Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:36:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 10594 times)
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 05:25:44 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2016, 01:25:22 AM by BitcoinEXpress

delete

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:01:40 AM

Coinhunter's own inner circle is beginning to call him out on the source code.

FlipPro a Moderator and Staff Member of Solidcointalk.org, the official SC Form and hardcore Coinhunter supporter posted the quote below. Viperjbm is even making noise about Coinhunter's inactions and failure to lead.

FlipPro Quote & Link
http://solidcointalk.org/topic/382-some-concerns/page__view__findpost__p__3730

If we want this project to survive we need to open up development, and we need to do it NOW.

There is no way in hell we can expect to run a "currency" (in beta, or any other stage) with a closed source.I know RS's main excuse was that he didn't want anyone copying the chain, but honestly I think we are far beyond that point.

I say before anything else is even "discussed" the source code needs to be released to the public, and there should be COMMUNITY BASED DISCUSSIONS on where we ALL want to take this coin.

This whole notion that the devs can change anything they want at any given time is ludicrous and has got to stop. This isn't some video game, once again this is real MONEY we are talking about.

To make this project a success it takes two simple factions. It takes committed developers like RS, but it also takes an equally important faction to make it work, and that is it's USERS.

Without us there is no Solidcoin, so please SC developers be a little bit more grateful that your users are still here even though you are not being 100% transparent with the development process.

This isn't some game that you guys are withholding some screenshot/demo to the public. This is a MONEY SYSTEM, and the only way this money system can function properly is if EVERYONE has the same exact information at any given time. Privileged information of any kind goes against everything I and many others believe in this community.

I was a huge supporter of SC1, and have proudly taken my roll as a community leader throughout this entire process. However, I must say that lately I have been extremely disappointed with what I have been seeing, and I hope we can all come together to fix these "tiny" annoyances that prevent us from really taking off.

Before anything is discussed you guys have to RELEASE THE DAMN SOURCE, if not this will soon turn into another HYIP...

I am not part of the "inner circle", although I wish I was Smiley.

Now let's paste RS's response just to be fair.

Quote from: RealSolid

Satoshi didn't canvas the users or use real data to form the economic features in Bitcoin. I know people don't like those kind of changes whilst we are running, but the 5SC block value should be the last change to the economic inflation model, and it's based on real data we gathered with current hardware and the information about future changes in hardware and electricity costs.

In regards to the bugs I fully agree that it creates issues with stability but none of this would have been helped with source code released, the amount of people that understand the technology in SolidCoin, the weird aspects of the Bitcoin code that is still there and have the time to look at them and fix them is extremely limited.

People need to remember when Bitcoin was first released it had issues and bugs needing to be solved too, and SolidCoin is based on different technology which also will have its share of issues. We have ironed out most of them now and will be looking to release the source and v2.01 over the coming days. The biggest reason I didn't want source out is because I wanted time to fix any issues that propped up without having hackers trying to beat me in the race to fix things. As well as fine tuning all economic aspects using as much data as possible. This way once source is out there won't be that much needing to be changed and people can concentrate on adding features and whatnot.

The next biggest changes are coming to the mining interface, RPC interface, and adding new developer functions to make it easy to develop sites for SolidCoin. All of these don't touch the core aspects of SolidCoin at all. Smiley

I think I spoke my opinion as I always do. I believe that RS will deliver as he always has.

Let's hope that the source is released soon, and we can actually start to dispel some of the FUD and misinformation.
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:42:27 AM

I'll just leave this here:

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
johnj

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 06:48:16 AM

Yeah, CH is now actively saying he's trying to subvert governments and take over the world.  I mean, this is just nuts.

Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:06:06 AM

This is his inner circle of devs supposedly, normally he would just ban anyone else.

If you really think that a PUBLIC IRC channel which can be joined by anyone (besides the banned accounts) is the inner circle  Grin

You can also get there and discuss about SC2 if you like  Smiley
Spacy

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:13:45 AM

Hey retard, Ahimoth was the only person other than Ch to know about the block reduction and to have the source. I think that qualifies as inner circle. His own people are calling SC dead if he continues to lead it.

Could you please mark the according sentences above? As "retard" I am not able to get your points  Smiley
johnj

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:16:46 AM

Am I the only one who sees that holding SC just became a huge liability?

I'm not super clear on laws, but I'm pretty sure holding a currency whose intentions are to subvert governments is frowned upon, legally.  Depending on where you live, of course.

Spacy

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:30:09 AM

Am I the only one who sees that holding SC just became a huge liability?

I'm not super clear on laws, but I'm pretty sure holding a currency whose intentions are to subvert governments is frowned upon, legally.  Depending on where you live, of course.

Maybe you should forward this to your congressmen if you really are concerned! It doesn't help to protect the country if just publish it in a small niche forum...
johnj

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 07:31:30 AM

I don't hold any SC 2.0, nor have I installed it on any machine.  So I'm clean  Wink

edit: it also may be a liability for bitcointalk.org

Ten98

Activity: 1008
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 01:58:10 PM

Guys guys guys, I know that the

#SolidCoin channel on IRC (freenode.net, right next door to the #Bitcoin channel, in case you were wondering)

is a really cool place to hang out and chat to the creator of SolidCoin and other cool guys (like me  Cool) but do you really need to post the logs every day? It's free for anyone to come in and chat to us, even trolls are welcome. I mean, if people want to read this stuff they can just come into the channel for themselves?

BTCEX: We'd love to see you in there using your real nick for once instead of coming in using fake names...

It's true that people are getting impatient and frustrated waiting for the Source Code to come out, we have so many people eager to help us create the world's #1 CryptoCurrency it's not surprising that people really want to get started as quickly as they can.

Guys, just have patience, we will get there Grin
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 02:13:26 PM

Hmmm, I betcha, That if i walk in, And RealSolid is there, I'll beable to bitch about SC's source code not being out, And i'll get banned.

How much longer is this drabble going to go on for? Just leave solid coin and it will die.

I dont see Anyone Liking it, Just a bunch of Dicks trying to "grab alot of SC's then sell them when their worth something"
And so honestly, If the whole SC market is people like RealSolid, Do you actually expect to earn money off this? Seriously?

Fuck for all he cares he'll start a New chain the second someone gets more coins than he owns. and ban anyone who bitches
and then make a public statement of "there was a bad bug in SC's chain and it needed to be reset, Sorry"

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Ten98

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 02:34:54 PM

Standard policy for most channels that have nothing to hide is daily posting of the logs so people can have a searchable record of past conversations.

"Standard Policy"?? Beg pardon? Whose standard exactly? I don't believe there are a council of elders that govern what people do on IRC, but I could be wrong?

BTCEX: We'd love to see you in there using your real nick for once instead of coming in using fake names...
Bet you would then you would know IP to ban.

Pff. You can connect over TOR to Freenode, plus surely BTCEX, being the master hacker he is, can connect from any number of IP addresses with ease?

Good luck getting there with that freak in charge, he will bring this version crashing down eventually just like the last.

Heyyy! that's our Dear Leader you're talking about there! He might be a freak but he's a lovely one! Leave him alone you big bully!

Hmmm, I betcha, That if i walk in, And RealSolid is there, I'll beable to bitch about SC's source code not being out, And i'll get banned.

How much longer is this drabble going to go on for? Just leave solid coin and it will die.

-snipped some rude and hateful comments!-

Jeez, well with an attitude like that mister grumpy face you will get banned!

The IRC channel is a place for nice people to discuss ideas about SolidCoin and try to help one another, not to ask for the Source Code over and over and over in new and increasingly less interesting ways. You will get your god damn Source Code, just chill buddy.

johnj

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:05:10 PM

What does this mean for people in the US who hold/mine/use SolidCoin?

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins said. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country.”

“We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government,” Tompkins said.

I live in the US.  The above is some scary shit. RS fucked up.

Ten98

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:18:18 PM

What does this mean for people in the US who hold/mine/use SolidCoin?

“Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are simply a unique form of domestic terrorism,” U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins said. “While these forms of anti-government activities do not involve violence, they are every bit as insidious and represent a clear and present danger to the economic stability of this country.”

“We are determined to meet these threats through infiltration, disruption and dismantling of organizations which seek to challenge the legitimacy of our democratic form of government,” Tompkins said.

I live in the US.  The above is some scary shit. RS fucked up.

It means that U.S. Attorney Anne Tompkins isn't getting enough pussy and feels the need to make grandiose statements to raise her own profile while winning an open-and-shut counterfeiting case.

If you're trying to compare Liberty Dollars to Solidcoin you really won't get very far. Here's what the person she's talking about, Bernard Von NotHaus, was charged with:

"Von NotHaus designed the Liberty Dollar currency in 1998 and the Liberty coins were marked with the dollar sign ($); the words dollar, USA, Liberty, Trust in God (instead of In God We Trust); and other features associated with legitimate U.S. coinage. Since 1998, NORFED has been issuing, disseminating, and placing into circulation the Liberty Dollar in all its forms throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. NORFED’s purpose was to mix Liberty Dollars into the current money of the United States. NORFED intended for the Liberty Dollar to be used as current money in order to limit reliance on, and to compete with, United States currency."

Source: http://www.fbi.gov/charlotte/press-releases/2011/defendant-convicted-of-minting-his-own-currency

If you think that is the same as mining a SolidCoin, you are dead wrong. And besides, if SolidCoin *is* found guilty in some way of "undermining the US Dollar" (lol) the exact same charge could be brought against Bitcoin.

Lrn2facts.
johnj

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:21:16 PM

If you think that is the same as mining a SolidCoin, you are dead wrong. And besides, if SolidCoin *is* found guilty in some way of "undermining the US Dollar" (lol) the exact same charge could be brought against Bitcoin.

No.  Bitcoin is open source, and no one in development has ever stated their intent is to subvert governments.  That was fucking retarded on RS's part.

RS screwed up bigtime.

I suggest to anyone who holds/mines SC inside of the US to GET RID OF ANY AND ALL TRACE you ever even had SC on your machine.

Frozenace

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:21:40 PM

It doesn't mean a thing. That statement was in relation to Liberty Dollar, who clearly tried to make a currency that resembles the US dollar.

The last time I looked, the solidcoin logo was still purple.

johnj

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:24:43 PM

It doesn't mean a thing. That statement was in relation to Liberty Dollar, who clearly tried to make a currency that resembles the US dollar.

Hey, maybe your right.  But... maybe I'm right.

The US has a funny way of interpreting laws and precedents - and SC put itself in that test chamber.  Don't be stuck holding the bag.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:26:18 PM

+1 and i hate SC,

That nicely written peice of Legal document does not affect us.
I touch only bitcoins.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Ten98

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:34:50 PM

The US has a funny way of interpreting laws and precedents - and SC put itself in that test chamber.  Don't be stuck holding the bag.

Every post you make you discredit yourself further. I wonder if anyone actually listens to you.
johnj

View Profile
October 28, 2011, 03:44:21 PM

Every post you make you discredit yourself further. I wonder if anyone actually listens to you.

Dude, RS said his goal with 1) to make a currency 2) which is stronger than governments 3) to take over the world.

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but that is some crazy shit.  Crazy shit that I wouldn't want anyone to get wrapped up in due to ignorance.

If you think SC is clean from liability, great.  I don't.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: