Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:17:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO]  (Read 33369 times)
Shoesouse

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:54:12 PM

Someone sent me a link to this and said it could possibly be a replacement for Paypal. Where can I read more about that? Is that the main function?
KAMO287

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 07:00:19 PM

I have another question regarding Growth Mining. Couldn't a handful of people working very efficiently end up causing a sort of  growth mining centralization?

Proof of Growth allows for people to be rewarded based on their community growth score. The 50% of the mining rewards gets randomly distributed in a form of a lottery every single block. Lets say someone has multiple accounts with large communities, they might get a high chance of winning the lottery, they never get 100% of the rewards.

Also invites are distributed randomly in a variety of ways as well.

So to answer your question, yes those with a big community may have a higher chance of rewards, but it will be extremely difficult -especially as the Merit network continues to grow the growth rewards get distributed across more wallet, limiting the return for any bad actors.

I hope that helps.

Join Merit + get free MRT and invites with my link:
https://wallet.merit.me?invite=KAMO287
(PM me to unlock or contact me on disc/tell as: KAMO287)
Kunindz100

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:02:20 PM

mineable without computer?
+ cancelable transactions?

thets something new, but if transaction will cencelable, and you use money for buy or sel something. you want w8 to complate transaction, and its not good for holders
Exatrori

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:08:09 PM

Greetings,
Seems like a very interesting business,everything that's trying to make crypto more convenient to actually use in everyday life has my vote.Gotta check whitepaper abit more and then ill come back with questions.
Dreaming

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:09:38 PM

I have another question regarding Growth Mining. Couldn't a handful of people working very efficiently end up causing a sort of  growth mining centralization?

Proof of Growth allows for people to be rewarded based on their community growth score. The 50% of the mining rewards gets randomly distributed in a form of a lottery every single block. Lets say someone has multiple accounts with large communities, they might get a high chance of winning the lottery, they never get 100% of the rewards.

So to answer your question, yes those with a big community may have a higher chance of rewards, but it will be extremely difficult -especially as the Merit network continues to grow the growth rewards get distributed across more wallet, limiting the return for any bad actors.

I hope that helps.

KAMO saves the day once again lol. Thanks!

Are there any communities of growth miners now? I assume they would split the lottery if they worked together?
AbhijoySarkar

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:13:47 PM

mineable without computer?
+ cancelable transactions?

thets something new, but if transaction will cencelable, and you use money for buy or sel something. you want w8 to complate transaction, and its not good for holders
Cancellable transactions are related to escrow links and not other transactions. It's a link that carries some MRT coins or INV tokens with it. Unless they are accepted, the sent coins/tokens remain in escrow. It is these links that can be cancelled until they are accepted by recipient. Normal transactions cannot be cancelled. Hope that helps.
moooner
Copper Member

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:15:20 PM

I hope that helps.

Are there any communities of growth miners now? I assume they would split the lottery if they worked together?

Some pools do. Communities of real miners sharing PoG rewards dunno but groups of friends are confirmed there, hope they share what they get Tongue

● ● ●      M E R I T [     Mine, Share, Grow     ]      ● ● ●
████████████████ Join Merit and get free MRT and invites using my link ████████████████
(PM me to unlock or contact me on Discord: Boozee#0607)
keepwatukill

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:24:31 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 09:19:47 PM by keepwatukill

I have been mining Merit for a few months now and it is truly an amazing project. The software is easy to use and intuitive and with one click cpu/gpu mining inside a super clean desktop wallet with cross platform integration you are looking at the most user friendly crypto on earth. On top of all that great core software you now have a full blown P2P Escrow called Merit Market where you can instantly link your Merit Wallet and buy/sell Merit for BTC now with a safe, decentralized system with plans for ETH FIAT and more ALTS coming! If you are excited just like me and 1000's of other people then just click my invite link and I can get you setup with the wallet downloaded and you mining in just a few minutes! https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=keepwatukill I will give you 1 Merit to get started and answer any specific questions you have!
tux82

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:51:37 PM

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=gda            If you need invites

My hash rate is 37 h/s  12 invites are availble
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 08:01:10 PM

I hope that helps.

I airdrop random Merit onto those under me who I see are active and growing. I also share free invites to those below me if they need them, and prove to be growing the community- it helps all of us so  I try to promote the community sharing concept with those who are not trying to abuse the generosity .

the growth rewards are paid out per block- so they'll be .3-.6 MRT per payment - not a set amount per day or month. it's per 60 second chance of winning based on your community growth score.

Dreaming

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:16:30 PM

I hope that helps.

I airdrop random Merit onto those under me who I see are active and growing. I also share free invites to those below me if they need them, and prove to be growing the community- it helps all of us so  I try to promote the community sharing concept with those who are not trying to abuse the generosity .

the growth rewards are paid out per block- so they'll be .3-.6 MRT per payment - not a set amount per day or month. it's per 60 second chance of winning based on your community growth score.

So if I join under you, would you be rewarded a small amount for every person I invite?
@scambuster

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:23:48 PM

I agree that Merit is an interesting project -- no doubt that it's the most interesting I've seen in the last couple months here in the ANN section.

But, for all of you that have said you are going to invest *ALL* of your BTC into it -- I must say that this is totally inadvisable.

You need to think of your crypto as a full portfolio.  Just like with your normal stocks, you want to have a high-risk group and a low-risk group of assets.

While Merit seems really good as far as new altcoins go, you should limit yours investment to something reasonable.
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 08:25:11 PM

I hope that helps.

So if I join under you, would you be rewarded a small amount for every person I invite?

Nope! It's not a pyramid.

So, if you used my link (would be awesome) - It would improve my growth score but I dont get paid a specific amount because of it . I dont get a % or anything per person - or even per person you get. The higher growth score simply increases the chances of me winning in the lottery every block.

You could someday get a CGS higher than mine based on your own growth (your growth still helps me, but it's not like you cant pass me- I passed the person above me).

We just are thrown in the lottery pool every block the same way - more chances higher the CGS.

does that help?

upandtotheright96

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:30:54 PM

On the notes that it will be a privacy coin, is the plan to mainly to follow what is being done by other coins like dash, or do something else.
No offense -- but where are you getting this from?

Where did you get the idea that this was a privacy coin?  It's kind of the opposite because of the notion of aliases, and as I understand, it's one-address-per-invite-token.

I do think that this might be the main competitor to DASH.  Maybe this is DASH 2.0.  But, dash has no security/privacy features do they?

I ignored that original comment as a spam/bot post - since it made no sense for Merit at all. Sad there are so many fake posts.
Yeah, I agree with you.  It is quite annoying when spammers pollute an otherwise useful thread.  

FWIW, I think that Merit may be the only credible DASH competitor I've seen so far.  Most new cryptos are not really trying to make crypto easier.  
KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 08:39:52 PM

I agree that Merit is an interesting project -- no doubt that it's the most interesting I've seen in the last couple months here in the ANN section.

But, for all of you that have said you are going to invest *ALL* of your BTC into it -- I must say that this is totally inadvisable.

You need to think of your crypto as a full portfolio.  Just like with your normal stocks, you want to have a high-risk group and a low-risk group of assets.

While Merit seems really good as far as new altcoins go, you should limit yours investment to something reasonable.

I think a majority of these comments that arnt a reply and dont reference Merit and say "the project" or "the plan" are bots/spam ... or even like the one right above me from Drew ^  - even though they say positive stuff that generally can be true - it's all spam to boost rank (guessing).

as much as I believe Merit is onto something, Im not taking out a mortgage or going ALL in- that's a silly decision financially. not a knock on Merit at all   Grin

KAMO287

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 08:55:58 PM

Do you have some video guide that explains how to join the sale, how to buy the tokens and how to go trough the whole procedure? If not, when it appear?

Case. And. Point. 💔 (Spam)

No ico. You can buy Merit at market.merit.me ! (Market is not quite optimized for mobile yet, turn phone sideways / landscape OR use desktop mode on browser) can
Let know if you have any questions

Che454010

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:58:28 PM

I hope that helps.

Nope! It's not a pyramid.

So, if you used my link (would be awesome) - It would improve my growth score but I dont get paid a specific amount because of it . I dont get a % or anything per person - or even per person you get. The higher growth score simply increases the chances of me winning in the lottery every block.

You could someday get a CGS higher than mine based on your own growth (your growth still helps me, but it's not like you cant pass me- I passed the person above me).

We just are thrown in the lottery pool every block the same way - more chances higher the CGS.

does that help?
This was the crucial point for me to get over my early skepticism.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Merit team should stress this idea more on the website.  (I had to spend a lot of time figuring this out.)

The big thing here is that there is a lottery in each block, and your chance of winning is higher if you share more.

If you simply got MRT every time you invited someone, that would be 1) unsustainable 2) bitconneeeeeecccctt.  

But when you talk about "Growth Rewards" on the website, it's easy for someone to get the wrong impression.  (And Bitconnect kind of messed up any kind of growth incentive for most people these days.)
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:02:04 PM

This was the crucial point for me to get over my early skepticism.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Merit team should stress this idea more on the website.  (I had to spend a lot of time figuring this out.)

Yes, it is hidden in the FAQ section (https://www.merit.me/faq/#how-is-merit-not-a-ponzi-scheme--how-does-it-relate-to-mlm-businesses). Agreed that this is a point that needs emphasis.
Ricardo Tucker

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:13:49 PM

Have you already entered the stock exchange or not? That is, a token can only be purchased through a purse? If I do not have a purse, then I cannot buy your token. It'sa pity of course, if it is.
AbhijoySarkar

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:18:31 PM

Have you already entered the stock exchange or not? That is, a token can only be purchased through a purse? If I do not have a purse, then I cannot buy your token. It'sa pity of course, if it is.
Pretty sure this is generic spam.
But oh well. Merit can be traded on https://market.merit.me/dashboard
You will need to create a wallet first and then login to the market with your wallet. Since, Merit has it's own blockchain, you will need a Merit wallet of course.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: