Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:05:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reducing scam  (Read 17832 times)
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

Kind time of the day, with every day in ICO we meet more and more fraud. It is clear that no one forces us to invest in these projects. But the idea of ​​a cryptocurrency does not imply any regulatory department. What do you think that could help in solving this problem? I just see only that the advisors were responsible, or they took a pledge from the projects they are entering.
I think we could not do anything about reducing scam ICOs. But if you are an investor actively participating in an ICO you like. Then better research about the team and advisors.
taguig
Copper Member

Activity: 479
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:27:48 PM

Kind time of the day, with every day in ICO we meet more and more fraud. It is clear that no one forces us to invest in these projects. But the idea of ​​a cryptocurrency does not imply any regulatory department. What do you think that could help in solving this problem? I just see only that the advisors were responsible, or they took a pledge from the projects they are entering.

There is a new system I read about Daico The idea was suggested by Vitalik Buterin in January 2018 and is aimed at making ICO’s more secure by involving investors in the initial project development process I think if this concept is fully developed we will have less fraud ICO and ICO will be lively and profitable again.
Romeoetin

Activity: 240
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:28:06 PM

I think it would be better to research the team behind an ICO thoroughly before investing. Look out for their back records, success made in their line of business. Their profiles and all. But I do believe a regulatory body is being set up for this purpose of reducing scam ICOs
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:30:05 PM

Forcing investment does not really happens it is up to us on how are we going to handle it though their are fraud. ICO's are really helpful in everyday life because we can gain knowledge at the same time profit in investing on it. The cryptocurrencies is not a problem rather a solution maker.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:36:48 PM

You can follow the guidelines mentioned in below guide
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5004397.0

You can use guideline of below thread to check the images of team member
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4586576.0

Invest wisely and keep your investment safe.

I am alive
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:52:06 PM

As far as I know there's no regulatory body to look at this ICO. But I prefer that country where the project resides should be the one to regulate it not a global body. Individually though, what we can do is try to research more on the projects that we wanted to invest. Might take more time from us, but it will really bring some peace of mind specially if you are willing shell out huge money for a certain projects.

Advisors for me is not a indication that the project might not scam. Those scammers are also money at their disposal. They can pay anyone up-front in the beginning like reviews or even advisors. They are willing to take the risk because they know they can get huge money in return for deceiving people.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:53:39 PM

Base on what I think it is the participants/investors why? 1. As for the Investors they try to work and see how it works and try there best not to get scam.

1. We all know that scammers scam? Right they do there best to make everything reall and good as much as posible.

2. Scammer scam some people to work to be part of the fake team. So in short it is the scammers fault, but wait...

3. Also participants and investors are the one who gamble to wor, post, endorse and invest to see a win and fail scenario and to if it is not a scam.

Nastinmel

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:28:16 PM

There's an opinion that the community will naturally solve this problem sooner or later - investors and traders will be smarter and more experienced, and regulation will be strengthened. Earlier people invested in projects which teams had no links on Linedin, and today most people don't trust projects which have no photos and video.
sadmaster

Activity: 392
Merit: 15

Bitwings !

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:34:11 PM

I think there's nothing we can do about it since ICOs are decentralized, the government cant really do something to stop this. I think proper knowledge is what a person just need to have and a keen mind for him not to be scammed in this crypto currency jungle.

crypto freelance

Activity: 373
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:06:45 PM

I believe that it is possible to reduce fraud by introducing harsh rules and conditions for all new projects. Accordingly, if you tighten all the rules, the percentage of fraud is reduced.
kenjionline (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:39:08 PM

I think there's nothing we can do about it since ICOs are decentralized, the government cant really do something to stop this. I think proper knowledge is what a person just need to have and a keen mind for him not to be scammed in this crypto currency jungle.
A solution will still be found sometime. You just think, more and more people will learn about the cryptocurrency, more and more people and companies want to run ico (a real project or a scam). This is an endless cycle. I understand now such a time that people are afraid to invest, and what will happen when people start to be afraid to invest in a bull market?
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:07:09 AM

I have read that regulations and laws are being worked out for icos and crypto in most of the countries especially Australia and Europe is actively working on the regulatory framework, after they implement their regulatory framework for crypto i think many more countries will follow.
Can you give me a reference link for that?
Because if that happens then it's great for the future of cryptocurrency that is full of SCAM, this semog is the best solution for the future of cryptocurency.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:18:38 AM

on this topic it's important to remember that a legitimate project would comply with these KYC-enforcements and such, which means if you're only in it for the money,
one could count it as a "bonus point", while those projects who doesn't comply are far riskier.
even if it's, as you said, against the "crypto idea" in a sense.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
blink_stun

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 01:42:04 AM

ICO's, ITO's and any projects that requires an investment should be regulated. Some sector in the government should regulate these new crypto projects. They should be required to submit some proof of legitimacy with valid ID's and a valid address to their office.

ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:35:18 AM

Stop supporting ICOs and that will solve the problems for the increase of scams in the market. There will be no more ICO if there's no market for them and we are their market so if we are no longer investing to such ICOs, they will notice the dramatic fall for this market and they might shift to another way of crowdfunding.

If no one will support the ICOs it will die, and as a result, no more ANNs and Bounties can be found here in the forum, is it what you want? The reason why so many people come here is to find ICO projects or bounties to join to make money. Now, when no one will support these ICOs they will fail, and therefore, participants like you and me since we're supporting them as it's clear in our signature will never receive rewards in terms of token because they don't have funds to pay us.

iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:47:38 AM

its because crypto is anonymous so about this problem, we (investors) are truly prone on such scam project. although ICO didnt force us to invest, because we are just wants to earn from their project but they abuse their own project to scam others. so to reduce of being scam, let us other investors review it before we go thru when you dont have any idea about the project, or make your own research about them, because without this you can be get scam again.
vanthanh1320
Copper Member

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 02:47:45 AM

Not only do ICO investors lose faith in projects that include airdrop members or bounty holders too. Downtrend market has not seen signs of recovery. Projects continue to delay ICO sales or extend sales. Seriously, investors do not want to invest in new projects with their reasons. For me, I prefer trade or hold coin rather than investing in new ICOs because it implies a lot of risk behind.
glasbren

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:10:11 AM

If i'm not mistaken, there is news that in some country, they are implementing the regulation on the ICO (*i'm forget where do i got that news), that way will be able to reduce or even remove any possible ICO cause that would be able to be tracked and easier to be proceed for judgement.
Annieluvyou

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:29:10 AM

By creating a regulation for any project that opening an ICO to gain some funding can be a good way to prevent any scam project. It could be able to protect anyone from being scammed, and the potential of scam project will be minimum.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 06:48:44 AM

Actually this problem can be solved by only investing through the legit ICO listing platform. There are some exchanges listing ICO of other companies.
They already verified the company who want to holding ICO through their exchange. And investors won't do their research for long because the ICO being held there is already verified.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████