Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: unconfirmed txn in blockchain vs 371 confirmations in armory [SOLVED]  (Read 932 times)
duchresidences (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:37:34 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 11:13:53 PM by duchresidences

Tried searching for an answer to this without success - Armory shows incoming transaction having 371 confirmations while blockchain shows transaction still as unconfirmed after 2 days. am i reading this wrongly? appreciate any help, inputs

https://blockchain.info/address/12vjsMhC7MFyWddenGb7WCc6cEJjdagLg1

http://s17.postimg.org/sbt6ylbfz/armory.jpg
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:06:29 AM

I suspect this is actually an issue with blockchain.info:

(1) blockr.io shows it with 375 confirmations
(2) biteasy.com also shows 375 confirmations
(3) There's no reason for such a large transaction with a sufficient fee, to not have been mined after 2 days

Maybe blockchain.info is on a fork?  Or simply, their software is misbehaving?  Either way, it seems like Armory is correct Smiley

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
duchresidences (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:59:29 AM

I suspect this is actually an issue with blockchain.info:

(1) blockr.io shows it with 375 confirmations
(2) biteasy.com also shows 375 confirmations
(3) There's no reason for such a large transaction with a sufficient fee, to not have been mined after 2 days

Maybe blockchain.info is on a fork?  Or simply, their software is misbehaving?  Either way, it seems like Armory is correct Smiley

Thanks etotheipi for the speedy response. At least my own understanding of this is still ok.

If blockchain.info is incorrect or on a fork, whats the implications if i start spending these coins immediately? How do i know for sure subsequent transactions from this address will not have any issues under either blockchain.info or actual blockchain itself?
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 03:26:07 AM

Thanks etotheipi for the speedy response. At least my own understanding of this is still ok.

If blockchain.info is incorrect or on a fork, whats the implications if i start spending these coins immediately? How do i know for sure subsequent transactions from this address will not have any issues under either blockchain.info or actual blockchain itself?

I just submitted a ticket to the blockchain.info support desk.  I also confirmed with gmaxwell that he sees the transaction confirmed on his blockchain, as well.  Definitely a BC.i problem.

Ultimately, this doesn't mean anything -- BC.i is not "bitcoin"... they are just run a service that lets you browse the network easily, but their window seems to be a bit foggy.  It seems that everyone else has a better view of the network than they do.

The implications are simply that anyone using blockchain.info to verify payments, etc, will not agree with you.  It seems you may have to wait for BC.i to figure out what happened, and if that's a problem, point the other party to non-BC.i websites (or their own desktop wallet) that shows the transaction is actually confirmed.  I'm not sure how they can be out of sync for long... maybe it's a DB problem?  Maybe they'll fix it soon.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:24:05 AM

Ultimately, this doesn't mean anything -- BC.i is not "bitcoin"... they are just run a service that lets you browse the network easily, but their window seems to be a bit foggy.  It seems that everyone else has a better view of the network than they do.

I have a BC.i wallet.  Unfortunately, it is not at all uncommon for them to lose contact with the rest of the network. 
duchresidences (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:23:40 AM

I just submitted a ticket to the blockchain.info support desk.  I also confirmed with gmaxwell that he sees the transaction confirmed on his blockchain, as well.  Definitely a BC.i problem.

etotheipi, thanks for this. Rather than opening multiple enquiry tickets with blockchain.info, appreciate if you could share any response back from them on this issue subsequently. Thanks

duchresidences (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:32:00 AM

I have a BC.i wallet.  Unfortunately, it is not at all uncommon for them to lose contact with the rest of the network. 

The tendenacy for most (or at least me earlier) is to assume blockchain.info to be the definitive window to the blockchain. It could in fact be falliable like any other app tool out there. Lets see ...
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:38:34 PM

Ultimately, this doesn't mean anything -- BC.i is not "bitcoin"... they are just run a service that lets you browse the network easily, but their window seems to be a bit foggy.  It seems that everyone else has a better view of the network than they do.

I have a BC.i wallet.  Unfortunately, it is not at all uncommon for them to lose contact with the rest of the network.  

As someone who runs a few services that automate bitcoin related things, I also have this issue, so far five people have contacted me about my service not recognizing their payment, four have used blockchain.info (Last one using Coinbase, and, coinbase was just delaying to combine multiple withdraws together).

Granted, it's normally auto-solved after two or three blocks once Blockchain rebroadcasts their user's transactions that aren't confirmed yet.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
duchresidences (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:17:05 AM

Til today i.e. T+4, blockchain.info is still reflecting this 4.7 btc as unconfirmed.  (https://blockchain.info/address/12vjsMhC7MFyWddenGb7WCc6cEJjdagLg1)

Bitstamp who performed the transfer is 'taichi-ing' to say Bitcoin transactions confirmation is dependent on the "Bitcoin Network" and since they have send the BTC bitcoin network is now in control of them and that we should contact them and ask them for assistance.

wonder if i should just transfer everything from this address into another address to see how goes. however my best guess is blockchain.info will reflect this new transaction as unconfirmed as well .....
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:32:43 AM

Til today i.e. T+4, blockchain.info is still reflecting this 4.7 btc as unconfirmed.  (https://blockchain.info/address/12vjsMhC7MFyWddenGb7WCc6cEJjdagLg1)

Bitstamp who performed the transfer is 'taichi-ing' to say Bitcoin transactions confirmation is dependent on the "Bitcoin Network" and since they have send the BTC bitcoin network is now in control of them and that we should contact them and ask them for assistance.

wonder if i should just transfer everything from this address into another address to see how goes. however my best guess is blockchain.info will reflect this new transaction as unconfirmed as well .....

That tx is confirmed with 743 confirmations (at present).  blockchain.info is broken it seems. 
http://blockr.io/tx/info/9b0c8d25d31626cabdd4e5dd6587fb592d67d0d5fd5a85974a9096ef0a99e717

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
duchresidences (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:23:10 PM

That tx is confirmed with 743 confirmations (at present).  blockchain.info is broken it seems. 
http://blockr.io/tx/info/9b0c8d25d31626cabdd4e5dd6587fb592d67d0d5fd5a85974a9096ef0a99e717

Spin - thanks. yes seems to imply so....
picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

Just ignore it.  blockchain.info seems to be broken, that has no relevance for your transaction.  Blockchain.info is just one of many tools that allows you to examine the state of the "real" bitcoin block chain, and this particular tools seems to have a bug.
duchresidences (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:00:13 PM

Just ignore it.  blockchain.info seems to be broken, that has no relevance for your transaction.  Blockchain.info is just one of many tools that allows you to examine the state of the "real" bitcoin block chain, and this particular tools seems to have a bug.

yes, think enough time spent on this issue, and blockchain.info helpdesk has not responded with any inputs. besides, looks like other addresses subsequent spends have received confirmations as well. so will just move on. thanks for your post picobit
duchresidences (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:13:19 PM

ok,  blockchain.info has fixed the issue it seems and the transaction reflects confirmation. Finally! after a week
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: