Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:40:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 thing you have to check before Investing in ICO company.  (Read 1533 times)
hoaryal1 (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 08:46:31 AM

Before I start, the best tip I have for you regarding ICO's is that every ICO is a scam until you prove you're self differently, only when you 100% sure you can start thinking of investing, and there is a lot of great projects out there.

1- READ THE WHITE PAPER! you have to understand what this project all about, read it all and read it under consideration

2- Telegram, If it active and have a lot of traffic and strong commentary Its a defiantly a good sign

3- The company tech team. The tech team should be with experience and knowledge relevant to the project, remember the engineers are what motor the idea, without a good tech team even the most amazing idea will collapse, example :

4- PR team- PR is one of the most important parameters when you look at ICO team, even if the idea is great without the right audience to acknowledge it and exposure it won't be able to make it,  for more regarding this subject ICO Marketing Guide

5- Compare the ICO to competitors-A thorough analysis of existing competitors to gauge if there are similar products or solutions in the current market. If so, identify the salient features of this project that are likely to beat out the competition that exists.

GuerrillaBuzz is taking marketing to the next level by creating and distributing content in the crypto world. We've helped our clients to raise more than $100 Million.
GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing, Cryptocurrency & Blockchain PR company
https://guerrillabuzz.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:18:08 AM

2- Telegram, If it active and have a lot of traffic and strong commentary Its a defiantly a good sign

Do you know that Telegram users can be bought? Do you know there are groups who are being paid to maintain the activity of a telegram group? Majority of the ICOs actually opt for their services. They also offer a range of users to the owners. They can buy anything from 1k to 30k users for their telegram group. So I really can't consider this particular factor as a sign of a good ICO because we don't know whether the members and the activities are being funded by the ICO owners, there's no way to check it!

BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2072
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 09:38:53 AM

I think once you're done looking into these you should then go on to investigate the following to really cement your choice.

1. Does the team have an excellent track record of raising capital and bringing complex products to market?
2. How realistic is the road map? Are the funds they are looking to raise sufficient to bring it to life?
3. Who are their partners, check the partners website to see if they really are partnered, or if their partners are just a paid PR firm.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18512

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:38:48 PM

Yeah, it is trivially easy to bump up you Facebook/Twitter/Telegram/Discord/etc with fake likes/views/tweets/subscribes/posts/whatever. Similarly, it is trivially easy to create fake Linkedin profiles and a fake team and fake advisors or partners with fake connections.

I would suggest you take a look at this thread: Guidelines, how to spot a scam ICO & report effectively. ✔
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 01:45:56 PM

Here I want to add one more important parameter. This is the presence of large investors and partners.

adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 01:49:02 PM

Few points you mentioned are just vague. Just reading the whitepaper won't help. They can just blabber what ever they want on their white paper. The main thing we need to figure out is that if they can deliver what they promised. Most project fails to give us even a working demo platform, let alone completing a full project. Secondly, you trust their social media at all. Fake traffics and interactions can be made easily by just spending few bucks.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Fred3030

Activity: 728
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 01:54:03 PM

You mention some good points, although I am not in same line with you as it concerns the whitepaper reading point. So many projects today are just white paper project and for months after completing their ico no development of the project has been done. All have remained as just proposals on whitepaper. I think its hard time we look at ico that already have a working product before soliciting for funds and not just a project starting from scratch.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Oracolcoin XOR    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:00:42 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

Sorry, but these recommendations are complete BS.

Most ICOs are simply scam, no matter their whitepaper, their Telegram channel or PR team.

The only thing I would look for would be independently audited financial statements of the company history of at least three years. I have yet to find an ICO that did provide this.
TheBitcoinBadger10

Activity: 261
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:36:41 PM

Seeing the whitepaper and the team is important. But telegram would be something that the majority will not take account of. Because they have paid reviews too and that creates biased reviews. But so far, all the other criteria are alright.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:51:38 PM

Your picture example was kind of weird and I didn't know there are ICO that has sex toys as their main product for a token, But I think that is not a common thing and I really think that in taking a pick for a good ICO was its product and services that are very reliable to the consumers and a unique one such as these sex toys that are manufactured by Tao Ke and Beiquan Zhu, I really think that would have tremendous overtake for sales and would should let consumers bound with curiosity if this would be a hit in the market.
MegaDots

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:39:37 PM

There is only one thing which I find to be not so useful and that is Telegram. The main reason is that it has had allegations of endorsing paid reviews. And if we do make decision based on biased reviews, then that will prove fatal to us.
ChaChaiTL

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:47:52 PM

Prior to investing in coin buys at a certain ico program or checking it's site under their purchase contract and checking the amount of funds they have mobilized.
Austino1

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:00:13 PM

To me Five things that worth considering before investing in ICO company 1. I will firstly consider there importance that is the problem it will solve and how it tends to solve the problems 2.Coin/Token
 Website 3. Management Team 4. SocialMedia Channel/Communities 5. Competition
Akmallesy

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

thank you for sharing useful knowledge, but that all does not guarantee that a project will be successful but this is some that we can see to participate in a project so that we are not in vain in the future.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:03:50 PM

Most ICOs are simply scam, no matter their whitepaper, their Telegram channel or PR team.

The only thing I would look for would be independently audited financial statements of the company history of at least three years. I have yet to find an ICO that did provide this.

They will not be able to provide because most of the ICOs are startups or just ideas of man and then he built a team. Some ICOs though that have an existing product, who's now doing ICO to gain fund, can maybe provide these details. Well, if they wanted everything to be in public, some ICOs tend to decline when asked about these details.
Chachen19

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:09:53 PM

Can you share with me the experience to check 5 things before deciding which investment to choose ico to invest ico and firmly grasp the profit? I believe you will have great experiences
tadung8790

Activity: 62

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:14:31 PM

tks bro for your advice <3
but i think you need do it with all comany before Investing in.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 02:18:42 PM

Do you know that Telegram users can be bought? Do you know there are groups who are being paid to maintain the activity of a telegram group? Majority of the ICOs actually opt for their services. They also offer a range of users to the owners. They can buy anything from 1k to 30k users for their telegram group. So I really can't consider this particular factor as a sign of a good ICO because we don't know whether the members and the activities are being funded by the ICO owners, there's no way to check it!

Agree. Some telegram users are just for the bounty and also some bots. So, mostly of the people questioning some questions for the "project" are those people wanted to boost the project to make it look like its real.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18512

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:32:05 PM

They will not be able to provide because most of the ICOs are startups or just ideas of man and then he built a team. Some ICOs though that have an existing product, who's now doing ICO to gain fund, can maybe provide these details. Well, if they wanted everything to be in public, some ICOs tend to decline when asked about these details.

They will not be able to provide because most ICOs are scams.

If the ICO has a genuine product, then they will have accounts and financial statements. If the ICO is just the ideas of one guy and he is building a team, and has no product, company, accounts, development, or anything at all except an idea, then sending them your money is insane. If the ICO is declining to make these things public, then again, they are a scam.
zolfa

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 03:42:38 PM

thank you for the information, but in my opinion, the most important and we must think about before choosing an ICO is the team's credibility.

the team has a big influence on the launch of coins in every exchange.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: