Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:39:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$  (Read 1909 times)
organelles

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:25:19 AM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Absolutely, you need money to run a company and same goes with icos, if you want to run a successful one then you would need money to make sure that you are getting the best. Although I don't think that a lot of money is needed to launch an ico but still you need to have money for you to be able to launch a successful ico.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Absolutely, you need money to run a company and same goes with icos, if you want to run a successful one then you would need money to make sure that you are getting the best. Although I don't think that a lot of money is needed to launch an ico but still you need to have money for you to be able to launch a successful ico.
Whats the min you think is needed to launch an ICO?
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:09:38 PM

I also thought about this project and in most cases it seems to me not necessary, because there are always very large investors, but there are projects that really require investment through ICO, I think so.
BitImpact

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:17:05 PM

In order to start an ICO, many things have to be done, and these usually costs $

- Firstly, you would need to list on ICO websites to make your ICO known to the public

- Next, you need a telegram group for your supporters to gather and ask questions about the project. This is the time you'll need community managers to manage the community, and answer any queries investors may have. If you are planning to do a bounty program (to attract more investors), that would mean more funds have to be spent on marketing.

Not forgetting marketing expenses, talent acquisition expenses, and renting of physical office for the project.

Pre-launch costs on an ICO can be quite high, roughly 150k-200k on the conservative side.
AiloveYouks21

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

All projects that hold ICOs and are successful, the project has a large initial capital and many are supported by collaborative partners.
Commitments

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:23:21 PM

maybe yes or maybe not, many ico was success and require for taking profit, but many ico was scam and run away all of investor money. we have choose good ico for require to get earning and take much profit  with ico investment.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:35:02 PM

In order to start an ICO, many things have to be done, and these usually costs $

- Firstly, you would need to list on ICO websites to make your ICO known to the public

- Next, you need a telegram group for your supporters to gather and ask questions about the project. This is the time you'll need community managers to manage the community, and answer any queries investors may have. If you are planning to do a bounty program (to attract more investors), that would mean more funds have to be spent on marketing.

Not forgetting marketing expenses, talent acquisition expenses, and renting of physical office for the project.

Pre-launch costs on an ICO can be quite high, roughly 150k-200k on the conservative side.
I disagree a little. You don't have to necessarily have to pay to be listed on sites. There are several sites in which you can list for free. In addition, marketing using bounty programs is free of charge as you can pay tokens for individuals to spread the word. In addition, you can offer payment for direct referrals in BTC and ETH; these alone will get a lot of promotion. You can go with a Junior team to get you to the ICO; you only need a landing page, back-end, and smart contract. You can purchase a VPS, and users can work remotely. Hence, I feel like an ICO can be launched for under 10K
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:37:17 PM

If you have a really good project preferably with any kind of already developed prototype and good team developers behind it you can succeed with a minimum initial capital, these days most of the projects pay with there own Tokens for a lot of things especially marketing, but there are some expenses that have to pay with real $$, Bitcoin or one of the main Altcoins this expenses you cannot really avoid and are a must.

Good bounty agencies will for sure help you with a lot of this stuff if you have a really good project with a solid team. Either way, you will still have to pitch in some sort of money to get your project kickoff.

You should reach out and connect some of this agencies or bounty managers and discusses with them.
Donggou

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:46:52 PM

I don't think money is the most important thing. I think the most important thing is technology. For example, Ethereum's success last year was related to his technology rather than money.
BitImpact

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 01:47:24 PM

I disagree a little. You don't have to necessarily have to pay to be listed on sites. There are several sites in which you can list for free. In addition, marketing using bounty programs is free of charge as you can pay tokens for individuals to spread the word. In addition, you can offer payment for direct referrals in BTC and ETH; these alone will get a lot of promotion. You can go with a Junior team to get you to the ICO; you only need a landing page, back-end, and smart contract. You can purchase a VPS, and users can work remotely. Hence, I feel like an ICO can be launched for under 10K

Absolutely. You could launch an ICO for less than 10k. However, you also have to take into consideration many things. For example, the current market situation, perspective of investors and how will you stand out amid the sea of ICOs. With less than 10k, you could get things done, however, you wouldn't be able to raise much.

Currently, the market isn't doing all that well, I'm sure everyone knows that. With that being said, investors are being VERY cautious on ICOs, and we've seen how ICOs haven't been doing well lately. I forgot to mention about influencers in the earlier post. With many ICOs coming out, you would need paid release and influencers to help bring your project to the public. All these would cost a lot of money, and would help your ICO get a wider reach.

Marketing in crypto VS traditional is very different.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 01:51:57 PM

I don't think money is the most important thing. I think the most important thing is technology. For example, Ethereum's success last year was related to his technology rather than money.

Lets be practical buddy money matters everywhere our can develop a technology without investing money. You need good developers for a ICO as well as marketing plays a big role here and a unique team lot of things which cannot come without 💰.

chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:01:20 PM

It is difficult to answer this exactly because I never becomes one of the members of the ICO team or developer. So, I don't know whether they actually spend how much dollars. But, I may give some opinions. Whatever the ICO project, I think that it will need fund to build although it is only done by one person as a small ICO. They need budget (even the low budget) for their operating system. However, how small or big will depend on their necessity regarding to the development of the projects. I'm sure that the point is in their ideas, technology, and system that will make them successful in the future.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
danbitcoin1

Activity: 336

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:08:39 PM

Obviously not, less than $100k should be enough to start most of the projects, can raise more later for advertising if it's looking to go well.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:19:15 PM

Obviously not, less than $100k should be enough to start most of the projects, can raise more later for advertising if it's looking to go well.
If not less than $100K. How have some companies been successful with less than $10K?
CokeCoin

Activity: 235

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:26:08 PM

I think we shoudn't divide ICO start-ups and a common start-ups, it's all the same. There are successful start-ups not connected with crypto and blockchain that were run with a min budget. So why ICO start-ups must be different? Everything is possible.

virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:56:05 PM

I think we shoudn't divide ICO start-ups and a common start-ups, it's all the same. There are successful start-ups not connected with crypto and blockchain that were run with a min budget. So why ICO start-ups must be different? Everything is possible.
I'm talking about ICO Startups
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:01:35 PM

working product make the company sucessful. i have seen some icos which wanted to raise 100 million $$$ to build the product but still there is ico like proof suite who just raised 3 million in the ico but the dev were working even before the ico..

virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

working product make the company sucessful. i have seen some icos which wanted to raise 100 million $$$ to build the product but still there is ico like proof suite who just raised 3 million in the ico but the dev were working even before the ico..
did proof suite have an MVP before launching an ICO? I don't think so, but correct me if I'm wrong.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:19:04 PM

This is true in every sense but I think we are missing the important factor here. Before thinking about the money to be raised for ICO, people should be mostly concerned to the team behind it. The developers and other team members should be checked thoroughly if they are really the real person they're portraying to the public. Any ICO can raise significant amount of money with a very useful marketing strategy but it will not safeguard its success if the team behind it has fake identity in it. It can turn out to be a scam project in the end and their devs can just run away with that huge amount of money.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:22:55 PM

This is true in every sense but I think we are missing the important factor here. Before thinking about the money to be raised for ICO, people should be mostly concerned to the team behind it. The developers and other team members should be checked thoroughly if they are really the real person they're portraying to the public. Any ICO can raise significant amount of money with a very useful marketing strategy but it will not safeguard its success if the team behind it has fake identity in it. It can turn out to be a scam project in the end and their devs can just run away with that huge amount of money.
I completely agree. diligence of the team should be performed. In addition to that, people shouldn't doubt new and upcoming individuals in the crypto space that aren't well known. The team has to have a vision, be real, and able to implement everything. Most ICOs have small teams until after the ICO when they bring on a huge team.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: