Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 11:11:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boring Ethereum  (Read 818 times)
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:01:14 PM

Ethereum has been experiencing such bad days lately that it seems that the investor is extremely sick and will continue to do so for a while. Unfortunately, we are in a downward trend because of the decreasing market volume, the start of investors' withdrawal from this option and the decrease in interest in ICO projects. Whenever we make an estimate of each new dip point, we actually arrive at the conclusion that even this point is a peak. It is difficult to predict how long this will continue, but I believe that the intense pressure on Ethereum will continue and the price will tend to be negative unless the bull period is entered. After the bull period, a new record is coming, but it is a reality that will get rid of the downward trend.
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:01:35 PM

at this time it is quite surprising that ethereum seems too low and this is quite confusing and can be boring for those who have been holding on to ethereum because it usually remains stable compared to other altcoins. but there are still many who do not get bored and remain loyal by holding ethereum because it is the second best coin after bitcoin.
kiansantan

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:01:48 PM

Ethereum and Bitcoin are one of the top choices that are good for investing and hopefully before the end of the year the market will rise.
For now it is difficult to predict whether all the time will be high this year, see market movements, recovery has not yet begun.
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:09:55 PM

who else notice the boring part of ethereum for the past month now?
I'm actually fed up for it day by day losing out price.
Who else thinks or notice that ethereum can make it to $1k in 2018 again, or what do you guys think.

Like things stand right now on the market, I do not think the price of Ethereum will be able to exceed $ 1,000 this year. It will be a difficult task. If we leave a side and not so good predictions for Ethereum as a whole. I think $ 800 is the maximum limit we can expect.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

Who else thinks or notice that ethereum can make it to $1k in 2018 again, or what do you guys think.

Like things stand right now on the market, I do not think the price of Ethereum will be able to exceed $ 1,000 this year. It will be a difficult task. If we leave a side and not so good predictions for Ethereum as a whole. I think $ 800 is the maximum limit we can expect.
That would be a hard call to make. Ethereum may have been boring but that is simply just part of the market and there is no sign yet for any bullish activity on Ethereum. There are other markets anyway to still take advantage of while Ethereum gets to find a bottom which I feel is getting closer. Patience though in entering a position while waiting for market to develop is one important thing to always take note of.
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 07:18:14 PM

The boring part is when I decided to bought it at $300 and see a sloppy down before the next day, buy then I already noticed how boring ethereum has been this year. About the $1k am 100% sure we can see it happening again this year because we're already in the 9th month of the year so if ethereum is gonna make a change up that should have started around June, but who am I to predict what the future is.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
cris17

Activity: 640
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:34:17 PM

Low, does not mean boring) It's a good time to buy it and hold till the time market will be fully recovered. And I'm sure we will see ETH back to 1000$, we need to be patient.
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:55:19 PM

Ethereum might be boring from the beginning of this year but do you think that can actually stop the price from hitting $1000 above, the problem crypto had is no one can predict what will happen in the next one month so I think let just keep observing the market and see what will happen before the year runs out. And let us all have the faith that the good will happen.

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
anume123

Activity: 700

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:10:44 AM

I think the price of ethereum will fall even so people can say it that's why the ethereum is now boring and the slight rise of the ethereum seems to me as well as the bitcoin as well as the fact that they have fallen together.

Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:20:08 AM

I suggest you read an interesting article Jeremy Rubin(Bitcoin Core Developer and technical consultant Stellar), it's called "The collapse of ETH is inevitable".  And so same the answer Vitalik Buterin on this article. This should add a little understanding to the situation.

It is true that the collapse of ETH is inevitable but that also applies to other altcoins, isn't it? There is always a possibilities that the article you are referring to was only made to destroy the credibility of the ethereum to bring its price down where in fact, the creator of the article itself was also bullish to grab that altcoin on its lowest price. What do you think? There is ALWAYS a possibility that it was only a false or paid article to destroy one another. Well, you will be surprise and will think a big future is incoming for ethereum after reading this article.

Google Adds Ethereum Blockchain Dataset to Its Big Data Analytics Platform
--> https://cointelegraph.com/news/google-adds-ethereum-blockchain-dataset-to-its-big-data-analytics-platform
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:38:23 AM

I am wondering what is happening to ethereum, my best coin. Ethereum is performing very bad and its prices are declining rapidly as compared to other coins. Here I can suggest that people may invest in other coins than already established coins. MTC is a new coin which was introduced just three months ago. And its prices peaked at $ 0.41 just after one month, now stands at around $ 0.07, and is projected to reach $0.50 in coming month. On top of that, it will provide bonus tokens to its holders for the next two consecutive years.

kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 06:52:15 AM

ethereum was in a difficult circumstance indeed for some time. expect results from ethereum enough to be a difficult thing to achieve and even quite often experience a sharp price drop. to reach the $1 k can just be going but somehow this year can be achieved or not is still a hard thing to know.

wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:59:46 AM

If I myself will never feel bored with the ethereum. Because now the right moment to hodl. While it is indeed either until when. but hopefully soon be scrapped.
rinkujaglan

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 07:03:18 AM

Ethereum is stable for a long time, so now it should be require to increasing its to take step and strictly implement on it. For these implementation these should be need of new strategic and advance technology that should stream following in progress level.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:04:51 AM

Ethereum is burning like a candle on the market and with this dip, investors and bounty hunters are on their toes with an aggressive face and eyes always checking the rise in the price.
Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:05:51 AM

It may be boring to you since you expect too much. You expect to have profits the soonest time. Things don't go that way. I have some advice, considering the trend for the past months of the most coins, sell some amount when the price rises for about 20% compared to its previous week's price and then have a buy order much lower than what you have sold. The market is too shaky, but I see this trend repeats for the past months now that's why I still had some profits even in the current situation. I tell you, it will not be boring.
jay sd

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:08:01 AM

We cannot tell anything for 100% sure in this industry. Who thought that the price of ETH and BTC may fall to this level? Lots of experts predicted that those 2 major coins will not come to this level. But it happened. when we see the recent market we cannot expect that the ETH will reach $1000 level this year.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:11:12 AM

I suggest you read an interesting article Jeremy Rubin(Bitcoin Core Developer and technical consultant Stellar), it's called "The collapse of ETH is inevitable".  And so same the answer Vitalik Buterin on this article. This should add a little understanding to the situation.

link ?

vbuterinEthereum - Vitalik Buterin • 3d
I obviously have every incentive to disagree with this, but I think there are quite a few very critical economic and technical details that the article is missing.

TLDR: we are likely not doing full "economic abstraction".

Here is the core of their argument:

Suppose we’re building a new decentralized application, BuzzwordCoin. By default, following a standard ERC-20 Token template, every transaction on BuzzwordCoin will pay gas in $ETH. Requiring every BuzzwordCoin transaction to also depend on ETH for fees creates substantial risk, third party dependency, and artificial downwards pressure on the price of the underlying token (if one must sell BuzzwordCoin for ETH ahead of time to run a BuzzwordCoin transaction, then the sell-pressure will happen before the transaction requires it, and must be a larger sale than necessary to ensure sufficient funds to cover the transaction).

Instead of paying for Gas in ETH, we could make every BuzzwordCoin transaction deposit a small amount of BuzzwordCoin directly to the block’s miner’s address to pay for the contract’s execution. Paying for Gas in a non-ETH asset is sometimes referred to as economic abstraction in the Ethereum community.

In Ethereum as it presently exists, this is absolutely true, and in fact if Ethereum were not to change, all parts of the author's argument (except the part about proof of stake, which would not even apply to Ethereum as it is today) would be correct. However, the community is strongly considering two proposals, both of which have the property that they enshrine the need to pay ETH at protocol level, and furthermore the ETH gets burned, so there's no way to de-facto take it out of the loop by making the medium-of-exchange loop go faster. The proposals are:

The modified fee market described in the draft paper here: https://ethresear.ch/t/draft-position-paper-on-resource-pricing/2838 , where average gas usage is targeted to 50% of a (2x higher than today) gas limit, using a self-adjusting minimum transaction fee to do the targeting, where the minimum fee gets burned. This fee would be charged to the block proposer, so the block proposer could charge fees in spankchain tokens or whatever other ERC20, but the block proposer would still be responsible for coming up with the ETH to pay the minfee.

Storage maintenance fees (aka "rent"): pay N wei per byte per block to keep data in storage, or else it gets "hibernated" and you need to submit a Merkle proof to revive it. This fee also gets burned.

By my guesses, well over 2/3 of transaction fees paid could end up being burned through these mechanisms.

Without ETH, a modified version of Proof-of-Stake with a multitude of assets could still decide consensus if each node selects a weight vector for the voting power of all assets (let’s call it HD-PoS, or Heterogeneous Deposit Proof Of Stake). While it is an open research question to show under which conditions HD-PoS would maintain consensus, consensus may be possible if the weight vectors are similar enough.

I actually looked into this back in 2015, and heterogeneous deposit PoS is very hard (maybe impossible) to get right. The problem is, how does the protocol know the ratios between the values of the tokens? One could use an in-protocol decentralized exchange, but (i) this would need to be subsidized to be secure, and (ii) one can construct "pathological tokens" that have rules that are designed to treat any in-protocol penalties as a no-op. So doing this securely would possibly depend on some form of "on-chain governance", which is obviously a huge attack vector ( https://vitalik.ca/general/2018/03/28/plutocracy.html ).

So if the community is not doing HD-POS, then depositing ETH becomes the only way to get access to transaction fee revenues. So altogether, the equilibrium value of ETH in this scenario under even a standard "discounted future returns" model is very much nonzero.

Edit: just saw this:

Detractors of economic abstraction (notably, Vitalik Buterin) argue that the added complexity is not worth the ecosystem gains. This argument is absurd. If the software doesn’t support the needs of rational users, then the software should be amended. Furthermore, the actual wallet software required for any given token is made much more complex, as the wallet must manage balances in both ETH and the application’s token.

Economic abstraction can still happen at the user level; users could pay in spankchain tokens, but the block proposers would still need to cough up ETH. One could also use intermediate solutions, where third parties create "wrapper transactions" that take the fees for operations from users that are paid in spankchain tokens, and the third parties provide the ETH to the block proposer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/9ch5ls/comment/e5av470
umrohyuk

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:12:26 AM

Me to, I have been waiting for a long time Eethereum increasing the price, in fact now the price movement of ethereum is going to down and down. It seems losing out the price and value day by day. Will the ethereum lose or remove from the market cap?

Indeed, many people say that Ethereum has a good principle and foundation, and it is the second strong in the crypto due to high transactions, but now it makes the holder are scary and wondering.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 07:15:09 AM

Ethereum is good and wonderful. I like the fact that you can make life important situations and decision happen with ethereum. But right now as an investor, ethereum has lost me some money and I'm just going to wait it out;

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: