Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:53:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The True Value of Auroracoin  (Read 21079 times)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:09:33 PM

In this thread: Butthurt people that lost the Auroracoin train.

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:12:13 PM

As kennitala (personal identification) is publicly available in Iceland it will take more than submitting this reference to claim your free coins. I really can't grasp how the developers can achieve this. Are they going to accept any IP address from that region that submits a valid kennitala? If so, I will be booking a flight to Iceland soon and will be rich.

I also wonder this, does anyone know? How does the dev guarantee, using a public database, someone is really who they say they are?

They don't care because it is a SCAM!

MAZA is WORSE!

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:13:16 PM

I rode the BITCOIN train.  Not worried about the couple thousand of these in circulation that were mega pumped.  Unless you are a scammer you missed the "train" - are you one of the fraudsters?

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:17:55 PM

I rode the BITCOIN train.  Not worried about the couple thousand of these in circulation that were mega pumped.  Unless you are a scammer you missed the "train" - are you one of the fraudsters?

No, I early minned. You can still get on the train, the dump will happen like 2 days before the airdrop, most likely is just going to go up until then due hype factor. Thats what logic says.

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:37:49 PM

some retarded people here

some people ignorant of trading.

A. it being illegal and little announcements doesnt make it a scam.

BTC isnt legal or is semi not legal in many places it is traded.

B. yeah he can dump the premine and sure he is suffering from temptation as we speak.

c. nearly anyone with any intelligence at all who got into this, UNDERSTANDS THE FACT OF THE PREMINE.

it isnt some sort of magical discovery that OMG 50%  premine means the actual SUPPLY IS MUCH LARGER.

fucking duh.

same thing with coin halfing.. "OMG THE BLOCK REWARD IS GOING TO HALF NEXT WEEK.. BUT IN WE WILL ALL BE RICH"

no .. the people who know what they are doing, bought in on the idea of the halving months before it happened. You position yourself early in the markets for things that can be predicted way in advance.

If you got into this without understanding the premine, that is your own idiocy.

and mind you there is a reason why a coin with a 50% premine magically got on cryptsy.. people actually want to see this work, because it it does it will have a ripple effect across the entire alt coin markets because this is what we advertise as one of the best reasons to have alt coins, removing some monetary controls from the big banks and governments. Cryptsy hates major premine coins for the same reasons people list.. but they are HOPING this will work out as advertised because this shit is big.

as for the air drop causing the price to drop... its only one pressure.. your assuming the buying pressures dont increase as well. I personally think it will go down because a good bit of the price is due to the pumpers and i do have questions and concerns over the drop.... but i will say again, there is a good reason why this is all over the exchanges right now despite the premine.

mooo for rent
V8x8d

Activity: 212
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:03:36 PM

No, I early minned. You can still get on the train, the dump will happen like 2 days before the airdrop, most likely is just going to go up until then due hype factor. Thats what logic says.

You would say that as you have coins to shift (not that I blame you though).
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:58:16 PM

Airdrop = Forfeiture of Identification for "virtual currency"

1000 people or less will be inquiring about their "right" to their fair share.

Aurora coin-- next big thing since ORB

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:06:16 PM

Airdrop = Forfeiture of Identification for "virtual currency"

1000 people or less will be inquiring about their "right" to their fair share.

Aurora coin-- next big thing since ORB

humm besides giving free aurora coins to icelanders.. will they actually be able to spend them?? like shops or services? or is it all about speculating?? Grin
PoolMinor
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338

XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:25:16 PM

It is unfortunate that there are too many people with too much money and not enough common sense to realize when the wool has been pulled over their eyes. When someone reports a calculation of a pre-mine they do it against some far unreachable number that lies in the future only after the coin has been successful for 20+ years or its full capacity of mined coins.

The bottom line of any of these currencies is to trade them as a store of value, an alternative to fiat. The problem is though, with ALL crypto-currency, they must be traded against another form of fiat or they don't actually hold any value. If we eliminate all other forms of fiat we will succumb to a one world currency, is this what we really want?

Btc=C2MF       Free BTC Poker
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent. -Marilyn vos Savant
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:52:48 PM

The idea that you can create a new national currency with a huge market cap and give it for free to all citizens without the approval of the government is preposterous. It's basically a sabotage, a bribery. The only way that they could have got away with this if there was 100% premine and all coins given away for free when the market cap is $0.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:56:51 PM

The idea that you can create a new national currency with a huge market cap and give it for free to all citizens without the approval of the government is preposterous. It's basically a sabotage, a bribery. The only way that they could have got away with this if there was 100% premine and all coins given away for free when the market cap is $0.

Bribery for what??? And why do you need the governments approval to give something away???

I don't really think this will work but your arguments make no sense

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
vlight

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:11:05 AM

Bribery for what??? And why do you need the governments approval to give something away???

I don't really think this will work but your arguments make no sense

Auroracoin is designed to break the shackles of the fiat currency financial system in Iceland.

Auroracoin is an opportunity for Icelanders to free themselves from currency controls and government debasement of the currency.

It's not 'something', it's new national currency which already has high value. Sure, the government will approve this.  Wink
pandaisftw (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:15:53 AM

B. yeah he can dump the premine and sure he is suffering from temptation as we speak.

c. nearly anyone with any intelligence at all who got into this, UNDERSTANDS THE FACT OF THE PREMINE.

it isnt some sort of magical discovery that OMG 50%  premine means the actual SUPPLY IS MUCH LARGER.

fucking duh.

same thing with coin halfing.. "OMG THE BLOCK REWARD IS GOING TO HALF NEXT WEEK.. BUT IN WE WILL ALL BE RICH"

no .. the people who know what they are doing, bought in on the idea of the halving months before it happened. You position yourself early in the markets for things that can be predicted way in advance.

If you got into this without understanding the premine, that is your own idiocy.

and mind you there is a reason why a coin with a 50% premine magically got on cryptsy.. people actually want to see this work, because it it does it will have a ripple effect across the entire alt coin markets because this is what we advertise as one of the best reasons to have alt coins, removing some monetary controls from the big banks and governments. Cryptsy hates major premine coins for the same reasons people list.. but they are HOPING this will work out as advertised because this shit is big.

as for the air drop causing the price to drop... its only one pressure.. your assuming the buying pressures dont increase as well. I personally think it will go down because a good bit of the price is due to the pumpers and i do have questions and concerns over the drop.... but i will say again, there is a good reason why this is all over the exchanges right now despite the premine.

That sell pressure is pretty damned large. There are 100k coins in circulation, what do you think will happen when 10.5mil pops into existence? That's like Satoshi popping up and saying "whoops, the real limit is 21,000,000,000 Bitcoins". Also, why would the buy pressure increase at all? Everyone in Iceland is getting free coins, why would they buy more (at least directly after the airdrop?)

Btw everyone, I'm not commenting on whether this is a good idea or not (the motive behind it may be! But execution... not so much), my original topic was aimed purely at the aspect that one person currently holds 99% of the coins and that when the airdrop happens, the supply will inflate by 10000% over a one year period.

Also, it seems that pump and dumpers have found their dream pump coin. They put in enough to raise the true value by $1mil and the marketcap goes up by $100 mil.

NXT: 13095091276527367030
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:58:59 AM

fucking duh.

Bumping this. Speaks volumes, thank you.
Legendary

Activity: 1623
Merit: 1067

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:45:47 AM

Shameless plug, I just came up with an airdrop scam way better (& executable) than Auroracoin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=501381
What do u think?

c3ntrx

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 08:14:05 AM

As kennitala (personal identification) is publicly available in Iceland it will take more than submitting this reference to claim your free coins. I really can't grasp how the developers can achieve this. Are they going to accept any IP address from that region that submits a valid kennitala? If so, I will be booking a flight to Iceland soon and will be rich.

I also wonder this, does anyone know? How does the dev guarantee, using a public database, someone is really who they say they are?

They don't care because it is a SCAM!

MAZA is WORSE!

I met the developer for MAZA last night. Yes he was a real Indian. He spoke at Bitcoin Center New York City. Later he sold me a paper wallet of 10,000 coins for $100 cash. Having a hard time transferring the keys to my linux QT wallet he wrote me the next day and I sent him my address and he sent me what was then worth $1000 (cuz it jumped 10x overnight)

Not everyone is in this to scam people. Some of us actually are trying to change the world. If you cant afford the game or cant afford losing once in a while you shouldnt play. Whether or not Aurora is a scam I cannot say. I would like to know as well but in the meantime I choose to play.
hughjays77

Activity: 728
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:05:14 AM

AUR will peak on March 23rd at 0.99 Bitcoin. Mark my words  Cool
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:29:10 AM

where do you go if you want to short AuroraCoin?
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:29:29 AM

marked
JulianSS

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:51:11 AM

No way. It will prolly be dumped short b4.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: