when it is gone.

I don’t think they can be stopped unless reported but there are too many scammers for sure so what you should do is to prevent being scammed and think thrice before investing your asset. Learn how to research about the background and investigate about the thing your investing in.
malbterxic

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 11:06:50 AM

In my opinion, in order not to deal with scammers, you need to carefully study the ICO and invest your funds only if you understand the purpose of the project and the team that works above it inspires confidence in you. If you invest without understanding, just by listening to someone's advice, then there is a high probability of losing your investment.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: