Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:05:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The name altcoin is boring  (Read 972 times)
xspasa

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:47:37 PM

All coins already have names according to their projects. there is no strange name I see. all normal and acceptable to everyone.
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:54:43 PM

because altcoins or alternative cryptocurrencies weren't initially created to be shitcoins. at some point in the past the greed became dominant in the market enough to push them towards being shitcoins. otherwise if you look at the early coins in 2010ish you can see the coins were actually trying to do something instead of just being hot air.
Yes, I also with you that some altcoins are scam and they do not really worth investing in but I do not think they should be called that name because they are alternative for bitcoin as they are cheaper. If you take your time to research, you will find very promising ones to invest in.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:03:17 PM

If Bitcoin's the man of the cryptoworld then all other currencies are his bitches. So why don't we call them bitchcoins instead of alt coins Grin ?

hahah. but dont forget that one of those bitches is going to replace with bitcoin. because bitcoin blockchain is not the best and it is going to loose its power sooner or later and a better one will replace with bitcoin.
TheWalkingCoin

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:09:06 PM

Every day have new altcoin with ico system sale, but we find with the unusually name of altcoin, almost of new altcoin have boring name and never try to use interested name for new altcoin. Maybe next time before make an ico project give space for investors to rename the ico altcoin.
Lattlyined

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:14:14 PM

It is true that Bitcoin the leading cryptocurrency of the world and that does not make the altcoins to be considered as shitcoin. Because technologically many altcoins have made pretty good progress over Bitcoin.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:21:49 PM

It will not be so popular with that name I think  Grin
And we should know that some altcoins like Ripple or Stellar are not similar to Bitcoin and it does not deserve the name like that. But it is a very interesting thought.
Jumbo Crawlers

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:22:49 PM

well you have the rights to express your feelings but we can't help you about this,  it was up to to the inventor choice what they like to name their coin and we can't demand to change it just like that name is like a brand which helps to have publicity
Light Cyborgs

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:25:50 PM

There exist some altcoins which have pretty good features compared to Bitcoin. Cryptocurrency market is an open market and it is important that altcoins take place beside the BTC. This is how people can own crypto at different price.
steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:28:39 PM

Actually this not even a good topic to raise but I might as well give my opinion. The fact the BTC is reigning king of Crpyto. I think other term for Altcoins should be named after BTC. But I prefer not to put a double meaning to it. I guess Sub Coins will do.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
Ivraes

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:28:51 PM

Altcoins have quite important role in the world of cryptocurrency. They give people option to buy cryptocurrency at different price range. Not everyone of the world has the capability to buy BTC at high price.
Betaa

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

all coins other than bitcoin on cryptoworld are called altcoins because their function is as an alternative choice because the price of bitcoin is too high.
fathur01

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:06:02 PM

All right, alticini so called because they are an alternative to Bitcoin. I think that at one point some altcoin can really compete with Bitcoin.
Jaci

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:22:53 PM

Altcoins full name mean alternative coins. In short altcoin. Why it is boring friend it is your own personal matter. When we all I mean almost all use this word then there is no reason for take it as a name-problem. Remember that if a name comes then come for popular. Altcoin name is already popular. So there is no reason for change it or take it as a boring word.   
SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:04:22 AM

If Bitcoin's the man of the cryptoworld then all other currencies are his bitches. So why don't we call them bitchcoins instead of alt coins Grin ?
Not all of the alternative crypto coins are bad, some of them are good but the problem is that there are a lot of shit coins more than the good ones, but the shit coins are very much easy to detect so that’s not a problem. So saying that the altcoins is boring makes no sense to me, cause I don’t see anything boring with that name.

Bitchcoinslike you said is even the worst name, how can you be using such a name as that? In some places online such a name would be censored completely, cause it’s  very bad and doesn’t look professional in any way.

asradoni

Activity: 1039
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:08:56 AM

Why am I reading this at all? Why a such topic exists on the forum? Bitcoin Forum thanks to such authors becomes a garbage dump. Think about it ...
yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:12:47 AM

Better name bitcoin and his friends. Technologies are parallel to each other and try to keep up. Let's see what changes will happen in the market further, but so far everything is obvious and not boring.

modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:23:35 AM

a strange argument I think. bitcoin is indeed becoming the best crypto and this has undergone many upgrades and might even be more than that. but altcoin no less well actually just his appearance late enough so that bitcoin is already too high to be defeated. However, the current development of altcoin was kind enough to follow and even better than bitcoin.
Mendrofa

Activity: 455
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:35:07 AM

I don't think it's good, altcoin is a good and good name with so many altcoins making the cryptocurrency world great because many people are interested and believe in the crypto world has good potential in the future
armack18

Activity: 129
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:40:08 AM

This paragraph about coin's names is very interesting and fun but moreover people are not pay much attention for this because name is just a face and inside processes are more significant.
prosokeslo

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:02:23 AM

Lol. What do you even mean by the name altcoin is boring. Well if you really think it is, then you can decide to give it another name, and see to it that the industry adopts it. I don't think this is an issue of priority though. There are much more important issues that bothers the people of this industry now, and not some name that they choose to call some group of coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: