Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:14:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitmine CoinCraft Series Users Thread - Troubleshooting, Efficiency, O/C  (Read 24427 times)
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:28:25 PM

I've just received two Coincraft Desks, both with 8 modules.

I've just been looking to see what can be done to overclock these, but two things are holding me back so far:

1. The temperature gauge on the LCD panels of both units reads 0.0C. Obviously wrong... any idea why for both of these units there would be no temperature data being displayed?

2. There is no option to change the power mode. On the mining page is just says: "Device speed is factory calibrated to the best possible setting.".

Any suggestions folks?  Huh

Thanks.

you mean rigs and not desk right ?

Well, funny you should ask that.

I ordered desks... but handles on front, couple of little brackets in the box.  Look more like I would expect rigs to look.

I'm being unintentionally dense. They've physically got 4 modules each, so ergo are Desks not Rigs.

Its just because as I was typing, the dashboards were up in front of me, which report 8 modules, even though it appears that physically there are 4 cards in each.

i think that mean -> you've got 4 modules per desk -> with 8 chips per module -> 32 chips each miner -> per chip 31,25 gh/s -> its like "turbo mode"

i have the "old" desks -> with 40 chips each miner.... -> per chip 25 gh/s in normal mode....

it can be possible that this miners are not oc compatible -> but i'm not sure

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 06:29:25 PM

pull the sdcard out n update FW via desktop/laptop. could be an old image. try that then you may magically get "extra menus"
glendower

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:58:08 PM

pull the sdcard out n update FW via desktop/laptop. could be an old image. try that then you may magically get "extra menus"

When I look at the Update Firmware setting page, it says the current version is 201406101155.

Looks like a later version than Bitmine offer for download...
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:58:15 PM

look carefully, there's a newer one me thinks
invain

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:05:56 AM

Hello, thank you for this nice information base.
Two weeks ago I owned a pre-owned CoinCraft with 5 modules and an ANTEC 1000W PSU.
I decided to upgrade the PSU to an LEPA 1600W.
After connecting it and switching it on, the PSU knocked two times. I unpluged all connections except the mainboard connector and switched it on again...
I saw smoke and realized, that the connectoin on the PBC-Board from PIN 24 to C18 to C16 burned!
Since that its not possible to start the unit, neither with the original ANTEC PSU.
http://i57.tinypic.com/2s7866c.jpg.
Now I will try to fix the PBC board, but I don't know the function of the capacitor and the resistor.
So please help me with this questions:
Could this be an issue with the PSU-ON-Pin? Is there a difference between the ANTEC and the LEAP PSU?
Is it possible to buy a new PBC from anywhere if I can't fix it?
What did I made wrong?

Many thanks for your help!
Wolke
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:34:23 AM

Two weeks ago I owned a pre-owned CoinCraft with 5 modules and an ANTEC 1000W PSU.
After connecting it and switching it on, the PSU knocked two times. I unpluged all connections except the mainboard connector and switched it on again...
I saw smoke and realized, that the connectoin on the PBC-Board from PIN 24 to C18 to C16 burned!
Since that its not possible to start the unit, neither with the original ANTEC PSU.
Now I will try to fix the PBC board, but I don't know the function of the capacitor and the resistor.
Could this be an issue with the PSU-ON-Pin? Is there a difference between the ANTEC and the LEAP PSU?
What did I made wrong?

i think you killed the pcb or the miner -> never, realy never use the modular cables from an other psu !!

use only the cables from the same psu !!!!! the "pinbelegung" is from manufacturer to manufacturer different Sad

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:34:39 AM

What did I made wrong?

The LEPA 1600 is a multi-rail PSU with six 12V rails (4 x 30A and 2 x 20A). However only four 12V 30A rails are accessible as PCI-e. Plus you need to pick the correct connectors to make sure you don't plug 2 PCI-e cables into the same rail. The Desk needs five PCI-e cables, so for the fifth cable you need to make a custom PCI-e cable connected to one of the remaining 12V rails, which by the way are only 20A rails.

Chances are you did something wrong while doing this.
invain

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:42:35 AM

Many thanks wolke and Soros Shorts!
Now i have to life with this disgrace...
Will check all components, with luck only the board is damaged...
Bad day  Cry
invain

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:35:20 AM

Today, it's a good day  Grin - I'm back in action.
What I did:

Thanks to the information by Soros Shorts and wolke, I checked the PSU-cables.
There are many differences regarding the connector-settings of ANTEC and the LEPA.
So the failure was to use the ANTEC cable-management cables with the LEPA- so i shot through the PS-ON Pin to much Power.
What happened:
1. The Raspberry PI died an heroic death, because it got more than 5V and plenty more current.
2. Like on the picture of the last post, some parts and connections of the PCB died.
So I tested again and figured out, that the connection between the socket of the PS-ON-pin was broken.
I solved this with an quick and dirty modification:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2daatki.jpg
After some more tries, I figured out that the PS did not start. So the PS-ON circuit was probably damaged.
I fixed this with an paperclip between GND and PS-ON as bypass.
The new spare Raspberry PI started again!!! (Was glad to own one!!)

After installing and connecting all together and do a test-run I was very very very lucky:
Mining again, all units working  Grin Grin Grin

BUT I really think that the overheat-shutdown doesn't work regarding to the damages (I don't really care).

Thanks for your help, maybe this helps some one who made the same (facepalm) mistake like I did.

bomberb17

Activity: 771
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 01:51:47 PM

I had a 3-module 600gh/ CCD and I got another module 1 month ago so I went up to 800gh/s. I installed it and the desk was running fine at 800 - 850gh/s @ turbo moderate. But today suddenly one of the modules stopped working (can't tell if it is the new one or one of the other old ones). The "missing" module simply does not appear in the dashboard webpage. I have tried the following things:
-rebooting
-killing cgminer process through ssh and restarting cgminer manually, cgminer itself displays only 3 modules
-selecting all of the power modes (from power save ultra through turbo ultra)

None worked.
I also don't get the temperature on the dashboard any more.
Any ideas?
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:20:20 PM

check your pcie cable/power supply or connections, pcie could have melted/broken. best to run @ power safe light imo. very low hw erros, less heat, good power to ghs ration too. well thats just me.
bomberb17

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:55:14 PM

Well problem is that I have the miner in a remote location (with free electricity) and I only have web/SSH access to it. Hope nothing melted.. Any way to check through linux?
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:38:20 AM

Well problem is that I have the miner in a remote location (with free electricity) and I only have web/SSH access to it. Hope nothing melted.. Any way to check through linux?

gotta be physical ! haha . . . i would power down the miner & see to believe.
bomberb17

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:35:06 PM

Ok I finally managed to get physically to my miner.. I opened it and everything looked fine by visual inspection. No melted stuff, everything in place.
So I started experimenting, tested one module at a time, moved them around in different positions on the backplane and tested all of the PSU power connectors. I concuded that one of the modules is faulty. I removed it from the CCD.
Will contact bitmine and see if they can offer a replacement.

Also the temperature sensor still does not show up on the web interface. I also noticed that on the lcd screen, when I power up the miner it stays on the "Loading minerosd.." message and it does not display the hashrate, IP and temperature. This looks a software problem to me though.
glitchgod

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:53:28 AM

whats up with my rig?
I just received 2 rig units with 4 boards a piece and i cont power them up.
I saw that the ones he did send me (via skype) were working at some point. whats going on?
He sent me everything but the power cable so i bought this one
 http://amzn.com/B00GMPVAK6
their is no fan noise no beeps not even the tiny green light on the back?

Am i missing something or is their a power switch im blind to ?
Thracian

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 01:59:09 PM

Just a wild guess, do you see any 110/220V switch on the power supply, set to 220 (if you're using 110)?

whats up with my rig?
I just received 2 rig units with 4 boards a piece and i cont power them up.
I saw that the ones he did send me (via skype) were working at some point. whats going on?
He sent me everything but the power cable so i bought this one
 http://amzn.com/B00GMPVAK6
their is no fan noise no beeps not even the tiny green light on the back?

Am i missing something or is their a power switch im blind to ?
glitchgod

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:23:40 PM

I didn't see anything like that but I did notice the tree wires coming from the outlet cable to the power supplies were in different orders.( may they swapped in a crummy power supplies and hooked it up wrong.)
What colors are your guys according to top to bottom.
Yellow black red
Then
Red yellow black
What you guys have?( just look at the back through the holes
yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:28:11 AM

I didn't see anything like that but I did notice the tree wires coming from the outlet cable to the power supplies were in different orders.( may they swapped in a crummy power supplies and hooked it up wrong.)
What colors are your guys according to top to bottom.
Yellow black red
Then
Red yellow black
What you guys have?( just look at the back through the holes

spme pic will help out ! post some pix n i'll get back to you here.

no beeps on ccd's

wrongly wired = easy to blow things up

check the board across the blades, possibly pins not connected properly or bent (common)

switch to correct voltage 110/220V at psu

the ribbon cable from control board to the red connector board, that comes out easily too

sdcard too is it properly seated ?

does the rpi lit up at all ? anything on display ?

etc etc
glitchgod

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:57:31 PM

Um my wiring of the wall is incorrect and being repaired thank you all for the help.

Amazing help:)
nhminer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:13:01 PM

I am parting out my miners -- anyone interested in CCD modules? 

I'm in the US, so international shipping may be prohibitive

~nh

BCH - 1EshwUEg9LRbY5WMSw7bkBGQUYQeenkcet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: