Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:33:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$  (Read 1909 times)
bharatpatel

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

diceroll.xyz

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:32:52 PM

First of need really great idea with the working product then it's easy to attract the investors. And make a good product, not that much easy job. A good startup needs to give at least 6 months to 1 year for their product and have to validate with the market. Even need a good team, not just transparent profile. Sometimes poor team also leads to failure of the project. 

DiceRoll    |    Probability tool    |    Exchange 
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:37:12 PM

Of course important, achieving an ICO will affect the development of a crypto project. because with a lot of funds, of course, the development will be easier, such as for listing and developing the project itself, with that the price of a token or coin of a project can be more valuable and of course with development that is also perfect, and it also depends on their investors
bahnfire

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:44:49 PM

Icos can be succes without millions of dollars. but past bull market people wanted to send too much money to icos. because of that companies which doing icos realised that. and they are trying to collect biggest amount of mnoey. because they can collect. for example now icos cant collect money in that bear market. and i am expecting these hardcaps will decrease in the future .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:50:28 PM

Icos can be succes without millions of dollars. but past bull market people wanted to send too much money to icos. because of that companies which doing icos realised that. and they are trying to collect biggest amount of mnoey. because they can collect. for example now icos cant collect money in that bear market. and i am expecting these hardcaps will decrease in the future .
Do you think its best to wait for a bull market before launching an ICO?
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:32:34 PM

If you have a really good project preferably with any kind of already developed prototype and good team developers behind it you can succeed with a minimum initial capital, these days most of the projects pay with there own Tokens for a lot of things especially marketing, but there are some expenses that have to pay with real $$, Bitcoin or one of the main Altcoins this expenses you cannot really avoid and are a must.

Good bounty agencies will for sure help you with a lot of this stuff if you have a really good project with a solid team. Either way, you will still have to pitch in some sort of money to get your project kickoff.

You should reach out and connect some of this agencies or bounty managers and discusses with them.
Reality wise, indeed that in order to be a successful project, team needed to have a good capital to start with, though usable product can attract investors in some ways, but making extra ads are also needed to attract more potential investors, from that point its really a money matters to equip your project
to start kicking off and gather more people to help and create community that will support and start the journey of your project.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:37:02 PM

If you have a really good project preferably with any kind of already developed prototype and good team developers behind it you can succeed with a minimum initial capital, these days most of the projects pay with there own Tokens for a lot of things especially marketing, but there are some expenses that have to pay with real $$, Bitcoin or one of the main Altcoins this expenses you cannot really avoid and are a must.

Good bounty agencies will for sure help you with a lot of this stuff if you have a really good project with a solid team. Either way, you will still have to pitch in some sort of money to get your project kickoff.

You should reach out and connect some of this agencies or bounty managers and discusses with them.
Reality wise, indeed that in order to be a successful project, team needed to have a good capital to start with, though usable product can attract investors in some ways, but making extra ads are also needed to attract more potential investors, from that point its really a money matters to equip your project
to start kicking off and gather more people to help and create community that will support and start the journey of your project.
Do you think that creating bounty campaigns offering tokens and paying direct referrals in ETH will beat paying thousands of dollars for marketing?
clasico

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:38:28 PM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Look at the Hydro. I think it's best example to build good vision don't need crowd funding. Also, hydro doing airdrop with huge amount. If you participate airdrop hydro & selling your hydro now. It will worth $694 in hydro

🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴 Global Sharing App / RENTO / Share, Rent, Profit - Everything You want 🔴🔴🔴🔴🔴
Website
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:41:12 PM

Actually making an ICO is quite simple and economical, you just need a good idea and a small amount of developers or team committed to the job, the expense really come when you want to promote that idea, when you want to accelerate things because progress is slow, that's when you're going to start spending money on things like exchanges, marketing, infrastructure, and so on.

virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:46:11 PM

@clasico isn't Hydrocoin conducting an ICO/crowdfunding currently?

@irenegaming exactly whatI've been trying to say. If money needs to spent, that comes from marketing if bounties don't work.
tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:47:40 PM

You need to have a good team indeed. however, you need to have some $$. Without a single penny, how can you think of running an ICO? Are you trying to scam people's $$? It's really shady practice. You should invest some money either-or you can get someone interested to invest in your project/idea.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:50:55 PM

You need to have a good team indeed. however, you need to have some $$. Without a single penny, how can you think of running an ICO? Are you trying to scam people's $$? It's really shady practice. You should invest some money either-or you can get someone interested to invest in your project/idea.
My team is continuing to grow. I'm paying everything out of my own pocket, so the budget is minimum. The idea is great and this project will succeed. We plan on organically growing the community.
sergienkoe

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:03:24 PM

Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Depends on the product that the team wants to create and the motivation of the team.
If the team works for the future and does it for free, the project can be successful.
Do not forget about the fact that listing on exchanges costs a lot of money.
My opinion is that if the project is really good, it will collect the necessary money without problems.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:14:35 PM

Any startup requires some kind of funding at the start. Things i this world works with money and/or influences, which means that not only by goodwill and work you will be able to make something happen in the business world.

You also need some backup capital. Things won't always go as planned. You need to be prepared for when those emergencies show up and in the case of startups, it is almost certain that they will show up.

Be careful of scams. Even when we are 100% sure that capital is required for every startup to have any kind of chance to reach meaningful success out there, some people will always try to take advantage of anything that comes up - In an unfair way.

Some ICOs have wonderful projects behind them, but it's extremely important to know how to differentiate them, so you don't blame all ICOs only for the scams that are around.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:17:18 PM

Any startup requires some kind of funding at the start. Things i this world works with money and/or influences, which means that not only by goodwill and work you will be able to make something happen in the business world.

You also need some backup capital. Things won't always go as planned. You need to be prepared for when those emergencies show up and in the case of startups, it is almost certain that they will show up.

Be careful of scams. Even when we are 100% sure that capital is required for every startup to have any kind of chance to reach meaningful success out there, some people will always try to take advantage of anything that comes up - In an unfair way.

Some ICOs have wonderful projects behind them, but it's extremely important to know how to differentiate them, so you don't blame all ICOs only for the scams that are around.
Good point
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:41:32 PM

A project can be successful without huge capital raised if the team members are crypto enthusiasts.
We have several examples of successful coins without  an ICO. 
Still you need capital for coins listings fees and operational costs and many other stuff, so capital helps to achieve the project targets faster.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 08:52:56 PM

Everybody has ideas and a vision, however very few of these actually translate into something commercially viable. The fact is right now the market sentiment is very poor, people are not investing into ICOs because the risk of failure is so high.

Unless you have absolutely everything going in your favor, you will struggle in this market. For example, you better be working with a huge budget, outstanding team, well developed concept AND have the experience necessary to pull it off against the odds. I don't think any ICOs succeed now without a significant budget, though I would love to be proven wrong (PM ME if you know ICOs that succeeded on a tiny budget recently), I'm genuinely interested.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:00:52 PM

Everybody has ideas and a vision, however very few of these actually translate into something commercially viable. The fact is right now the market sentiment is very poor, people are not investing into ICOs because the risk of failure is so high.

Unless you have absolutely everything going in your favor, you will struggle in this market. For example, you better be working with a huge budget, outstanding team, well developed concept AND have the experience necessary to pull it off against the odds. I don't think any ICOs succeed now without a significant budget, though I would love to be proven wrong (PM ME if you know ICOs that succeeded on a tiny budget recently), I'm genuinely interested.
You can do the research. Checkout Digitex Futures, Betereum, Hydro and many more
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:06:02 PM

You can do the research. Checkout Digitex Futures, Betereum, Hydro and many more

Most of these did not raise their funds in 2018, it is now a completely different market than last year when almost every ICO managed to reach their soft cap. I don't think there has been a single ICO raise a $5m+ soft cap in since June this year without at least $250,000 in funding.
virtualinvestor770 (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:14:45 PM

Most of these did not raise their funds in 2018, it is now a completely different market than last year when almost every ICO managed to reach their soft cap. I don't think there has been a single ICO raise a $5m+ soft cap in since June this year without at least $250,000 in funding.
I completely agree that you're saying. We are waiting for the market to turn around so our chances of success will be greater. This is going to be the first of it's kind on block chain technology
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 10:23:44 PM

Do you think its best to wait for a bull market before launching an ICO?

Yes, currently I am waiting for the bullmarket to come before i launch my ICO . Doing a small PRE ICO to have the funds to launch when it happens.The long story yes u need money to hire advisors etc etc., Of course, you can do some things on a budget, in the end, you need some seed money to start

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀