Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:26:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: September 30th ETF decision + when to buy  (Read 1774 times)
Melnikof

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:04:10 PM

I have 2 Bitcoin and know we have great prices right now (even though we are over 7k) and I would like to buy into my favorite Alt coin however I'm nervous there will be some sort of drama  surrounding the September 30th decision regarding the ETF.

How would you guys buy in?  All in now?  Half now half later?  I'm stuck and not sure how to proceed. 

If I were you, I wouldn't change anything. You can't say for sure, where BTC and altcoins will go. BTC has fallen less than altcoins cause it's still a king, and it's more stable. What's the point in looking for options, if you've already got a wonderful one?
sexylady13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 07:50:21 PM

I have 2 Bitcoin and know we have great prices right now (even though we are over 7k) and I would like to buy into my favorite Alt coin however I'm nervous there will be some sort of drama  surrounding the September 30th decision regarding the ETF.

How would you guys buy in?  All in now?  Half now half later?  I'm stuck and not sure how to proceed. 

if I were in your place, I would sell a half and hold money in USD and EUR. At another downfall of BTC (guess, it'll fall by $500-700) I'd purchase it again or buy some promising coins such as Cardano neo nex qkc vechain, etc

olyamart2017

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:57:28 AM

I would wait for a solution. because they can make a negative verdict and the market will fall again lower.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:03:00 AM

just keep it. if you really want to trade, you can buy now.
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:06:57 AM

I guess the ETF on September 30 is likely to reject Bitcoin again, so don't pin your bullish hopes on the ETF. We should see Bitcoin's development in the future world, although Bitcoin is not may become a universal payment currency, but it has a good stored value function.As long as we can see this clearly, I don’t think we have to worry about the outcome of the ETF.

mrkavasaki

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:46:37 PM

Look at Bitcoin to learn, many funds want to ETF for it but all are rejected. And why buy ETH when it can exploit forever, it is not like Bitcoin
teleminergroup

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 06:48:01 PM

The decision on the contracts for bitcoins can be made at any time. No one can say the best time to invest
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:26:49 PM

I think good idea is sell all coins on 29 of september first while waiting for decision of Bitcoin ETF, and then incase Bitcoin ETF will be approved we can buy back all coins. But if denied we can avoid loss because big probability the price will going down, and waiting for others deepest to buy back because in the long term Bitcoin still has potential to bullish.
The second scenario is more likely, as there is an opinion that the decision to approve the ETF will be postponed to January next year, after which the market will get another fall  Embarrassed
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:08:20 AM

I am not affected by anything, including ETF, WTF, WWF or whatever.
I believe that Bitcoin will raise the price when many people buy it, I'm a Bitcoin holder from the price of 1000 USD. LOL
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:10:30 AM

I think good idea is sell all coins on 29 of september first while waiting for decision of Bitcoin ETF, and then incase Bitcoin ETF will be approved we can buy back all coins. But if denied we can avoid loss because big probability the price will going down, and waiting for others deepest to buy back because in the long term Bitcoin still has potential to bullish.

This is not a good advice. selling all coins before the decision is a bad way to do.
What if the decision is positive, you can't buy back again.
You will be left with out any coins on your wallet while the rocket is going high.
Dolarin

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:11:16 AM

I think that on September 30 ETF will not be accepted (again) and the price of bitcoin will fall again, so buy altcoins now. imho
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:12:27 AM

somehow later on September 30th, everyone is waiting for the news.
if there are many who have 99% approve why is there no good movement? there should be a good movement of the coin

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 10:20:35 AM

It is very unlikely that ETFs will be accepted on September 30th due to the very poor market conditions that have surrounded the ETF decisions in the past. The SEC don't want to approve anything that can be so extremely volatile as they are not looking to suffer the burden of causing so many people to enter a market where they could possibly lose their money. The volatility issue must be resolved before a BTC ETF will be approved IMO.
reynald70

Activity: 598
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:24:26 AM

I think that on September 30 ETF will not be accepted (again) and the price of bitcoin will fall again, so buy altcoins now. imho
If the ETF is rejected again, I think the price of Bitcoin will fall because someone is panic selling, but I suggest not to make sell panic. Because the ETF is rejected it will not affect the price of Bitcoin for the future. Bitcoin will continue to move without rules from anyone. bitcoin is designed to be anonymous. because the person who created Bitcoin also no one knows its whereabouts.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:26:30 AM

It is kind of ironic that the original cryptocurrency that is completely built on the idea of being a decentralised currency beyond the control of any government or authority,  has its future value completely dependant on the decision of whether a government regulator will allow it be held in a centralised and regulated fund.

basici

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:27:29 AM

I would in your place just wait for the decision of the commission and only then would I make any deals

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: