Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:12:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency  (Read 27219 times)
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:20:16 AM

I think that the fiat will not be completely taken out of circulation, but will reduce the amount of cash circulating money. Countries rich in resources are constantly increasing the gold reserve, gold standard can again be introduced and the working cash will be backed up with gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Btcmicel

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:28:49 AM

I think that the fiat will not be completely taken out of circulation, but will reduce the amount of cash circulating money. Countries rich in resources are constantly increasing the gold reserve, gold standard can again be introduced and the working cash will be backed up with gold.

Fiat is used in how many decade, so i think it will not gone, it will still exist in a life time with the cryptocurrency.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:30:49 AM

The fiat currency will not disappear! The currency currently circulating on the market is not legal currency!
The cryptocurrency is only a supplementary currency for legal tender!
grey007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 10:34:52 AM

Strange to see the excitement about the disappearance of Fiat.
In my country all calculations with money are made only in fiat at the legislative level.
I do not think that the Fiat will disappear once...
bajingluncat

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:41:25 AM

completely eliminating the real fiat currency might just be a dream, because the reality is very difficult, there are many factors that hinder the start of culture, low levels of education, uneven technology especially if the country is left behind and the country is in a complicated situation, so it might not be eliminated but suppress and reduce the function of fiat currency itself but in practice fiat and kripro must be able to walk side by side and complement each other's shortcomings
Neraj Evad

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:14:51 AM

The popularity of bitcoin is slowly penetrating to the places all over the world, but cryptocurrency might not totally eliminates fiat currency ,for the reason that places without the access of the internet, could not utilized the function of the digital crypto currency which need to be on line and connected to transact this digital activities , so the absence of this make fiat money be useful as usual.
Metall303

Activity: 891
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:34:57 AM

I think that people's opinions on the forum will not affect the decision of the governments in relation to the currency. Do not worry and do not panic.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:36:27 PM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.

It will not happen. At least not soon. The world economy is based on fiat money and cryptocurrencies are a very small part of it. Financial institutions are not interested in popularizing cryptocurrencies so they certainly will not facilitate this.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:08:58 PM

Come on. There is no way the government are going to rely the economy to digital currency where they have no control over. The resistance is just too strong that we ourselves can't live without fiat. It will not happen in our lifetime and probably not even when our children gets old.  Unless they will create their own centralized coins, a government owned coin running on blockchain.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:09:34 PM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
I think as of now, cryptocurrency still has no chance to overpower fiat. Still people believe on the capacity of bitcoin but dominating fiat would not be possible as of now. I think if that will happen, I would not be able to witness it because that will take too much time to take place. There are many factors to consider and a decade or two will not be enough.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:48:57 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2018, 01:59:16 PM by chaoscoinz

Quite right my friend! Regardless of the trouble people say it causes, there are some scenarios where physical fiat money is the only option.
 The sad truth is that not everyone is fully connected yet. There are now more people than ever before with access to a smart cellular phone. There are even more who now have access to a basic mobile phone device.
    To eliminate fiat completely would be a complete disaster. A first world country may indeed be the first to have a cashless society, somewhere in the distant future maybe.
As of now, not so much. Fiat isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.
   One day in the future, once everyone in society is properly educated and rightfully equipped, then maybe fiat will be discarded and digital cryptocurrency will be the replacement. Maybe...
   Let's not forget about the mom and pop stores who haven't made it into the digital age yet, which to them crypto may be likened to something out of Star Trek. What about the street vendors, or the ordinary Joe's who just want a cup of joe before work? I don't think crypto fits their forte, at least not in it's current form. It would need to be more "User Friendly".

Commitments

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:27:36 PM

Yes we should not to eliminate and remove or leave fiat currency for our live, look at how many people was get profit and take more benefit with cryptocurrency. we have learn at the people get profit with bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
hyadumadha

Activity: 254
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:31:01 PM

It will not happen in the short time my friend, more precisely it will not happen before the global financial crash happened of course. And it will need a more technological infrastructure that can cover all the internet needs in all the world. So, take your time to buy land and farm.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:55:26 PM

it is hard for cryptocurrency to overtake the fiat currency in transactions many people will still use the traditional way of transacting in business and other kind of buying or selling good products, and also as what you indicated above many countries in the world are still in the 3rd world classification meaning not all places in a particular country has the internet connections and even computers.
Yes, it is very hard considering the fact that even government will not allow that. Fiat will still remain in a way, blockchain technology will be utilized by most banks in bringing about a new form of currency and apparently, there would be more interest in it as time goes on.

Nevertheless, this is something that can only and easily be applicable to developed countries and some developing countries. Like you said, in most of the third world, it would really take a huge one to be able to eliminate fiat. Still, no matter how much some may want fiat eliminated, this is one thing that is not very possible. Like you said yourself, there are still a lot of things we will always need fiat for, and apparently, no government can allow fiat to just get eliminated like that without at least a fight.

The best case in this whole issue is to have both going hand in hand just like it is, which is something I expect anyway as it is not everyone that will have a chance to make use of crypto as not everyone sure do have a chance to accessing technology or being vast in it.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:06:46 PM

I am also against completely eliminating fiat currently.  This can result in a number of problems especially in developing countries.  At such places,  there is still a lot of illeteracy and thus people will not be able to use crypto efficiently.
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:51:44 AM

You just need to understand that most of the people here are very crazy and they just say whatever that comes to their mind without thinking about it or the possibility of such a thing happening, they just think straight. Such a thing is not going to happen, it’s all about choices and Bitcoin is just an internet money and if you want to make use of Bitcoin it’s just your choice… if you decide you need fiat, then go for it.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:59:35 AM

I think as of now, cryptocurrency still has no chance to overpower fiat. Still people believe on the capacity of bitcoin but dominating fiat would not be possible as of now. I think if that will happen, I would not be able to witness it because that will take too much time to take place. There are many factors to consider and a decade or two will not be enough.
We do not have to compare it and cryptocurrency has no such target to replace fiat currency but is only to help us out using the easiest features for frictionless transactions etc. Fiat currency could only be replaced by crypto if government of a country announces it just like Japan where crypto currencies are rocking and many several countries where it is using besides their fiat currencies.
yonjitsu

Activity: 476

www.daxico.com

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:19:05 AM

That's close to reality while having a cashless society is far away from reality too. There's really pros and cons using bitcoin an crypto as well as fiat currency too but in my opinion, fiat currency will remain along with cryptos because not all people can afford to use bitcoin and cryptos.

BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:42:06 AM

Even though everyone wants fiat to be eliminated, not every people can still invest on cryptocurrency and that is the reason why it should not be used by everyone on different countries.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:55:26 AM

Fiat currency has it own role in our current economic development and we are to really becareful not to push it aside because of the discovery of cryptocurrencies and what it can do. I think time will come when blockchain technology will be used in producing fiat currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: