Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmine CoinCraft Series Users Thread - Troubleshooting, Efficiency, O/C  (Read 24427 times)
bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:06:56 AM

Has anyone tried minepeon?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137934.0
I had it on my USB erupters some months ago, it worked perfectly.
Not sure about running on CCDs though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:27:38 PM

I just got an email from Christian at Bitmine support. This is the location for new firmware:
http://bitmine.ch/support/sd-card-restore/

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
glen123
Legendary

Activity: 1028
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:54:35 PM

not really

http://bitmine.ch/download/ccd/firmware/updates/20140425170710/mineros-basic-image-raspberrypi-20140425170710.rootfs.rpi-sdimg.zip

THAT is show under the Link

edit : btw, the new Firmware shows NO ! HW errors at Setting "Power Safe Ultra" over 1 Day
but lots Errors above Turbo Moderate

and its the same Power out of Wall like the older Firmware

Glen
grzsmy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:23:04 AM

Hi guys! Pls help.
I've just recieved 3 coincraft miners. One 1th/, two 800 gh/s

All of three works fine for onlny one day, till today.
With two of them i just turned it off and when I want turn it on again they started, i can conected to them via lan i see dasbord but it shows 0gh/s speed. On screen also 0gh/s speed:(

I tried many times turn of and turn on and nothing changed:(

Bery similar but different situation with third 1th/s miner. It mined and turn off in night. When I woke up and wanted to turn on it started but after start there is also 0gh/s in screen and i. dashboard.

Pls help and give me any idea and advice what to do?
Is there any hard restart on power suply?

Ps.
I add one thing. i had problems with my electric network and when i turn on too many devices all electrocyty shout down in my house
Gogreen

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:26:29 AM

Hi guys! Pls help.
I've just recieved 3 coincraft miners. One 1th/, two 800 gh/s

All of three works fine for onlny one day, till today.
With two of them i just turned it off and when I want turn it on again they started, i can conected to them via lan i see dasbord but it shows 0gh/s speed. On screen also 0gh/s speed:(

I tried many times turn of and turn on and nothing changed:(

Bery similar but different situation with third 1th/s miner. It mined and turn off in night. When I woke up and wanted to turn on it started but after start there is also 0gh/s in screen and i. dashboard.

Pls help and give me any idea and advice what to do?
Is there any hard restart on power suply?

Ps.
I add one thing. i had problems with my electric network and when i turn on too many devices all electrocyty shout down in my house
it could be the backplate, or the sd card, the last one is the power supply issued.
For sd card , get a new one and burn a new software to it.

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:30:49 PM

Open up each unit and check that all cables are secure. What I found with all my units is the red connector PCB that goes across the top of the modules was slightly disconnected from some modules.

While you're in the machine, be careful about electro-static shock damage - be sure to earth yourself and try not to touch any chip pins or PCB tracers, the static electricity from your hand could fry something. Also make sure the power supply is off and power off at the wall too.

jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:44:26 AM

Hi guys,
just a quick feedback for you: the 1500 Platimax PSU installed on my (first batch) Coincraft Desk is dead, is on short-circuit.

Basically the magnetothermic (you know, the over-current protection thing) switches off if I try to connect the cable of my Desk to the wall.
Of course if I shut down the small switch behind the Platimax everything is fine.

Any other of you had the same issue? Do I have to buy a new PSU to keep mining?

Thanks...

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
rmb2u

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:48:05 AM

Hi all,

I have received my miner, but I have a strange problem.
After running about 2 minutes the miner front display stops working well, and is only showing strange signs.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here?

Kind regards,

RmB2u
nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 01:03:07 PM

Hi all,

I have received my miner, but I have a strange problem.
After running about 2 minutes the miner front display stops working well, and is only showing strange signs.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong here?

Kind regards,

RmB2u

Join the club -- common problem, ignore it -- It doesn't cause any trouble

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
Shaolino

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:21:35 AM

Hello, I have the same problem as Zelek Uther mentioned here before. The miner starts hashing and then slowly dies after a few minutes.
After rebooting I can start it again with the same result....after a few minutes it just stops hashing.
Any ideas ?
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:56:51 AM

Hello, I have the same problem as Zelek Uther mentioned here before. The miner starts hashing and then slowly dies after a few minutes.
After rebooting I can start it again with the same result....after a few minutes it just stops hashing.
Any ideas ?
I still have this issue on one miner. I've tried different SDCards, different firmware (including Debian Desk from a forum user), I have even swapped out the RaspPi. Still have the same issue where cgminer fails with a segmentation fault. I see this by invoking cgminer from the command line.

What I'm trialling now is running just one module at a time. I unplugged the PCIe cable from every module except the first one, and it ran fine on one module for 24 hours. Power down, try the same with just module 2... and so on. I run each for at least 24 hours as a test. Still working through this. Then I'll try two modules... then three etc until I can run stable with as many as possible.

jimmy3dita

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:41:48 AM

Just a quick note to say that Bitmine has promptly sent me a new PSU (it took just 72 hours, using UPS), so right now I'm back at full speed.

Acquista il mio libro "Investire Bitcoin": clicca qui
Shaolino

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 12:25:30 PM

Any ideas ?
I still have this issue on one miner. I've tried different SDCards, different firmware (including Debian Desk from a forum user), I have even swapped out the RaspPi. Still have the same issue where cgminer fails with a segmentation fault. I see this by invoking cgminer from the command line.

What I'm trialling now is running just one module at a time. I unplugged the PCIe cable from every module except the first one, and it ran fine on one module for 24 hours. Power down, try the same with just module 2... and so on. I run each for at least 24 hours as a test. Still working through this. Then I'll try two modules... then three etc until I can run stable with as many as possible.

Interesting, thanks for your information, so it makes no sense for me trying different SDcards etc.....
my miners were delivered end of June, could it be that a whole batch has this problem ?
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:58:01 AM

Any ideas ?

I've run each module by itself, then combinations of two, then three, and finally have it hashing stable on four modules.

So the result of my troubleshooting is that I have to leave one module unplugged (PCIe cable disconnected).

nox_

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:55:31 PM

Any ideas ?

I've run each module by itself, then combinations of two, then three, and finally have it hashing stable on four modules.

So the result of my troubleshooting is that I have to leave one module unplugged (PCIe cable disconnected).

What PSU are you running for the five modules?

I bought three 1 TH/s units (each had five modules) and originally I had three broken backplane boards which were replaced. I then had the issue of four boards running at full speed with one at 25 - 29 GH/s.. This was fixed by replacing the stock 1000W PSU with a 1250W PSU then putting the miner into 'turbo moderate' - This kicked the final module into life, cleared my segmentation faults and I am hashing at 1 - 1.1 TH/s on two of the units.

Still need to solder on a capacitor to one of the replacement miner boards I received (had to ship two back for repairs) as they arrived with broken heatsinks :-(
Zelek Uther

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:39:28 PM

Any ideas ?

What PSU are you running for the five modules?

I bought three 1 TH/s units (each had five modules) and originally I had three broken backplane boards which were replaced. I then had the issue of four boards running at full speed with one at 25 - 29 GH/s.. This was fixed by replacing the stock 1000W PSU with a 1250W PSU then putting the miner into 'turbo moderate' - This kicked the final module into life, cleared my segmentation faults and I am hashing at 1 - 1.1 TH/s on two of the units.

Still need to solder on a capacitor to one of the replacement miner boards I received (had to ship two back for repairs) as they arrived with broken heatsinks :-(

I've got 4x 1TH/s Desks (5 modules) each has the stock Antec 1000W PSU.

I could try a higher W PSU to see if I can get that last module stable, thanks for the idea. Trouble is I'd have to buy one, I have none spare at the moment.

DjangoSi

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:59:52 AM

If I am upgrading the SD Card to the new Firmware I get this error:

root@raspberrypi:~# cgminer -T
[2014-04-25 17:31:13] Started cgminer 4.3.0
[2014-04-25 17:31:13] Failed to write to fdesc 4: Input/output error
[2014-04-25 17:31:13] No CoinCrafd Desk backplane detected.
[2014-04-25 17:31:13] Failed to write to fdesc 5: Input/output error
[2014-04-25 17:31:13] All devices disabled, cannot mine!

Any idea?
glendower

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:18:10 PM

I've just received two Coincraft Desks, both with 8 modules.

I've just been looking to see what can be done to overclock these, but two things are holding me back so far:

1. The temperature gauge on the LCD panels of both units reads 0.0C. Obviously wrong... any idea why for both of these units there would be no temperature data being displayed?

2. There is no option to change the power mode. On the mining page is just says: "Device speed is factory calibrated to the best possible setting.".

Any suggestions folks?  Huh

Thanks.
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:35:49 PM

I've just been looking to see what can be done to overclock these, but two things are holding me back so far:

1. The temperature gauge on the LCD panels of both units reads 0.0C. Obviously wrong... any idea why for both of these units there would be no temperature data being displayed?

2. There is no option to change the power mode. On the mining page is just says: "Device speed is factory calibrated to the best possible setting.".

Any suggestions folks?  Huh

Thanks.

you mean rigs and not desk right ?

glendower

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:05:43 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2014, 05:30:30 PM by glendower

Any suggestions folks?  Huh

Thanks.

you mean rigs and not desk right ?

Well, funny you should ask that.

I ordered desks... but handles on front, couple of little brackets in the box.  Look more like I would expect rigs to look.

I'm being unintentionally dense. They've physically got 4 modules each, so ergo are Desks not Rigs.

Its just because as I was typing, the dashboards were up in front of me, which report 8 modules, even though it appears that physically there are 4 cards in each.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: