Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:49:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many people feel that the Crypto-market is being manipulated?
For sure, all the way. - 14 (41.2%)
Quite a bit. - 13 (38.2%)
A little. - 4 (11.8%)
Not much at all, actually. - 2 (5.9%)
Never. - 1 (2.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market manipulation  (Read 908 times)
Holucoin10

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 09:55:41 PM

When you see a huge drop in a coins price, people will sometimes blame it on whales that are dumping on the market. Whales are people or possibly a group of people working together to hold a large percentage of that coin and can use this to their advantage to manipulate the price of a coin to the desired price. Typically when this occurs "weak hands" will start panic selling so they can buy back into the coin at a cheaper price. Not always does his tacit work in the whales favor.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JackdunR

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:01:04 PM

I think no one can manipulate the market as it is now, because now the price is very low, the lowest possible, so I think this is the fall and the main reason for us to see that the market will not rise. head back
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:20:38 PM

I think that bitcoin and the whole crypto was invented and created for manipulating and managing the population. To do this, advertising crypto as a decentralized currency that can not be traced.

No thats untrue, this wasn't the cause of building the crypto world.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:32:48 PM

I think no one can manipulate the market as it is now, because now the price is very low, the lowest possible, so I think this is the fall and the main reason for us to see that the market will not rise. head back
Whales can maniputale the market and they can dump this market deeper. So I really think we are being manipulated by a greedy whales since last year. This is quiet normal now in cryptomarket but I still hoping for the best in the future. Worldwide regulation maybe can prevent the manipulation, hopefully.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:33:42 PM

Yes, I think too that the big whales are manipulate the crypto market but that was for a short time. They can't manipulate the whole crypto market for a long time! And, manipulation is not involved in the reduction of current prices. I think government or ETF is involved in any way.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
ziac
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:42:20 PM

Its quite obvious whales dumping causing panic and playing with the volatility of market.. Market crash hard after goldman sach fud then another release its that was a fake and exagerrated news.

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:59:05 PM

Back in 2017 it was published that certain powers will crack down on cryptocurrency in 2018. Comments by institutional representatives like "oh there just kids playing in the sand box. They'll lose interest soon." leave some wondering what they meant by these statements. Some say that the moment BTC Futures came online, the market just started tanking, and never really stopped. The double, or is it triple dip that happened here in mid Sept seemed odd to many. Commentators claimed that "unusual market activity" occurred just before it tanked. Many chalked it up to a decision by Goldman Sachs but do their choices really matter THAT much to average traders? Do you feel this market just flows naturally and it's just weak hands throwing money into the wind again and again? Or do you feel that there is a more sinister hand at work here? 

As for the Bitcoin future contracts, I still have mix emotions if they are the cause of the bearish trend and the free fall of bitcoin price. Maybe when they entered the picture there are a lot of noob investor who don't know what Bitcoin future contracts is and just FOMO the hell out of it. So it bubbled and 2018 was the year it was burst.

This market is prone to manipulation because crypto is a speculative market. I believed that the market will take its natural course just like prior years, it will bubble the pop, then go on a bearish or hibernation phase and then go up again. As for the weak hands, we might see them getting smarter as time goes by but there's are a lot of people waiting and willing to throw their money so the cycle continues.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:52:15 AM

Crypto market can be manipulated because many investor have athousand BTC and they is early adopter of crypto, they can to manipulated the price to make more profit. Market manipulation not only happen in crypto market but also in stocks market. So i think this is can not be avoided because many big investor want to make more profit.

www.crypago.com (OP)

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:09:38 AM

I think it is not about market manipulation anymore. It is about people's foolishness! One someone popular saif negative about Bitcoin, people will usually sell their coins without doing some research if the statement of that popular person is true. People tend to idolize other people who achieved something that they didn't.
Fair enough but they don't seem to buy i that much on the good news.. Coud it be bad news, followed by a major sell off to spark te downtrend? so many times there is a big dump for no reason.
www.crypago.com (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:10:37 AM

Crypto market can be manipulated because many investor have athousand BTC and they is early adopter of crypto, they can to manipulated the price to make more profit. Market manipulation not only happen in crypto market but also in stocks market. So i think this is can not be avoided because many big investor want to make more profit.
I guess I don't see how selling on the open market causing a major crash helps them.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:36:33 AM

I was expecting that For Sure all the way will get more votes and thats what happening here. Yes, everyone knows very well that market manipulation is prime business here to make some good fortune. Who does that ? Off course the whales are big players in that and they will always keep doing such things all the time for their own benefit. They dont care if you are loosing money because in this game someone has to loose their money so that others can gain from it. For example, whenever there is panic seller who is selling his BTC at cheap rates then at the same time whales would be buying it. And create situation like this, market needs to be manipulated badly and they do it all the time.
www.crypago.com (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:29:25 AM

I was expecting that For Sure all the way will get more votes and thats what happening here. Yes, everyone knows very well that market manipulation is prime business here to make some good fortune. Who does that ? Off course the whales are big players in that and they will always keep doing such things all the time for their own benefit. They dont care if you are loosing money because in this game someone has to loose their money so that others can gain from it. For example, whenever there is panic seller who is selling his BTC at cheap rates then at the same time whales would be buying it. And create situation like this, market needs to be manipulated badly and they do it all the time.
I guess what I don't understand is how they make money if they sell at a loss? If they are pumping and dumping, then why is there more dumping than pumping?
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:09:24 AM

I guess what I don't understand is how they make money if they sell at a loss? If they are pumping and dumping, then why is there more dumping than pumping?

They don't sell at a loss

Intentionally they are buying at cheap price from panicking people

then Its where the pump comes in

an easy profit from the whales

Though sometimes whales, eat their own

www.crypago.com (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:09:42 AM

They don't sell at a loss

Intentionally they are buying at cheap price from panicking people

then Its where the pump comes in

an easy profit from the whales

Though sometimes whales, eat their own

but where is the pump? It's just a downward spiral no matter what.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:34:57 AM

Do you feel this market just flows naturally and it's just weak hands throwing money into the wind again and again? Or do you feel that there is a more sinister hand at work here? 
There's nothing natural or organic about the recent dump. IMO it was clearly an attempt by the whales to trigger a new round of panic selling so that other whales can buy cheap.

How do you know? If some people unload some large positions at a price resistance, is that wrong? Maybe they just thought it was a good place to sell because they expected price to drop. How do you know it's whales and not lots of smaller holders?

Crypto market can be manipulated because many investor have athousand BTC and they is early adopter of crypto, they can to manipulated the price to make more profit. 

These beliefs people have about whales aren't grounded in reality. Bitcoin's entire price history is up-up-up, with thin books everywhere you look. You really think whales who dump hundreds or thousands of coins are always able to recoup them? No way! Lots of whales have been harpooned and are just little fish like everyone else now. Coins have been distributed a lot over the past several years.

manggis97

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:16:57 AM

Market manipulation can be happen not only in crypto market  but also in stocks market,  this is can be possible because the trading volume and the market cap of that asset is small . I found many telegram channel that want to pump the price of the coin with given signal to many trader, that also is price manipulation.   When the market cap of asset consist of A trillion will be hard to manipulate it like gold that consist of more than $7 trillion so will be hard to manipulate the price.

Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:23:21 AM

IMO only whales can manipulate the market, if they want to get huge income they starting to pump and dump the value of coin once they reach the target investors they will stop and bring back the value at the normal, that is why if you are investor be wise and dont be too greedy just focus on the major coins in the market that makes your feeling more comfortable to invest.

Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 09:28:19 AM

Joining them together will be equal to a big dump which is happening right now.

But I do have a theory that a larger percentage came from the weak hands.
Why?
The news that was spread was so wrong.
Exampels:

ICO's will make you rich in just a little amount of time.(Anyone remembers the kid's blog?)

Bitcoin jumps to 20k USD.
ETH at 1k and more.

All of these leads to new people coming to crypto industry thinks it will be fast profits.
But it didnt happen. So where will they go?

I remember one lady in telegram talking about her family laughing at her.
This is the truth. Just so they wont be embarassed with their friends and families they decided to go sell out.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:41:35 AM

IMO only whales can manipulate the market, if they want to get huge income they starting to pump and dump the value of coin once they reach the target investors they will stop and bring back the value at the normal, that is why if you are investor be wise and dont be too greedy just focus on the major coins in the market that makes your feeling more comfortable to invest.

Well they're the only ones who have the means to move the market with the amount they're holding. And i agree, this is something that's alreadt beyond us regular traders and holders so we just have to learn how to cope with how they play the market.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Kira_lapa

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:38:24 AM

I, too, share the view that the market is being manipulated. Because there are cases when the market either does not react to news, or reacts not as the majority expects from it. It is too unpredictable, it is impossible to give an accurate prediction.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: