Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:24:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO]  (Read 33364 times)
MarkThief

Activity: 193
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:50:25 PM

Good day, all!
Hello to everyone! I still need to study the whitepaper of this project. But what payments methods can I use in order to buy your tokens for holding?

First, you need an invite to create a wallet. Go to https://www.merit.me/get-started/#get-invite-application

Second, go to https://market.merit.me and login using your private wallet seed.

Third, buy some Merit paying with BTC.

Except you need an invite to buy them from what I understand? How does that work?

if you head to ithe website you can ask for one there, there will be someone who will send you an invite.

or even better hope into the discord channel https://discord.gg/U8hVCW and then just go to the invites room. always people looking to invite in there Smiley

questions are quicker answered usually there as well.

What is the purpose of the invites? I'm assuming you're only handing them out freely because the project is still new and needs more users?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AbhijoySarkar

Activity: 49
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:52:52 PM

Except you need an invite to buy them from what I understand? How does that work?
No you wouldn't need to buy invite to create a wallet. You use someone's invite link to create a wallet in Merit. Thereafter, that wallet needs to be activated using an invite token (can be bought or mined). Your inviter will send you a token. Some of us send extra tokens since it is in our best interest that you grow your community/network on Merit. Similarly, others can use your invite link to create their own wallets in Merit. But they will need to be sent an invite token each to activate their wallets as well.

Invite tokens are created and airdropped to wallets (these invite tokens are called mined invites) based on growth score, new addresses, randomness, mining activity. Also, invites can be traded.
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:59:14 PM

What is the purpose of the invites? I'm assuming you're only handing them out freely because the project is still new and needs more users?
Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)
kazzy

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

You can mine this?? Or only the invite tokens? I'd love to put one of my rigs to work on this.
disifi

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:04:23 PM

The Merit Market is our first exchange. =] We have not talked to any third-party exchanges yet, but we plan to reach out to them soon. We followed this strategy for many reasons.

We wanted to be sure that we provided a remarkably simple and easy way for new users to Merit (and crypto in general) to get their hands on Merit.

Additionally, because Merit is invite only, exchanges will have to do a little extra work in order to list MRT. We have several ways to facilitate this process, but in the short term we will continue to support the Market.

I think they have something more unique and special.

Hello KAMO287!

Just a question.

Why do you sometimes speak using "us" and other times using "them" referring to development?

Could you make it clear if you are part of the team? Or are you just a fan/hodler?

Thank you.
Speaking "us" was quote from FAQ, but, I am also not member of core team and I like to use term "us" as Merit community, whole project is community targeted, so join "us" and feel free to speaking as "us" Wink
mempko
Copper Member

Activity: 33

I'm a Free Software Developer.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:05:45 PM

You can mine this?? Or only the invite tokens? I'd love to put one of my rigs to work on this.

Get an invite from someone and download the desktop wallet: https://www.merit.me/get-started/#get-merit-desktop
You can mine directly from the wallet with your CPU and GPUs.

Eric Swiran

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:07:49 PM

Hello Team, can you elaborate on the Physical POS Terminal i read on Ann page? Does it means that there will be POS on mobile as well?
Do you have a bounty program?
MarkThief

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:10:30 PM

Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)

I'm more curious about why Merit decided to use an invite system in the first place. It's just a way to reward people for bringing new members in? Or is it a way to keep Merit more exclusive?
mempko
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:21:35 PM

Purpose of invites is to improve your community growth score (apart from bringing more people into Merit  Smiley ). That increases your chances at getting more growth rewards in MRT (the Merit Coin) and INV (the Invite Token)

I'm more curious about why Merit decided to use an invite system in the first place. It's just a way to reward people for bringing new members in? Or is it a way to keep Merit more exclusive?

It was used for a couple reasons.

• Create a valuable identity on the blockchain.
  • Reduce the rate at which bad actors can function in the system.
  • Provide stable growth which can provide some price stability.
  • Enables Proof-of-Growth to work.

Newguy201

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:23:01 PM

I'd give this a watch:

https://youtu.be/SfLI2B0UPsk
joblessminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:25:08 PM

It seems like a lot of thought has gone into this project and all the features. Is this the first time this team has made a cryptocurrency?
Imleabmeine

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:28:47 PM

I am very excited with this idea. This is the first of its kind with unique features. I've no doubt that it will surely moon and we see how this business create really infostructure for crypto enthusiasts.
Newguy201

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

It seems like a lot of thought has gone into this project and all the features. Is this the first time this team has made a cryptocurrency?

I've been involved as an investor with plenty of projects, this team is hands down
one of the best I've seen.  They rival even coins that are in the top 25.  They are
super transparant, hard working, and code their asses off.  

Oh and not to mention, they actually have a good eye for design.  Because god knows,
most of these coins have interfaces and user experiences that are dog shit. 
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:34:34 PM

Hello Team, can you elaborate on the Physical POS Terminal i read on Ann page? Does it means that there will be POS on mobile as well?
Do you have a bounty program?
You may be confusing with some other projects. There's no POS terminals involved.
mempko
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:37:08 PM

All the developers are very experienced in building software! I personally have been hacking since 1996 (22 years) and this is not my first decentralized software (check my Firestr project). This is my first cryptocurrency and there are definitely unique challenges for building one, but I think it shows through our work we have handled them well and have taken this very seriously. I'm definitely proud of the work we did so far.

Dreaming

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:02:07 PM

Is there a determined amount of growth rewards per invite?
disifi

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:03:26 PM

No, it's not, all depends on how active user you will be able to invite with that invite
mempko
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:04:17 PM

Is there a determined amount of growth rewards per invite?

No, growth rewards are not determined per invite. They are determined by the coin age of your wallet plus your networks. The computation is actually much more complicated than that, so if you want the details of it I suggest reading the bluepaper (https://www.merit.me/uploads/2018/bluepaper.pdf) section 4.

KAMO287

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:08:04 PM

The Merit Market is our first exchange. =] We have not talked to any third-party exchanges yet, but we plan to reach out to them soon. We followed this strategy for many reasons.

We wanted to be sure that we provided a remarkably simple and easy way for new users to Merit (and crypto in general) to get their hands on Merit.

Additionally, because Merit is invite only, exchanges will have to do a little extra work in order to list MRT. We have several ways to facilitate this process, but in the short term we will continue to support the Market.

I think they have something more unique and special.

Hello KAMO287!

Just a question.

Why do you sometimes speak using "us" and other times using "them" referring to development?

Could you make it clear if you are part of the team? Or are you just a fan/hodler?

Thank you.

Hey! Sorry I had to run, but I didnt even realize I was using Us/Them. Good catch.

I am not a core team member, or even team member at all. I am a fan of the concept and think THEY really have something here. Also, like many others I too want to build my community on merit.

Instead of spamming my invite link - I try to educate and help. Just a different approach!

I hope that helps clear this up!

Join Merit + get free MRT and invites with my link:
https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287
(PM me to unlock or contact me on disc/tell as: KAMO287)
KirchhoferAmop

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:11:46 PM

This is a great plan, Is the platform open for testing, I would love to work with the API, What are the requirements I need to get started, also is there a bounty program for this idea?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: