Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:39:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we start New Bitcoin?  (Read 4425 times)
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:10:35 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 09:35:32 PM by Sukrim

IMO ripple got the best prospects to replace old bitcoin, IF they make it 100% open source.
There are no closed source and no non-free software parts about Ripple since September 2013.

I don't think it would be in any position to replace Bitcoin though, it is far more of a threat to BitPay than to Bitcoin.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:16:05 PM

You guys are stupid for wasting your time on trolls. Seriously

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 09:16:24 PM

I just say what poor fellows can do: either give up on crypto currencies completely, or jump on a new bitcoin-clone.
IMO ripple got the best prospects to replace old bitcoin, IF they make it 100% open source.

So switch to Ripple? With essentially everything premined?Huh?

By the way, if you don't like bitcoin, why the "BitCoin" address begging?

Anything closed source would be a mistake.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:26:21 PM

You guys are stupid for wasting your time on trolls. Seriously

It all pays the same.   Wink

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
hyunsookmom

Activity: 420

Kamehameha!!!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 09:26:58 PM

NXT I agree is great but why are people negative in Bitcoin cause of MtGox, stop being soft minded media suckers.

gollum (OP)

Activity: 434

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:22:28 PM

At which rate should we "poor rats" abandon the old bitcoin ship?

When the hackers and oligarchs holds:
60%
70%
80%
90%
99%
of all bitcoins mined.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 10:58:42 PM

Feel free to start a new cryptocurrency, plenty of folks have.

It won't affect bitcoin one bit.

Edit: You "poor rats" - abandoning cryptocurrency won't solve your problems because cryptocurrency didn't create your problems (poverty, inequality).

Capitalism did that, and it is capitalism that you need to abandon. Much harder, I know.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:15:06 PM

Feel free to start a new cryptocurrency, plenty of folks have.

It won't affect bitcoin one bit.

Edit: You "poor rats" - abandoning cryptocurrency won't solve your problems because cryptocurrency didn't create your problems (poverty, inequality).

Capitalism did that, and it is capitalism that you need to abandon. Much harder, I know.
Premining and Stealing (hacking) is not part of capitalism.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:17:58 PM

New Bitcoins are started every day.
Can we create a new, successful, Bitcoin... only if the majority agree with your beliefs. Wink
lmao! thanks for the laugh. my favorite comment of the day

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
lemfuture

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:21:27 PM

You don't like Bitcoin, I say switch to Nxt, after all it's 800 times more cost efficient and 3000 more energy efficient due to proof of stake, not to mention having many other services built on top of it, which will allow the coin to basically be sent around with practically zero transaction fees, and the forgers will be paid via people using the Nxt messaging service, decentralized computing, and other services.  Not to mention anyone can forge, there is no incentive to buy heavy duty equipment that can be used to mine Bitcoin and is good for absolutely nothing other than mining Bitcoin.

http://www.nxtcrypto.org/

+1. Yes NXT is great

+2
now if only nxt is hack-free id jump ship now. all these news about stealing BTC left and right is making me worried, i could be nxt you neva know

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 01:09:34 AM

Code:
*Insert random, pointless text about an altcoin here*

+1. Yes NXT is great

+2
Promoting NXT in Bitcoin discussion, smart.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
crazynoggin

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:50:31 AM

I remember listening to the hearings on Bitcoin in the US Congress. The "experts" that were speaking in front of the House were suggesting that a coin derived off of some of the innovative features of Bitcoin could be used to replace the current system. That probably means that they are talking about a centralized coin, which most of the people here who currently support Bitcoin would not want to be a part of. There are plenty of new "Bitcoins" started everyday and they are pretty much mostly useless and very cloneish. If you can come up with unique features that actually add something not thought of before and innovative, then starting a new Bitcoin might be a good idea.

Use my referral link if you want: https://primedice.com/?ref=Crazynoggin
gollum (OP)

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:32:57 AM

I remember listening to the hearings on Bitcoin in the US Congress. The "experts" that were speaking in front of the House were suggesting that a coin derived off of some of the innovative features of Bitcoin could be used to replace the current system. That probably means that they are talking about a centralized coin, which most of the people here who currently support Bitcoin would not want to be a part of. There are plenty of new "Bitcoins" started everyday and they are pretty much mostly useless and very cloneish. If you can come up with unique features that actually add something not thought of before and innovative, then starting a new Bitcoin might be a good idea.
I know, there exists 100+ altcoins.

The Old Bitcoin has been a wild west and many have been burned since it's inception, both noobs and early adaptors.
Therefore the burned users have incentive to jump on a new bitcoin-clone from scratch without premined coins, and be part of it from day 1 and with all experience they now have gained by MtGox. If many users and miners do switch over to New Bitcoin (by free will), the Old Bitcoin will fade away.

The mythical Satoshi figure holding 10% of all bitcoins should be enough as argument why we should let Old Bitcoin die.
Abandoning Old Bitcoin would of course be much easier to justify if the dollar value of Old Bitcoin was in millions instead of billions.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:40:36 AM

The reason for starting a new bitcoin is simple:
We can assume that 50% of all bitcoins mined are either held by wrong persons, or are lost.
A lot of people are burned by the MtGox theft, therefore they have nothing to lose on switching to a new coin.

If we start to use a new coin the miners can use their hardware to switch over as well, and effectively abandoning Old Bitcoin.
The value of Old Bitcoin will drop to zero which will punish preminers, thieves and FBI.

Bitcoin holders that will be punished most:
FBI: 10%
Satoshi: 10%
Thieves (from MtGox and other sites): 20%
Lost coins: 10%
Total = 50%

been done. see bytecoin.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:11:27 AM

bitcoin is bitcoin.. thats what its for.. no take backs.. no indian givers.. you wanna sell drugs.. guns.. or even uproot fiat.. i dont care... thats why bitcoin was created. if you're a damn fool and dont follow the protocol then you deserve to be robbed.. ie.. hold coins in our own wallets and dont let greed take over by trusting your coins to someone else (it says so right when you download bitcoin client !!! DONT TRUST OTHERS WITH YOUR COIN)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:39:54 AM

Promoting NXT in Bitcoin discussion, smart.

The point wasn't to spam and promote an altcoin but to tell that there are many innovative altcoins that have the potential to replace Bitcoin. Even if the name isn't Bitcoin 2.0 it goal is to replace Bitcoin by providing a "better" technology and fixing some flaws of Bitcoin.

No cryptocurrency is perfect but you are not forced to use one or an other. It is the choice of everyone.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:59:16 AM

I can understand why some people think thieves (eg. hackers, FBI, fraudsters, etc) deserve to be punished but why punish Satoshi? Without him, neither Bitcoin nor altcoins would exist.
miningpoolhub
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1006

Mining Pool Hub

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:18:09 AM

I can understand why some people think thieves (eg. hackers, FBI, fraudsters, etc) deserve to be punished but why punish Satoshi? Without him, neither Bitcoin nor altcoins would exist.

I agree.

Whoever Satoshi is, he gave us new coin world. Without him we might not have cryptocurrencies until now.

Mining Pool Hub - https://miningpoolhub.com
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:21:44 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2014, 10:42:48 AM by Bit_Happy

You want to destroy all BTC forever, why?

New Bitcoins are started every day.
Can we create a new, successful, Bitcoin... only if the majority agree with your beliefs. Wink
My argument for a new bitcoin is simple: Most people has lost bitcoin due theft or data loss, or missed the boat.
So most coins in circulation are held by thieves, oligarchs and .gov.
Therefore we don't have anything to lose by voting with our feet and go over to a new coin.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 10:42:05 AM

I'm totally on board with a New Bitcoin. Old Bitcoin is too corrupted.

In case you're also tired of the current Bitcoin we have, then send me your Bitcoin to this address:  1MYpNKj25HRBFpv22YpuZsuz2zZHKBLUur

I'll collect all the Bitcoin and change the password to my wallet to a random set of numbers while being blindfolded, thereby losing all current Bitcoin forever.

Send to here: 1MYpNKj25HRBFpv22YpuZsuz2zZHKBLUur

No!
I can rescue what he will throw away.

The reason for starting a new bitcoin is simple...

Simply wrong, and enough people know that.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: