Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What keeps you motivated to Hodl?  (Read 5293 times)
bangjoe

Activity: 1442
Merit: 697

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:15:48 PM

hodl aims to avoid loss because in my opinion, hodl is needed when the price of the coin we have goes down, not when prices are rising, then forces hoding to get a lot of profit because it can make us lose the moment to sell at a good price
and hodling is more suitable for new coins that have just entered the market and this project is still not growing rapidly because the coin still has a tendency to rise to a much higher price

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Docbee

Activity: 822
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:44:40 PM

We all know about the volatility of the crypto market, but somehow we still preach about the Hodl doctrine. What keeps you motivated to do so? and what sort of trust do you have in cryptocurrencies?

Investors like us are into predictions and discussions, but are we close to accuracy?

Discuss Smiley
I took some painful nasty decision last quarter of 2018 coins i sold later increased and gained value, i don't want to repeat the same mistake again i won't sell in this bear market.
seyola89

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:39:23 PM

It's very true that volatility is still very high in cryptos presently which is a thing of concern and scares many people away from investing in cryptos for now. But thanks to the stable usd pegged coins we have nowadays like usdt and co that one can use to hedge his cryptos assets into fiat
tominsoto

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:40:20 PM

The main thing that keeps me HODL'ing is I don't want to recognize my losses right now.  I believe in my coins so I continue to hold until I get to the profit point I'm looking for.  The only time I sell for a loss is if the fundamentals of the coin change Smiley
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:42:22 PM

We all know about the volatility of the crypto market, but somehow we still preach about the Hodl doctrine. What keeps you motivated to do so? and what sort of trust do you have in cryptocurrencies?

Investors like us are into predictions and discussions, but are we close to accuracy?

Discuss Smiley
If the profit loss gives the idea to other people to let go and sell due to panic of losing even more, in my case, it is what inspires me to hold. As an investor I won't ever allow to lose on my investments and if it means waiting for years until recovery happen, I will because it would really be worthy of waiting given that dumps are not permanent at any crypto .

market-beta

Activity: 392
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:52:54 PM

because I see the prices of bitcoin and altcoin are falling sharply. therefore I always think that holding both bitcoin or altcoin is the right action and good bro. to get big profits
JCO05

Activity: 429

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 10:55:56 PM

Maybe it is the scenario last year which keeps me eager to hold my tokens despite of how bad the market be. Same thing happened last year wherein dumps occured which made people to panic but eventually, bull run took place wherein the market value of most cryptos have gone skyrocket. Therefore, I am currently waiting for the same scenario to happen.

catapult

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:03:43 PM

Discuss Smiley

I believe that the world of crypto is rising its popularity each day, in spite of the bad prices. I feel great about the future of the crypto, and I can clearly say that this is my motivation.
HashieNewb

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:08:23 PM

First of all I have to hold the coins because I believe into the future perspective development of the project.
I join many airdrops,I like to have the coins held before the project announces that their airdrop campaigns are over.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:16:06 PM

Discuss Smiley

I think what is keeping us holding our cryptocurrency is the hope that cryptocurrency has a great future, the cryptocurrency blockchain has come to stay, the whole world is adopting cryptocurrency in their economy for positive development.
bbcolex

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:18:23 PM

I dont have any choice but to hodl at this current market situation , had to fight for what I invest for. I dont want to sell at loss and trying my patience not to think negatively and sell.
iwah

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

TREEBLOCK.io

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:19:48 PM

I am motivated to hodl because i have seen a lot of investment coming into the crypto space on daily basis, I have seen countries, big tech brands, moving towards crypto currency and that shows that there is a great future in the space for those people to be making such an investment.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:20:04 PM

Discuss Smiley
Actually, we really don't have any other better option. Selling will more likely to result on huge profit loss which is obviously a bad thing. And since recovery has a possibility to occur we should better wait no matter how lomg it would take because the time that we will be spending on waiting for the increase would be surely wortht it once bull run occur. This should be an enough reason to be motivated to hold.

btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:29:40 PM

Discuss Smiley
Actually, we really don't have any other better option. Selling will more likely to result on huge profit loss which is obviously a bad thing. And since recovery has a possibility to occur we should better wait no matter how lomg it would take because the time that we will be spending on waiting for the increase would be surely wortht it once bull run occur. This should be an enough reason to be motivated to hold.
There is a little motivation on our part though. The motivation is that we are holding the coins till the price gets exceptional.
yulionoo

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:31:20 PM

in my opinion there are several factors that cause a person to survive. one of them might be because they will experience a loss if they make a sale, because they buy at high prices. so people don't want to suffer losses, and they have a strategy to survive until the price returns at the starting point he buys. maybe someone who survives, because they speculate that the price will definitely recover in the future. they want big profits. or maybe someone who survives, because they have no time to do daily trading, and they think it is more convenient to survive without doing any transactions, what they do is invest for a long time. so in my opinion, the motivation of people who survive because they feel what they are doing is beneficial for themselves.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
surgexvb

Activity: 445

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:32:13 PM

Projects that have a development plan, and also realize ideas in reality, as well as a strong team that has a good attitude and contact with the community.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
rdtt13

Activity: 186
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:32:44 PM

Discuss Smiley

There are some speculation states that the profits are big when you do some holding especially if your coin has a good potential although day trading is also good but it requires some good knowledge in order to be successful in that strategy .

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
mikkev01

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:38:34 PM

Bitcoin has motivated me to stay holding because I can have my control over the currency. Also it is secured. I liked the idea of holding and this the only way you can have a sure profit.
Nariza

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:46:17 PM

I hodl my coins because of hope that someday the price of all cryptocurrency will rise. You should to believe it to achieve your goal. Some projects that has no value for now.. There's a tendency to have a value in the future. All you need to do is hodl.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 11:57:16 PM

The collective market cap of all cryptocurrencies has plunged to $186 billion on Wednesday — its lowest level this year, and the lowest it's been since Novermber 2017.  It's a long, painful drop for the crypto market from its January peak of $831 billion, and while everything's possible in crypto, currently there's no end in sight. The reasons behind the decline in price haven't changed much since last week: Institutional investors, banks and regulators are still wary of cryptocurrencies, perhaps increasingly so in recent months. And numerous startups that raised a lot of money through an ICO (initial coin offering) on the Ethereum platform, are now selling it for fiat money, which creates a selling pressure on the price. But for all bad news normally comes to an end. You will see big recovery of the market very soon
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: