Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:48:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$  (Read 1909 times)
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:43:41 PM

funds are the main weapon of a project's success, unless you can invite many people to work for you free. promote the project that you will develop lol
I agree, but wouldnt it fair to conclude that one person can write whitepaper, create landing page, smart contract, and build a community; still having a successful ICO raising millions. Afterwards hire a team with the monies raised
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:44:30 PM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Yes a stable budget is necessary and a main factor for the success of an ICO but it's not always like that. An ICO needs a budget first and foremost because it needs a reliable team, Who would work for an ICO project without a Budget? So it's really necessary. Also, Promotion and advertisements of ICO also requires a lot of money, which is also a main factor for a success of an ICO. So all in all It is really necesssar for an ICO to have a budget.

007_cryptoone

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:49:10 PM

I'm your beautiful fairy, which will bring in your life a lot of interesting things! For example, you get knowledge from me about this profitable project. P2PS
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3267287
https://www.p2psf.org
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:57:31 PM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Yes a stable budget is necessary and a main factor for the success of an ICO but it's not always like that. An ICO needs a budget first and foremost because it needs a reliable team, Who would work for an ICO project without a Budget? So it's really necessary. Also, Promotion and advertisements of ICO also requires a lot of money, which is also a main factor for a success of an ICO. So all in all It is really necesssar for an ICO to have a budget.
So you're saying with marketing and promotion, that the business can't be organically grown?I see a lot of promoters who are willing to be bounties and a lot of listing sites that are free.
raimslii

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:38:15 PM

The minimum budget of the ICO is sufficient for the project to maintain its operations according to the roadmap. In my opinion, the value of the project will increase as they actually bring benefits, favorable project development. They need to do their best, to make the roadmap of a project is not simple. However, when they do that, they can be regarded as having achieved certain success.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:03:40 PM

When I say ICO I mean in preparation to actually doing the Token Sale.
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:07:18 PM

I think yes we have many projects that collect minimum investitions in ico and become one of the leader in the market!But this happening with time only few times that projects with small capital become somthing big in crypto world,becose they cant get even soft cap,peoples is afraid to invest big money now,many scams,fraud ico coming out..

IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:10:29 PM

It is rare for a project to survive without an ico
Because nobody wants to work for free

The teams
The moderators
The admins
The marketers
The whitepaper collator
The website designer

It all costs money
So all projects would eventually need an ico
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:14:52 PM

I think yes we have many projects that collect minimum investitions in ico and become one of the leader in the market!But this happening with time only few times that projects with small capital become somthing big in crypto world,becose they cant get even soft cap,peoples is afraid to invest big money now,many scams,fraud ico coming out..
Wouldn't being transparent and the founders having to complete KYC ensure investors of frauds? In addition, the smart contract can be designed so as if the small cap isn't reached funds will be automatically refunded. 
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:19:28 PM

You should advertise your project before people could see your great idea. If you are a famous person you could advertise it by yourself. If it would be very easy - everyone would do perfect ICO - that's nonsense  Huh
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:38:12 PM

It is rare for a project to survive without an ico
Because nobody wants to work for free

The teams
The moderators
The admins
The marketers
The whitepaper collator
The website designer

It all costs money
So all projects would eventually need an ico

The teams = hired after token sale funds are raised
The moderators = bounties and receive payment in crypto upon a successful tokensale
The admins = bounties and receive payment in crypto upon a successful tokensale
The marketers =bounties
The whitepaper collator = founder can create
The website designer = founder can create

Do you think the above would work?
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:43:24 PM

If you launch an ICO without a budget 95% of your ICO will fail. Because marketing your ICO is really important. And for marketing to succeed, you need to spend some money on the company. And need to pay for the staff of your team

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 08:46:36 PM

If you launch an ICO without a budget 95% of your ICO will fail. Because marketing your ICO is really important. And for marketing to succeed, you need to spend some money on the company. And need to pay for the staff of your team
How was Digitex Futures able to be successful? It doesnt look like they spent much if anything at all on marketing
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:53:40 PM

As far I understand, ICO's are fundraising for projects with a full proof plan, so you don't need funds before starting ICO as long as you can manage everything it takes to manage an ICO like web-design, team member, advisor, developers, marketing manager, other advertising costs and probably a lot more things to make the ICO successful. So, I guess it's quite tough to do it without funds.
Xclusive5

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:01:04 PM

I disagree with you on this because no matter good and important a concept on blockchain, fund or money is very crucial in the realization of the goals and objective of any project. For me, fund is tantamount to success of an ICO project.

virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:03:07 PM

As far I understand, ICO's are fundraising for projects with a full proof plan, so you don't need funds before starting ICO as long as you can manage everything it takes to manage an ICO like web-design, team member, advisor, developers, marketing manager, other advertising costs and probably a lot more things to make the ICO successful. So, I guess it's quite tough to do it without funds.

Those are my exact thoughts. That is my plan. Are advisors really needed? A lot of advisors just want money to be listed on your website.
bling-bling

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 09:04:07 PM

Everything needs something to start off with even with just a small amount. But of course, a project will not go far with a small budget. Imagine gassing up an empty tank with only $2 of fuel. Will you get far enough? I certainly doubt! There's a big chance you won't reach your destination. Same with an ICO, it needs funding in order to move forward and have that chance of becoming successful. Which is why hitting the hard cap will surely support a project into going full thrust.

Tanya12356

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:11:38 PM

How can I launch a project without attachments? In our world, we have to pay for it.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:16:00 PM

It seems as though people are referring to the soft cap and hard cap. Thats not what I'm talking. I'm talking about all steps before actually launching the tokensale and receiving funds for tokens. I'm referring to the process that leads up to the token sale; ie...white paper, landing page, token sale smart contract, bounties, marketing.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:20:42 PM

Well, you can have a successful ICO without paying to any workforce. This happens most times when you have all the manpower needed at your discretion and if they did not demand for money. Else, if you do not have them, you will have to spend what you have to have a successful ICO.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: