Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:51:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling out the Bitcoin Foundation Scam.  (Read 22508 times)
5flags

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:55:16 AM

This. Gavin used to be respectable. Not so much anymore.

That whole article is a childish and petulant rant.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:59:23 AM

Fortunately, they're about done with that so now they can focus on their Coinvoice service. I say fortunately because that means they've had time to help out two local merchants in Austin that got burned by BitPay. (Do you know how embarrassing it is to go around to local merchants convincing them to start accepting Bitcoin and pointing them at the most well-known Bitcoin payment processor just to have them run into existential problems like "not getting paid?")

A lot more documentation is needed re this. Please share.

So you've just argued TBF has no effective power, so then why give a fuck what they do?

I think you've just argued that no one can control Bitcoin right now and thus there is no way to make any more hard forks.

I have to say, i'm with you on that one. I couldn't give a flying fork what the bitcoin foundation do, they don't speak for me, nor will any members club who evolve in the future democratically elected, or not. Good riddance if they fade into obscurity, and if they don't, it makes not a blind bit of difference to me.

A fraud is a fraud is a fraud. You may be new here, don't know who I am, what I do, how Bitcoin works etc.

This doesn't mean anything changes, it just means you need to stfu.

That whole article is a childish and petulant rant.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:00:14 AM

A fraud is a fraud is a fraud. You may be new here, don't know who I am, what I do, how Bitcoin works etc.

PMT dear?

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:06:24 AM

So you've just argued TBF has no effective power, so then why give a fuck what they do?

I think you've just argued that no one can control Bitcoin right now and thus there is no way to make any more hard forks.

I have to say, i'm with you on that one. I couldn't give a flying fork what the bitcoin foundation do, they don't speak for me, nor will any members club who evolve in the future democratically elected, or not. Good riddance if they fade into obscurity, and if they don't, it makes not a blind bit of difference to me.

Am I mistaken or you the person who private messaged me in Spring of 2013 and tried to get me involved in some action? Aren't/weren't you running some kind Bitcoin options pool business? I had a warning from rpietila about you? Or am I confusing you with someone else? Apologies in advance if my vague memory is incorrect.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:08:23 AM

Fortunately, they're about done with that so now they can focus on their Coinvoice service. I say fortunately because that means they've had time to help out two local merchants in Austin that got burned by BitPay. (Do you know how embarrassing it is to go around to local merchants convincing them to start accepting Bitcoin and pointing them at the most well-known Bitcoin payment processor just to have them run into existential problems like "not getting paid?")

A lot more documentation is needed re this. Please share.
http://centraltexasgunworks.com/latest-news/bitcoin

A week after this press release went out, Central Texas Gun Works got dropped by BitPay and had to fight to get even the money they were owed released.

Their are now up and running on CoinVoice.

http://techzette.com/businesses-accepting-bitcoin-in-austin-texas/

La Canasta Market started to have problems not getting paid for some of their sales. Apparently a customer was using a Coinbase wallet and the transaction was not being broadcast before the 15 minute timer expired.

BitPay has some kind of procedure for the merchant to manually accept those payments, but it wasn't working and they weren't able to help him, blaming a snowstorm on the support delay.

A member of the local Meetup group, the one who first convinced the owner to accept Bitcoin in the first place, reimbursed him out of pocket. They'll be running on CoinVoice shortly as well.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:11:18 AM

You can reload the Bitpay page that says expired later then it will show it was paid.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Feri22

Activity: 748
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:12:30 AM

Alt coins are and will remain a play thing. These are decided by the people who matter, and the people who matter aren't either the derps vying for the spotlight "doing" altcoins nor the derps vying for the spotlight "doing" foundations, conferences, articles and assorted bullshit.
Ripple is the best alt-coin right now since it's based on other assets than itself (the users add the intrinsic value).

No it's not...
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:16:51 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 10:28:07 AM by justusranvier

You can reload the Bitpay page that says expired later then it will show it was paid.
The issue here is that you've got a grocery store owner who doesn't know anything about Bitcoin, except that he was told it would make his life easier, who's not a computer geek and isn't even completely fluent in English, discovering that he wasn't getting payed for every sale and BitPay couldn't tell him what was happening and how to fix it.

That's how you snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and poison the merchant adoption well.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:22:00 AM

No argument from me on that. I complained in the forum previously about how brain-dead Bitpay is on that issue.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:16:54 AM

PMT dear?

Just approximate quoting.

http://centraltexasgunworks.com/latest-news/bitcoin

A week after this press release went out, Central Texas Gun Works got dropped by BitPay and had to fight to get even the money they were owed released.

Their are now up and running on CoinVoice.

http://techzette.com/businesses-accepting-bitcoin-in-austin-texas/

La Canasta Market started to have problems not getting paid for some of their sales. Apparently a customer was using a Coinbase wallet and the transaction was not being broadcast before the 15 minute timer expired.

BitPay has some kind of procedure for the merchant to manually accept those payments, but it wasn't working and they weren't able to help him, blaming a snowstorm on the support delay.

A member of the local Meetup group, the one who first convinced the owner to accept Bitcoin in the first place, reimbursed him out of pocket. They'll be running on CoinVoice shortly as well.

Good to know.

snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

God I love that expression.

Am I mistaken or you the person who private messaged me in Spring of 2013 and tried to get me involved in some action? Aren't/weren't you running some kind Bitcoin options pool business? I had a warning from rpietila about you? Or am I confusing you with someone else? Apologies in advance if my vague memory is incorrect.

If you're the sort of guy getting warnings from the uppity tortilla, I would suspect anything could have happened. Well..."happened".

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:28:45 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 01:12:25 PM by r0ach

He easily does.  Same thing with Sunny King and proof of stake.  Since not even the developer himself really seems to understand how proof of stake works, and all the secondary or unintended consequences of each variable, few people have the authority to create a consensus to stop something if he wants it to happen.  Bitcoin is the same way.  It's easier to understand the general concepts of PoW, but there's still secondary or unintended consequences that make the "authority figures" divisible by a handful, or maybe even 1, especially when each change has to conform to future plans that aren't even known by all parties.

Listen nooblet, stop positing that if you've eaten cereal in the morning three times this past week this is "what's done in the morning". Some people fuck in the morning. For instance, your parents, which is how a cereal eating snotty brat like you even exists in the first place.

Is there any post that you don't sound like an angry psychopath?  Someone might mistake you for Anonymint, since you're both angry egomaniacs, but there's at least some substance in what he posts.  Ok, we get it, some fool at the Bitcoin foundation pocketed some money, just like the premine scammers in the altcoin forum.  Where do you and your unpaved road in Romania come into this picture again?  You're feigning moral outrage while basically being a complete dirt bag yourself.  

There's only one person that actually matters at that foundation.  He's going to do whatever his own free will is regardless of yours, and you'll be his hostage for the foreseeable future until Bitcoin is done being forked.  You can stop pretending like you have any power over the situation.  Since you're so morally outraged, I guess the only option would be to divorce yourself from Bitcoin entirely, then you can go on living a pious lifestyle as a normal Romanian school girl/boy/thing.

The rest of us will go on realizing this isn't a democracy.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:36:59 AM

derp

Yes, the forum is full of MPOE-PR wanna-bes. So what of it?

Old news anyway, MP said this was going to happen cca 2012.

cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:01:37 PM

I think its time for action i had enough, enough is enough. The foundation must be destroyed.

IF we for example setup a new bitcoin superfund, MP can possibly head this fund which will result in the creation of a new foundation with core values such as :

- rapid and ongoing bitcoin software development
- Focus on marketing and promotion of bitcoin
- Lobbying Governments
- Providing educational services for the public & business
- Transparency (financial accounts must be audited)

Would the community support such an idea/ would MP like to head such an initiative? (atleast until we can vote in a learship board ?)

i think it's time for action and would love to come together as a community.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:15:03 PM

The foundation is here to stay, as long as no substantial number of miners, users and investors have an aversion to them big enough to force them to disband. Deal with it.

As to why that is the case... well, let's just say, after reading that psychopathic, textbook Dunning–Kruger drivel by OP, I suddenly feel almost grateful for the contributions by the (mostly bland) people that seem to populate the foundation forum.

Mouthfoam away, OP.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:15:08 PM

I think its time for action i had enough, enough is enough. The foundation must be destroyed.

IF we for example setup a new bitcoin superfund, MP can possibly head this fund which will result in the creation of a new foundation with core values such as :

- rapid and ongoing bitcoin software development
- Focus on marketing and promotion of bitcoin
- Lobbying Governments
- Providing educational services for the public & business
- Transparency (financial accounts must be audited)

Would the community support such an idea/ would MP like to head such an initiative? (atleast until we can vote in a learship board ?)

i think it's time for action and would love to come together as a community.

The only worthwhile goal at the present time is specifying the bloody protocol already. Something that's been on the table for a long, long time, something the intellectually inept "Power Rangers" carefully avoided, under a plethora of excuses which all boil down to "we're too stupid to do it". Which is true, they are.

Time for some people with actual brains to get involved.

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:37:13 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 02:56:15 PM by desired_username

Then why don't you show how it should be done instead of creating this useless thread and arrogant posts?

would MP like to head such an initiative? (atleast until we can vote in a learship board ?)

Your attitude is appalling. Your post history (including the ones in this thread) shows lack of professionalism.

The last thing anyone would want is an arrogant romanian exchange owner and his sockpuppets "representing" bitcoin in any form.
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:42:24 PM

Then why don't you show how it should be done instead of creating this useless thread and arrogant posts?

the biggest mistake PR people make, invariably, is that they own up to being PR.  Cheesy

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:01:53 PM

Is there any post that you don't sound like an angry psychopath?  Someone might mistake you for Anonymint, since you're both angry egomaniacs, but there's at least some substance in what he posts.

Hey I took the sociopath test.

Egomaniac
A person whose ego exceeds both his intelligence and his capacity to see beyond his own personal interests.

The jury is still out on whether my capacity exceeds my statements and revelations thus far. I love when people underestimate me.

Rather I think what is going on is the hurt ego of others projecting onto my (nearly) always logically correct statements. Humbleness is admired and actions speak louder than words. But it seems it stirs up a hornets' nest to post unorthodox revelations. So one must expect to be labeled an egomaniac for telling a large group they are myopic. It is presumed it can't be true that one person would see so many things that a large group does not. I am actually surprised by it too, but now am coming to realize this is the normal state of affairs of life.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:44:46 PM

derp

You probably should spend more time reading MP. You basically just sound like a less clever/less well read/more copy-pasta version of him.

justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:55:11 PM

I haven't seen anyone point out that the Bitcoin Foundation pays Gavin's salary, so that he can focus on developing the Bitcoin protocol.
How much protocol development has happened in the last year?
Nobody ever did have an answer to this question, did they?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: