Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:52:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why you shouldn't buy Hashfasts new "up to 800GH/s" "product"  (Read 11576 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 11:51:39 PM

You should find someone to spearhead this who isn't biased against other reputable people...

Says the guy who got free hardware from both BFL and Hashfast
You need to check your dictionary for the definition of "free".

Are you saying you wouldn't have incorporated the new ASIC hardware on your own, for nothing?  
That's irrelevant.
You're also assuming I didn't pay for it...

So you haven't received any developer (or otherwise) hardware that you did not specifically pay for in cash dollars or Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:55:54 AM

You should find someone to spearhead this who isn't biased against other reputable people...

Are you saying you wouldn't have incorporated the new ASIC hardware on your own, for nothing?  
That's irrelevant.
You're also assuming I didn't pay for it...

So you haven't received any developer (or otherwise) hardware that you did not specifically pay for in cash dollars or Bitcoin?

I don't know you from Adam but your original comment was not only childishly rude, but made no sense. He was suggesting impartial leadership for the group. If you are just looking be an ass find a new thread. You obviously feel threatened by Luke Jr or you are really jealous. Neither of which is taken up in the OP.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:31:58 AM

bump for awareness.... no1 should feed these low life scammers.
Groc

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

Bounty manager (https://t.me/Gudwinn)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:16:23 AM

Hashfast has a terrible reputation
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:51:47 AM

Yes, he did incorporate support for the NanoFury for nothing... unless you consider the 2 units that I sent to Luke so that he test and develop with them as a payment - they probably made $50 in their entire life

p.s. a required clarification - it is almost impossible to add support for a given hardware/device/asic/etc without having the actual hardware to test with. So in my opinion those are required development tools.

dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:00:24 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 06:27:30 AM by dropt

I don't know you from Adam but your original comment was not only childishly rude, but made no sense. He was suggesting impartial leadership for the group. If you are just looking be an ass find a new thread. You obviously feel threatened by Luke Jr or you are really jealous. Neither of which is taken up in the OP.

Oh you have an opinion do you?  That's great, really.  There's such a lack of people with opinions around here that I've been longing for someone to show up with one.

I would also suggest impartial leadership and Bicknellski isnt impartial. That doesnt change the irony of Luke's statement. If, in your view I "obviously feel threatened by Luke Jr", then in mine you're obviously an idiot.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:06:37 AM

So BFL did not pay for your trip to their facility and later gave you their first ASIC, trying to pass it off as if they "started shipping" (where have we seen that too in December 2013 from another bunch of scammers?). And didn't that shipped machine turn out to be still at the BFL labs while you were hacking on it remotely?

So yes, if you sacrifice your own reputation to get into bed with lowlifes like BFL and Hashfast, the comes at a cost and that is not "free" you are right.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:07:34 AM

Yes, he did incorporate support for the NanoFury for nothing... unless you consider the 2 units that I sent to Luke so that he test and develop with them as a payment - they probably made $50 in their entire life

p.s. a required clarification - it is almost impossible to add support for a given hardware/device/asic/etc without having the actual hardware to test with. So in my opinion those are required development tools.

Thanks for the response, I do appreciate it.  I'm well versed on the limitations of trying to support hardware without access to the iron itself.  My questions were more to the point of whether Luke had actually received free hardware that he considered paid for by his efforts in adding support to BFGMiner.  I then went on to isolate the validity of that concept by asking if he would have supported the device for free.

My comments may have come off as rude or abrupt, however Luke Jr isn't exactly a shining star when it comes to his history in Cryptoland.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:56:55 PM

Cross posting from the official CrashFast 800G thread to hedge against deletion:

If I had any BTC, I would bet Hashfast-CL is Icebreaker, but I'd want 2:1 odds.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 06:21:39 PM

Cross posting from the official CrashFast 800G thread to hedge against deletion:

You would win that bet. Ralph does love his job it seems.
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:26:22 AM

It seems HashFast_CL had to go home early to mom today and decided to lock the thread at

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=493435.msg5741703#msg5741703

Quote from: HashFast_CL
HashFast is working as hard as possible to build and deliver upgrade kits and MPP as fast as possible.

Our engineers and production staff work around the clock.  The idea we're resting on our laurels, or mining with customer equipment, or whatever the latest baseless FUD rumor (tropical island/hammock/mai tai) the forum dreams up, is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but that statement is total bullshit and you know it. What the fuck have you been doing for the last 6 weeks? No equipment has been shipping, no replacement BBJet units for RMA cases. No MPP for the BBJets. No Upgrade kits, except for 1 or 2 units. No Sierra units. No MPP for the Sierra units.

It's not rocket science... the chips are here and they work. The PCB has been finalized and can be produced in a few days time. You have a supplier of power supplies it seems, exclusively. CIARA can slap together over 500 units a day you claim, give or take a few loose screws in their cases.

With these facts, you should be pumping out hundreds of units every day and ship them world wide

How come nobody is getting the equipment they paid for in September 2013? What is holding you back? Seriously? How long do you think you can keep this up?

Who in their right mind will be so stupid to ever order again from HashFast with the above facts? They will be pouring their BTC into a black hole when placing an order.

Quote from: HashFast_CL

The HashFast Derangement Syndrome, where the haters spew endless negativity no matter what we do, is getting old.

If you want to talk about haters, trust me, I'm a big hater. You took my preorder BTC and did a runner with it. You have not delivered anything, except a few hundred BBJet units.

The "no matter what you do" part is funny, as you are not doing anything. You are not shipping. You are not delivering. You are not responding to support email requests. You are not responding to support phone calls. You are not responding to refund requests.

So yes, please enlighten us, other than posting about new vapourware products you are trying to pre-sell, what are you doing?
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:40:07 AM

(Reposting here after HF_CL deleted my post ...as usual... on the 800GH/s thread):

what I should be doing is perusing criminal charges. Your theft is not just a civil matter at this point
A 105% refund is not "nothing" no matter how much you prefer a 600% windfall.
No court is going to ignore the fact you refused a refund in legal tender.
You are only attempting to pay 105% because that is still pennies compared to what your customers paid you, and you know it, so you can offer 105, 120, 150%, it doesnt matter, none of it is equal to what they paid you.

As mentioned by others previously, that 'refund' was basically hush money that came with some strings attached:

Release. Buyer hereby fully, forever, irrevocably and unconditionally releases, remises and discharges HashFast Technologies LLC from any and all actions, claims, charges, complaints, demands, causes of action, suits, rights, debts, sums of money, costs, accounts, reckonings, covenants, contracts, agreements, promises, doings, omissions, damages, executions, obligations, liabilities, damages, injuries, consequences, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs), of every kind and nature which Buyer ever had or now has against the Released Parties (the “Claims”).

Non-Disparagement. Buyer agrees that Buyer shall disparage, libel, or criticize the Company or publish any statement concerning the other that this is critical. Buyer likewise shall keep confidential the fact of the settlement, the terms of this Agreement, and the fact and amount of the consideration paid or to be paid hereunder and shall not release or disseminate any information concerning such matters or the terms hereof to any third party without the express written consent of the other parties

http://hashfast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Batch-1-Refund-and-Release-Hashfast-Technologies-FINAL.pdf

Accepting this would not only have been a very bad deal, it would have made me complicit as I would be unable to warn new customers walking into this trap.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:47:55 AM

Non-Disparagement. Buyer agrees that Buyer shall disparage, libel, or criticize the Company or publish any statement concerning the other that this is critical.
Does that seriously read "buyer shall" rather than "buyer shall not"?  Sounds like a pretty weird thing to have people agree to; "You will badmouth our company, or else!"
( The entire sentence is a bit Engrish )

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:36:41 AM

The "no matter what you do" part is funny, as you are not doing anything. You are not shipping. You are not delivering. You are not responding to support email requests. You are not responding to support phone calls. You are not responding to refund requests.
Their lawyers are taking time.
This is what they are doing.

It looks like that two weeks to order a list of 6 arbitrators in order of preference is not enough for them. They need more (and something tells me that it's just the beginning).
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #qZutOyofyuwg7d9L

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:55:47 AM

Non-Disparagement. Buyer agrees that Buyer shall disparage, libel, or criticize the Company or publish any statement concerning the other that this is critical.
Does that seriously read "buyer shall" rather than "buyer shall not"?  Sounds like a pretty weird thing to have people agree to; "You will badmouth our company, or else!"
( The entire sentence is a bit Engrish )

They took too much of the dope they got in November 2013 (silver box, damaged).

Since then they are tripping so hard (see deranged grimace), that they are not able to do the simplest things right.

Hence the clusterfuck.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:58:15 AM

Sure, he is holding several petahashes in his hand.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #kSS2HGUEsiKL3eEe

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:16:59 PM

Their lawyers are taking time.
This is what they are doing.

It looks like that two weeks to order a list of 6 arbitrators in order of preference is not enough for them. They need more (and something tells me that it's just the beginning).
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #qZutOyofyuwg7d9L

I did not ask for lawyers. I only ask to get my orders delivered

They can't even get this simplest of things done right.

Imagine if you bring in the lawyers... how long is that going to take?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:17:51 PM

Screwing them legally is always better than being screwed by their actions.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #eA8fN08Dr07SJnL5

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:36:23 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 08:33:01 PM by TooDumbForBitcoin

Good thing I hedged - my original post about Icebreaker was deleted from the "official" Crashfast-800 thread yesterday.

Circumstantial evidence?

It's kind of sad if true.  Icebreaker used to be a Top Ten master-troll before he got strung out on Crashfast - effective and entertaining.  Now he's just a paid shill.  I wonder how those guys at Crashfast pay him - BTC, chips, or "freebies"?   (And I don't mean free mining rigs)

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:18:35 PM

Now he's just a paid shill.  I wonder how those guys at Crashfast pay him - BTC, chips, or "freebies"?
Most likely with false promises.

The only company in the world selling mining equipment that really hashes at 2TH/s is HashFast (hence our name).
This may be true, selling, but what about delivering? Anything? My Cointerra order, paid in November, arrived last week and hashes away happily since then. I still wait for HashLast products (hence the name).
You sound different since you're back. Are you IceDrill? Did they offer you faster delivery for some propaganda? Don't trust them, they tricked you before.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: