Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:49:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling out the Bitcoin Foundation Scam.  (Read 22514 times)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:43:19 AM

Problem is you did not raise any valid points, and from the manner in which you raised those invalid pseudopoints it became apparent there's no practical, cheap, or easy way to correct you. So...what's one to do.

What kind of absurd and intellectually dishonest answer is that?

I did raise a valid point, that for all your screeching about TBF you haven't actually got an alternative proposal. People would be far more likely to pay attention to the allegations you are making if you also have a viable alternative that they can get behind.

Shouting for the downfall of an existing system without being able to offer up anything to replace it is juvenile.

Besides which, how about you learn some fucking self-control with your shitty attitude and you might get somewhere with this, otherwise you're just a deranged psycho on the interwebz spouting off conspiracy theories and telling anyone who doesn't simply '+1' you that they're assholes and to fuck off.

You may have valid points to make but I can assure you that none of them are going to be heard above the noise of your disconcerting rage.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:28:57 AM

OK, that is what I thought.

I wonder how much of the volume reported at exchanges is real, and how much is just them trading with themselves to make themselves look more respectable? With all the shit that went down from MtGox, can we really trust the numbers they self-reported?

Indeed not. "We" now know Gox mostly traded with itself, and MP sez the price signal is pretty much RIP these days.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:20:05 AM

OK, that is what I thought.

I wonder how much of the volume reported at exchanges is real, and how much is just them trading with themselves to make themselves look more respectable? With all the shit that went down from MtGox, can we really trust the numbers they self-reported?

Indeed not. "We" now know Gox mostly traded with itself, and MP sez the price signal is pretty much RIP these days.

So the transactions to price growth ratio is even worse than we thought or was this all internal trades not on blockchain? The chart is in my archives at the Ponzi thread. Don't feel like digging it up.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
cryptog1

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:13:57 AM

I m suspicious about the integrity of the main dev.
He said back in 2011 already that bitcoin would have to be centralized to maintain affordable fees.
His ties with the cia and cfr are dubious
augustocroppo
VIP

Merit: 503

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:28:05 PM

I think anything anyone can do to help strengthen a group of dedicated Bitcoin users is a good thing.

There is nothing to gain by tearing people down (falsely at least!) or inventing reasons to hate stuff. It's far better if we support new initiatives and defend their right to exist.

The Bitcoin Foundation imbecile above did try to initiate a discussion about how to protect the Bitcoin users from fraudulent schemes. It turn out he cannot cope with my harsh response. The topic is already lost somewhere after the first page of this section.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

When a system is corrupted from top to bottom, the only thing it can be done to improve security is to replace the whole system.
Hi all. I would prefer useful contributions only to this thread. I'll leave this here as an example of a truly useless contribution though. If you don't want to help people not get ripped off, please kindly step aside without posting.

I am sure you are not aware of the contributions I made to protect the forum participants from fraudulent schemes perpetrated in this forum. It is certainly true I had provided much more support rather than you to different participants since my inception in this forum. It is all recorded in my post history and anyone can verify.

You in the other hand, what you even know about security?

If you want to protect the forum participants from fraudulent schemes, you should start by replacing your "benevolent dictator" (a.k.a. Michael a.k.a. Theymos). He is the top and he is corrupted as much the bottom is corrupted. So when a system is corrupted from the top to bottom, the best thing to be done is to replace the whole system. A new software, a new administration and a new user base is necessary to provide a reasonable safe utilization of this board.

PS:

Oh, and since two can play that game, "Dr." Brian Goss (a freshly failed medical student in Chicago interviewing for residency training in radiology): here's your old page, from back when you were pushing the mywallet scam.

Quite respectable indeed, imbecile.

As pointed by MPOE-PR, you do not even have any background related to IT security...

Imbecile, indeed.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:45:40 PM

Maybe since it is so important, or they just haven't noticed?
Or...
Well, 2 bumps from the "Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll" and still here... don't know if it's or...

FWIW I agree with a lot of the points OP brings up and I personally don't think we need a "The Bitcoin Foundation"... has anyone got a contact for "The TCP/IP Foundation"? ...my neighbor stole my bandwidth the other day and I need someone to regulate them.

C'mon now, everyone say it with me... DE-CEN-TRA-LIZED...

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:15:59 PM

So the transactions to price growth ratio is even worse than we thought or was this all internal trades not on blockchain? The chart is in my archives at the Ponzi thread. Don't feel like digging it up.

The "transactions" thing is meaningless anyway.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:45:38 AM

The foundation's leadership is being overhauled. Vessenes and Matonis are out shortly. Pros are coming.

Just wanted to quote this in case the usagi-lookalike (hey, selling Bitcoin insurance, totally new idea and everything right?) ends up behaving like usagi.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:10:01 AM

I'm with MP on this, the foundation has really been lacking any kind of real progress and vision despite sitting on a massive stash of coin donations. I think it's time for change

also new revelations by a whistleblower may prove some deep corruption within the foundation:

http://valleywag.gawker.com/whistleblower-threatens-to-expose-corruption-at-bitcoin-1538965958/@laceydonohue

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:05:22 AM

Also what happened to Theymos and upgrading the forum software with those $10 Million dollars donated to the forum???

Don't bother theymos right now! He's busy trying to figure out if the bounty should be $50K or $100K USD to have somebody create a program to make sure that accounts like this one don't get registered again: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=268947

BTW, MPOE-PR's my God!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 08:26:04 AM

This is good enough of a place as any to finally getting around to post the following.

<because the thread is locked> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113400.msg1272155#msg1272155 <both quotes are by Gavin Andresen, a guy I still desire to trust, but...>

RE: do I have gazillions of bitcoins:

I've said before that I have "thousands of bitcoins, not tens or hundreds of thousands of bitcoins." I have mined a grand total of 250 bitcoins-- electricity here is not particularly cheap, and I'm a software kind of guy, not a hardware hacker. So it always made more sense for me to buy bitcoins rather than mining them.

I would definitely be wealthier right now if I had been working as the CTO for a company for the last two years and had never heard of Bitcoin.

http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-satoshi-nakamoto.html <strange date, unless it means March, [20]14, and not March, 14, 2014>

Holding the keys has also made early comers to Bitcoin wealthy beyond measure. "I made a small investment in Bitcoin and it is actually enough that I could now retire if I wanted to," Andresen says. "Overall, I've made about $800 per penny I've invested. It's insane."

Meanwhile, my 1,132 BTC is still being held hostage by InstaWallet, having been repaid last month ONLY the smaller of three wallets that I put in honest claims for--0.835 BTC--back in April, 2013. All the way up to the supposed hack, I championed InstaWallet, especially having been rest assured that all is well just two weeks prior to the thief. It excites me to learn that Paymium and Bitcoin-Central, of which is backed by a bank, are doing so well. So excited, excuse me while I go and jack off.

~Bruno Kucinskas
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:13:17 AM

I agree with you in spirit, but you should be a bit more up-front about the fact that Conformal's bitcoind implementation is written in the "Go" language.

There's nothing wrong with that, but there also isn't much demand outside of Conformal for a bitcoin client written in Go.

Even if that weren't the case, your post implies that the Bitcoin community is the development community.

No, actually, your post is the one implying that connection.  From what I've seen, non-developer users care a lot about the size of a project's developer base, both actual and potential.  They see it as a component of project viability.

Regarding the kooky attempt to launch a debate on the merits of the Go language: that's something I've said nothing about, and it's completely beside my point.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
The Bitcoin Foundation

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:38:36 AM

hear hear
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:12:36 PM

Don't bother theymos right now! He's busy trying to figure out if the bounty should be $50K or $100K USD to have somebody create a program to make sure that accounts like this one don't get registered again: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=268947

BTW, MPOE-PR's my God!

Well at least they did move the thread safely out of Bitcoin Discussion, so you know. Doing their part.

EEPICYOO

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:55:26 AM

This is good enough of a place as any to finally getting around to post the following.

<because the thread is locked> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113400.msg1272155#msg1272155 <both quotes are by Gavin Andresen, a guy I still desire to trust, but...>

RE: do I have gazillions of bitcoins:

I've said before that I have "thousands of bitcoins, not tens or hundreds of thousands of bitcoins." I have mined a grand total of 250 bitcoins-- electricity here is not particularly cheap, and I'm a software kind of guy, not a hardware hacker. So it always made more sense for me to buy bitcoins rather than mining them.

I would definitely be wealthier right now if I had been working as the CTO for a company for the last two years and had never heard of Bitcoin.

http://mag.newsweek.com/2014/03/14/bitcoin-satoshi-nakamoto.html <strange date, unless it means March, [20]14, and not March, 14, 2014>

Holding the keys has also made early comers to Bitcoin wealthy beyond measure. "I made a small investment in Bitcoin and it is actually enough that I could now retire if I wanted to," Andresen says. "Overall, I've made about $800 per penny I've invested. It's insane."

Meanwhile, my 1,132 BTC is still being held hostage by InstaWallet, having been repaid last month ONLY the smaller of three wallets that I put in honest claims for--0.835 BTC--back in April, 2013. All the way up to the supposed hack, I championed InstaWallet, especially having been rest assured that all is well just two weeks prior to the thief. It excites me to learn that Paymium and Bitcoin-Central, of which is backed by a bank, are doing so well. So excited, excuse me while I go and jack off.

~Bruno Kucinskas

wowzerz!!!~this post is epik::::>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113400.msg1331245#msg1331245
EEPICYOO

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:13:22 PM

Yeah, what a scam to take peoples membership money and use it to organize conferences, lobby regulators, provide a resource for business and the press, to provide a space to coordinate the volunteer efforts of dozens of people who actually do something. Wow such scam! Only a doggy based coin could save us now.  Roll Eyes

imho-->> you all don't do shit!(*except maybe G-man)

fyi~I happen to be a Bitcoin Foundation "Volunteer"

...how am i doing? LOL

:-)

weeeeeeeee
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:16:57 PM

Yeah, what a scam to take peoples membership money and use it to organize conferences, lobby regulators, provide a resource for business and the press, to provide a space to coordinate the volunteer efforts of dozens of people who actually do something. Wow such scam! Only a doggy based coin could save us now.  Roll Eyes

...how am i doing? LOL

weeeeeeeee
Your doing about as well as we thought you would.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
EEPICYOO

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

...how am i doing? LOL

weeeeeeeee
Your doing about as well as we thought you would.

i know i've been slacking off!...but can we make a change? =)
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

The problem with the foundation is that they are nothing more than speculators themselves and don't even have elementary skills to hide it. They are not interested in the long term success of bitcoin.

Typical statement of bitcoin foundation(or a member) when a big scam, theft etc happens "You should not invest more than you are willing to lose.". If the foundation was legit they would say "It is not an investment, get just enough you need for your commercial transactions if you do any at all. Speculators must be banned from our community, we are working on it."
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:15:37 PM

The problem with the foundation is that they are nothing more than speculators themselves and don't even have elementary skills to hide it. They are not interested in the long term success of bitcoin.

Typical statement of bitcoin foundation(or a member) when a big scam, theft etc happens "You should not invest more than you are willing to lose.". If the foundation was legit they would say "It is not an investment, get just enough you need for your commercial transactions if you do any at all. Speculators must be banned from our community, we are working on it."
Except that we are not interested in telling people what they can and can't do with their money. Bitcoin was not designed as a speculative financial instrument, but you can try doing it anyway. The part about not "investing more than you can loose" is not a bitcoin thing, that comes from stock trading.
Lastly, some members of the BF have been helping bitcoin succeed since the beginning. To say the BF is not interested in the long term success of bitcoin is to say that you don't know about the BF. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: