Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Please, we should not totally eliminate fiat currency  (Read 27219 times)
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 08:06:54 AM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
I think that the existence of fiat worry not worth it. He will never disappear. In any case, as long as states exist, their cash money will exist. They can only get a better form, but the essence will remain the same. In order for the ordinary national money of states to disappear, an official decision of these states is needed. And they will never give up the use of their national money in favor of decentralized cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency, in contrast to the national money, has nothing to do with the economy of any state.

pant-79

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 07:10:18 PM

I think that reasonable people don't want to eradicate fiat right now. After all, now there are absolutely no conditions for all the inhabitants of our planet to have the opportunity to use cryptocurrency. Moreover, almost half of the world's population, or 3.4 billion people, live on less than $ 5.50 a day (according to data from this source, https://economics.unian.net/other/10301172-pochti-polovina- naseleniya-mira-zhivet-na-5-5-v-den-vsemirnyy-bank.html). And until this situation is changed, there can be no talk of completely eradicating fiat.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 02:59:06 AM

From what I have seen so far in this forum and other crypto platforms, most of us want fiat eliminated. But let us not forget that there are still situations whereby we can't use crypto except fiat like in rural places without computers or even internet facilities.
I think that the existence of fiat worry not worth it. He will never disappear. In any case, as long as states exist, their cash money will exist. They can only get a better form, but the essence will remain the same. In order for the ordinary national money of states to disappear, an official decision of these states is needed. And they will never give up the use of their national money in favor of decentralized cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency, in contrast to the national money, has nothing to do with the economy of any state.
this is the same as the barter that some people still use until now, so I think later the appointment of crypto is not much different even replacing fiat may take a very long time
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:35:56 AM

Cryptocurrency can not eliminate fiat currency and that will never happen, even fiat can eliminate cryptocurrency.

Cryptocurrency market is just a small market, its capitalization is very small compared to the stock market and forex market. If comparing cryptocurrency as a brick, fiat would probably be a house made up of many bricks.Do you understand that?
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:33:41 AM

I think it is really impossible to end fiat from our era since government of each country will require to have an agreement to be united and what if some countries will disagree about it especially in middle east where there are still possible wars involved. Maybe on year 2100 it would be possible to eliminate fiat and unite all countries ad one but for today it isn't.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 07:50:24 AM

No, everyone of them has their own ways of being useful to the community. But I don’t see cryptocurrency as a currency, I see it more as an asset, and that’s what it is. There is no good reason as to why government should abandon our current monetary system and focus on cryptocurrency. I do love Bitcoin but it is not safe to be used as such, and is not a good option, I would choose fiat any time and any day.

Yes you’re saying the truth. I do some mad cryptocurrency enthusiasts saying that it would replace fiat one day, lol, that’s really funny. I don’t know why anyone would be thinking of such. Fiat rules at all times  and every state has its own currency. I do see some people say that but in a way to get people attracted to cryptocurrency, but that’s not working and it’s starting to look stupid when they do that.
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:16:07 PM

I agree with you, we don't need to remove the fiat currency to use crypto. I agree with you that there are many situations that make it difficult for us to use crypto so that fiat currencies are still very much needed. It's still very risky to use crypto in daily life, so it would be very difficult to be able to replace fiat currencies. Both will be good if used together without removing one, will definitely complement each other.
jbarcenas18

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 04:48:29 PM

It is impossible to remove fiat currency of each country because we all know that fiat symbolizes culture, history and tradition. Also fiat currency represents the leader of each country.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 07:34:20 AM

Most of the fiats used by the countries are national currencies so it is impossible to eliminate them. National currency is a part of every country's symbolic identity as a nation and it created not only as a currency but to represent a country. The governments around the world are mandated to protect anything that is part of their national identity so cryptocurrency will never be able to replace fiats.
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:01:24 AM

Yes l agree with you mate we can not totally eliminate Fiat currency from financial transactions despite the world is turning to a global village where digital currency will serve as means of transactions the usefulness of Fiat currency  can not be under rate. There are still people who don't speak or write or even know the internet of things, these set of people are the once we some time buy raw materials from in the manufacturing industries and other sectors as well ,because of their inability to computer or phones they will prepare transaction such as the physical Fiat currency they can see  and this might slow than the rate of production in businesses.
My suggestion:
these people should be more educated and teach on how to use the crypto currency as a fastest means of transactions in their  dealings. If this is address and achieve the crypto currency will result heavy mass adoption.

jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:27:32 PM

No single chance the bitcoin (cryptocurrency) could make fiat currency disappear. Imagine a day the electricity went to a crisis, computer's will malfunction, system was fatally damaged how would recover and use your crypto money? Not a chance because of fiat is a physical currency and it is the best way the human can use in all of the transactions. There would be a chance that cryptocurrency could make 60-80% of the fiat disappear but not totally.

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:21:04 PM

Yes l agree with you mate we can not totally eliminate Fiat currency from financial transactions despite the world is turning to a global village where digital currency will serve as means of transactions the usefulness of Fiat currency  can not be under rate. There are still people who don't speak or write or even know the internet of things, these set of people are the once we some time buy raw materials from in the manufacturing industries and other sectors as well ,because of their inability to computer or phones they will prepare transaction such as the physical Fiat currency they can see  and this might slow than the rate of production in businesses.
My suggestion:
these people should be more educated and teach on how to use the crypto currency as a fastest means of transactions in their  dealings. If this is address and achieve the crypto currency will result heavy mass adoption.
Yes definitely we should not totally eliminated the fiat  currency because huge amount of people in the world still use the Fiat currency for the day to day transactions.Many have not even heard about the cryptocurrencies and only depend upon is the fiat currency.Fiat has been established from the traditional time period and also the government supports it more than the cryptocurrencies.Cryptos cannot be operated everywhere as they require internet connection which is not available everywhere.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:18:41 PM

You should not worry too much about it, fiat currencies are not going to disappear because cryptocurrencies are not ready to take their place and even if in the future they are ready you can be sure that governments will do everything they can to protect their own currency because if they fail to do that then it is very likely that they will lose control of the economy and of their citizens and that is not something that they want.
andika2018

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 05:56:10 AM

You should not worry too much about it, fiat currencies are not going to disappear because cryptocurrencies are not ready to take their place and even if in the future they are ready you can be sure that governments will do everything they can to protect their own currency because if they fail to do that then it is very likely that they will lose control of the economy and of their citizens and that is not something that they want.

I am agree. Cryptocurrency different than fiat money and i am believe fiat money still exist as long central banks needed by government. Most cryptocurrency are decentralized and i think its hard to replace fiat money that controlled by central banks. However, we need fiat money for our transaction in our real life
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 07:33:59 AM

The thing is this, those calling for the elimination of Fiat currency should understand that both Fiat and cryptocurrency have their unique distinctive functions and so elimination of Fiat is not possible since cryptocurrency cannot effectively carry out those functions of Fiat.
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:07:30 PM

I strongly agree that you submit because in my country crypto currencies have not been approved by the government and crypto currencies are prohibited for direct transactions with crypto currencies
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 01:49:51 AM

I have an opinion on the problem, where it is not entirely fiat currency that has been eliminated because not all regions have adequate facilities, the presence of crypto currencies should not destroy the fiat currency that was first used by the community, the presence of crypto currencies must actually can facilitate transactions that cannot be done by fiat currencies
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 02:05:23 AM

Fiat will always be here. I'm speaking of the US, it's just hard to get hundreds of millions of people to accept that. Specially when it's all they've known.
pedangrusak

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:28:40 PM

I think it's only a statement to eliminate fiat from the face of the earth and replace it with crypto. it will not be easy to change the currency that has been used for a long time and this requires processes, approaches and also other things that need to be observed, because not all can use crypto at this time
huhhuh18

Activity: 250
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 11:32:17 PM

Ideally from what we've observed lately, cryptos will become assets if they will exist and not get banned. Should that happen, there'll be coexistence between crypto and Fiat and hence total fiat elimination may not occur. The bankers will unite against us at all cost.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: