Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges  (Read 81473 times)
frankeh

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:01:34 AM

Difficulty    766.39767367  Huh
BBristow79

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:01:46 AM

Pools are reporting correctly. If you're in a pool that recently found a block it will show a decent coin/day rate basing its calculation off the information it has.

The coin is broken. Without KGW in place, it has at re-target of 1 block. The 1 block re-target non KGW is very flawed. If you get lucky and get a coin really quickly it will whammy you with what we have right now which is 25 min between blocks. Once the next block gets found (during the 25 min window) it will set the difficulty really low to make up for the last block. Then that one gets picked up too quickly and back we are again at the 25 min re-target.

Each pool depending on if they found a block recently will change their estimates on how many coins you can mine in a day. If they found one recently you have a higher rate, if you haven't you get a lower rate.

All simple calculations. The coin will need a fork to change the 1 target to at least 10 until KGW is implemented
crescent

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:02:26 AM

A couple people said that they were not seeing the cool graphics and background we used for the wallet. Many people also said graphics were working fine, but we digress. We have since updated the download to work for everyone. If you were having the graphics issue and would like to use the fancy wallet, please redownload here: https://mega.co.nz/#!wtoXGZDD!Z4lyJhgDTqv7vExOs8UZs9tRTIs0pYicAHCX0JmLK2Y

No password necessary.

That did the trick.
NamunX

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:04:53 AM

Mining at http://pi.hashing.at

Now just waiting for my earned coins to be confirmed, looks like it's gonna take a while.  Also auto payout seems broke.

Let me know what problem you have with auto payout, so I can take a look ?
If I set a number for auto payout, enter my pin, then click on Update PI Options it appears to have worked.  Then if I switch to any other page and return back my auto payout is back at 0.

Holding coins in an online wallet makes me nervous.  Embarrassed

Hey thanks a lot for the report.

Actually the information was saved but it wasn't displayed ... defaulting to 0 always. It was just a visual bug ... but anyways .. a bug is a bug Smiley

Is fixed now.
loljosh

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:05:17 AM

Add these nodes:

Code:
addnode=107.170.231.15
addnode=50.174.64.187
addnode=148.251.12.124
addnode=98.126.255.243

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
nemesisshaw

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:06:01 AM

Mining at http://pi.hashing.at

Now just waiting for my earned coins to be confirmed, looks like it's gonna take a while.  Also auto payout seems broke.

Let me know what problem you have with auto payout, so I can take a look ?
I just checked again and it's set properly.  I am going to shun myself and say I just need to be more patient.  I'm not used to being part of a coin that didn't majorly botch its launch!

PICoin: 59DKwFQFuRAWSXgZxcjt6264TP8wAu4kKf
userpacman1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:07:13 AM

Pools are reporting correctly. If you're in a pool that recently found a block it will show a decent coin/day rate basing its calculation off the information it has.

The coin is broken. Without KGW in place, it has at re-target of 1 block. The 1 block re-target non KGW is very flawed. If you get lucky and get a coin really quickly it will whammy you with what we have right now which is 25 min between blocks. Once the next block gets found (during the 25 min window) it will set the difficulty really low to make up for the last block. Then that one gets picked up too quickly and back we are again at the 25 min re-target.

Each pool depending on if they found a block recently will change their estimates on how many coins you can mine in a day. If they found one recently you have a higher rate, if you haven't you get a lower rate.

All simple calculations. The coin will need a fork to change the 1 target to at least 10 until KGW is implemented

Absolutely true.
hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:09:02 AM

Houston we have a problem  Wink

Diff 409 is not compatible with whole network hashrate..
Agreed.What's wrong with this coin.I won't lose electricity to mine this shit.

userpacman1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:09:49 AM

This is what is going wrong :

swiftraitor

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:10:07 AM

Once it gets on exchanges you will loose your shit to mine this coin  Roll Eyes
renegadepcsolutions

Activity: 182

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:12:02 AM

No, your pools are NOT reporting correctly.

See the given reward for each block as it sits... then look at your pool stats per-user... and tell me that it's reporting correctly.

So far, Hashing.at is the ONLY pool reporting correctly.

Do the math.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
drumingspz

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:20:56 AM

See the given reward for each block as it sits... then look at your pool stats per-user... and tell me that it's reporting correctly.

Do the math.

Go away troll

░░░░░░░▄▄█████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄██████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████▄▄░░░░░░
░░▄██████████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░
██████████████████████▄░░░░░░░░░░▄████████████████▄░░
▄███████████████████████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████▄░░░▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████▀░░░░░▀████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀░░░░░░░░░▀█████████████████▀░░
░░███████████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████▀░░░░
░░░▀███████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░
░░░░░░▀█████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
mira  ▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄
Cryptocurrencies have never been so easy
▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ● ● ▬
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter White Paper Google+
▀▀
██

██

██

██

██

██
▄▄

[/center]
BBristow79

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:25:21 AM

Do the math.

I can't help you understand something. That's up to you. Until then I'd focus my efforts on the facts and less accusations.
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:27:04 AM

Go away troll

I'm not trolling. I'm pointing out the facts.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

I'm only trying to save people the time they would waste at these other pools that have a broken payout system.

I already have over 3000pi unconfirmed on hashing.at... at 800kh/s, whereas people are mining at 10+MH/s and barely making an estimated 80pi per day at other pools.

If that's the case, then those pools have the WRONG SYSTEM, and SERIOUSLY need to get ahold of the DEV... if that's NOT the case, and hashing.at has the wrong system... then THEY need to get ahold of the DEV.

HOWEVER, doing the math, of each block putting out 314,159pi, nobody should be making 80pi per day until LATE in the game... not on LAUNCH day.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.  -John F. Kennedy
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:28:08 AM

The proof is in the math.

Do the math... prove me wrong if you think you can.

BBristow79

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:29:17 AM

Go away troll

I'm not trolling. I'm pointing out the facts.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

I'm only trying to save people the time they would waste at these other pools that have a broken payout system.

I already have over 3000pi unconfirmed on hashing.at... at 800kh/s, whereas people are mining at 10+MH/s and barely making an estimated 80pi per day at other pools.

If that's the case, then those pools have the WRONG SYSTEM, and SERIOUSLY need to get ahold of the DEV... if that's NOT the case, and hashing.at has the wrong system... then THEY need to get ahold of the DEV.

HOWEVER, doing the math, of each block putting out 314,159pi, nobody should be making 80pi per day until LATE in the game... not on LAUNCH day.

Swing and a miss. I bet your pool got one of the first blocks. I also would wager that since that time the amount of coins per day is going down. Keep an eye on it and let me know if I'm wrong.

Edit - You may actually need another input before it recalculates. I'm not sure how it works. If it doesn't go down with time it will with a second or third block found.
NamunX

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:32:59 AM

There is a simple fix to this issue ... editing the configuration file and setting the correct amount of coins, generated by each block ... which is 314159 as you pointed out.

It just seems people are ignorant ... I mean ... it takes like what ... 10 seconds to change a number ?

By the way ... Current Difficulty: 2573.73161268 ...
renegadepcsolutions

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:34:48 AM

There is a simple fix to this issue ... editing the configuration file and setting the correct amount of coins, generated by each block ... which is 314159 as you pointed out.

It just seems people are ignorant ... I mean ... it takes like what ... 10 seconds to change a number ?

Someone buy this man a beer.

duazo

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:37:17 AM

Net hashrate 7.33 GH/s... what? I don't even... that's not correct, surely?

BTC: 141svhv9AsMLgsXDjhvZwWagRUpGWYptRE
DRK: XrnVid6U2kvTP77EifHtgxe3tEovUFK45B
IFC: iHEo7CrpQhLaTKeBxHaSvfVLTvQq1M5UcW
BBristow79

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:38:23 AM

Wow that could take a really really long time to find. I was hoping for good things on this coin. I guess the dev's didn't test the coin or more likely didn't load test it to determine with more people comes more variation on a 1 block re-calculation. This could take a day to find...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: