Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:46:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAS BITCOIN REALLY STOOD THE TEST OF TIME?  (Read 1692 times)
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 03:58:21 PM

For many years, there are has been several misconceptions and negative speculations surrounding the world of crypto, you might have noticed that bitcoin always come up top despite these negative speculations.
The year 2018 has not been different, bitcoin has endured up to this time. There are has been several ups and downs especially concerning the price. The changes in the price were largely caused by negative news such as those in the media circles. In spite of all these problems, bitcoin has seen the light of day as the  biggest digital currency in the world. As the year enters the third quarter, all crypto enthusiasts can only hope for the best.
I think what you mean on the first line was FUD and of course the never ending battle of emotions. That is why there is uptrend and downtrend because of that thing. But when it comes to stand over the test of time I think yes but the fact is that we are still in the early days and expect a lpt of things that could have happen with Bitcoin in the near future. As long as the community has strong belief and support to it then Bitcoin will still be the king.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:06:04 PM

what you are calling "negative speculation" has in fact been FUD, misinformation and basically bullshit being spread by mainly those who wanted to  buy bitcoin cheaper or short bitcoin while it was going down. otherwise the downtrend has been natural to some point.
also I disagree with saying it was "caused largely by negative news". based on what I have seen, negative news rarely causes a drop, they only intensify a drop. in other words if there were no drop in first place then the news couldn't create it.

The thing about news i noticed, they seem to be partially true. Major news appear when price is at a turning point, almost seems like the news drive the price further then the chart. That why is good to follow the information and pick it out of the trends, because is good to relate to something like the market sentiment imo.
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:25:44 PM

Bitcoin is a special coin and can be relied on to get a profit, both in the short and long term. But we must not forget that bitcoin is also risky and easy to change its value, so patience is needed and it can be called a test of time to gain a profit.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
brooklynian

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:37:20 PM

In my opinion, I think that bitcoin has stood the test of time and has remained firm despite all negative speculations. I doubt if there is any other cryptocurrency or, in fact, any nation's currency that could stand such attack without running into crises and require external support. If there is any more test to come, bitcoin will definitely overcome.
nealdlover

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:43:32 PM

For many years, there are has been several misconceptions and negative speculations surrounding the world of crypto, you might have noticed that bitcoin always come up top despite these negative speculations.
The year 2018 has not been different, bitcoin has endured up to this time. There are has been several ups and downs especially concerning the price. The changes in the price were largely caused by negative news such as those in the media circles. In spite of all these problems, bitcoin has seen the light of day as the  biggest digital currency in the world. As the year enters the third quarter, all crypto enthusiasts can only hope for the best.
I think bitcoin is showing signs of recovery although it may not be much but it will help to stabilize the market than before. We all look forward to a better future and if that perseveres then it will happen. No one can predict anything but with the benefits that btc brings, we can put hope on it.
mostkey

Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:29:23 PM

Bitcoin is the proof and the total existence for cryptocurrency in the market and the consideration for the investment as long-term purposes. However, this may indicate positive response on the sustenance of bitcoin towards the future since people were holding it. Thus, to assume, it would stood on the test of time while considering that it will still grow - volatility is 2 over 1. Two for an increase and 1 for decreased.
everything needs to have a process both in the experience of life or improvement of the economy, from the beginning of the emergence of bitcoin there are indeed some people who do not believe in this digital currency but with time can change the mind of everyone, the price that is very unexpected many people cause bitcoin's popularity and the legality of several countries that did not initially accept bitcoin could eventually accept it also by making a policy so that the government could take advantage of bitcoin users through taxation, given the nature of bitcoin that no one has the right to have it as an opportunity for people around the world to try to hang his fate in this digital currency
tanglong

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:55:15 PM

When Bitcoin is building on the blockchain platform, there are many who believe that it is not practical. However, after years of being creative, brave and offering clear value propositions, clear goals and clear overall branding and focus are the ingredients to become timeless.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:14:06 PM

Nothing can be said as of now. Be that as it may, truly, Bitcoin needed to finish through numerous tests to result in these present circumstances position. It needed to confront many good and bad times. In any case, it's cost is somewhat steady at the present time. I trust it will before long recuperate back its past position in the market.
phelbaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 06:17:52 PM

it has gone through a lot of text of the time we can also see that at crypto market,it is also filled up with so many other bitcoin but as the father of of all cryptocurrency it stands to stay no matter what comes it way
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:25:57 PM

I will say it has, rising from nothing in the last few years to become one of the tenth currency in the world isn't a small feat.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
kakoli akter jhumu

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:45:14 PM

See,This year seems gonna happen like last year.As like previous year,bitcoin price suddenly began to raise in third quarter of the year then we thought it will record high price and will remain same....that didn't happen and it's obvious,cause bitcoin price ups and downs is must!!
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 08:21:05 PM

Cryptocurrency has been around for barely a decade, we are nowhere near close to even seeing Bitcoin be tested. Compared to most industries, blockchain and cryptocurrency are practically brand new, and still have a lot of growth ahead of them. There will be difficult times ahead for sure, but until Bitcoin is really tested, we can't see how strong it really is.
salimRonn123

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:09:27 AM

Although climbing against electronic money has already existed and will continue to be the preferred electronic money and market leader. Since it started in 2009, it has passed a lot of events, ups and downs but still, it is still standing. Bitcoin is a special currency and can be based on to make a profit, both in the short and long term.
RockerNun

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 03:18:29 AM

Although climbing against electronic money has already existed and will continue to be the preferred electronic money and market leader. Since it started in 2009, it has passed a lot of events, ups and downs but still, it is still standing. Bitcoin is a special currency and can be based on to make a profit, both in the short and long term.
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:07:41 AM

It probably have since it's almost a decade old. And for the last almost a decade the environment/community has become skeptic, doubtful, and even hostile towards this new system at some point. But Bitcoin is still alive and kickin! Despite of numerous controversies, demand is still increasing. But I am sure that BTC will still be facing countless trials in the coming years. It's inevitable, but it's all part of the process.

Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:42:49 AM

Yes I think it has stood it time to test and right now it's still standing it time to test. If we should take a good look at what is happening now, bitcoin price corrections, trying to find thr hard and hurdles time. Yes I will say it has stood it time to test and it's again standing to the test.
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:46:59 AM

Bitcoin overcame the test of time, it faced many kind of challenges in and outside of the digital world including those ones that act as a nostradamus of the digital world who predict its death everytime its price goes down. The leading cryptocurrency will continue to face many tests in the years ahead but I believe on its ability to recover even after a steep price fall. Future demands for bitcoin are still promising and investors, both old and new, will continue to buy this popular coin because it is more profitable and reliable investment in the cryptocurrency market.
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:17:13 AM

Bitcoin has already proven so much. There are so many huge dips and bloodbath that happened in the crypto market but bitcoin still remained strong and tried to recover. Now that we are approaching to Q4 of this year, hoping that we can see more good performance of bitcoin's value in the market just like what happened last year. I know it's vague that history will repeat itself but its very much possible.

Bitcoin is a survivor, it regain the market status from beaten after beaten in the Crypto Currency World, it is the most stable Crypto in the market as listed, the fundamentals is good, market structures are clear for the possible investors to look into, it may have some ups and down on the market price value but still maintained the number one status on the treed.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 07:29:59 AM

Despite all the problems in the market, Bitcoin is still as strong as ever, despite the suppression and price squeeze we are enduring now. The only downside is that Bitcoin Futures and exchanges that have leverage like Bitfinex have destroyed the price because it enables mostly shorters to win in this market and push the price down of Bitcoin, even enabling traders to make huge profits and influence the price without even owning a single Bitcoin. Bitcoin has stood the test of time but now it is being pushed down by these financial instruments that have wrecked the price and fortunes of many.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
tee-rex

Merit: 526

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 09:45:40 AM

Despite all the problems in the market, Bitcoin is still as strong as ever, despite the suppression and price squeeze we are enduring now. The only downside is that Bitcoin Futures and exchanges that have leverage like Bitfinex have destroyed the price because it enables mostly shorters to win in this market and push the price down of Bitcoin, even enabling traders to make huge profits and influence the price without even owning a single Bitcoin. Bitcoin has stood the test of time but now it is being pushed down by these financial instruments that have wrecked the price and fortunes of many.

I don't see how shorting can damage the market if that is your point. If we look at how Bitfinex margin trading works, and I'm inclined to think that it works in pretty much the same way everywhere, it is definitely not like "it enables shorters to win in this market  <...> and influence the price without even owning a single Bitcoin". When you are shorting, you really don't have bitcoins but someone else does from whom you borrow them, so it is very different from your view or the impression you are trying to make. In essence, you tell only half the truth and make it look like you can sell bitcoins which don't exist, ever. Obviously, it is not so, as you are selling borrowed bitcoins but these bitcoins are real even if they belong to someone else.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: