Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 03:51:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange market data manipulation bringing the whole crypto market down?  (Read 2540 times)
anderson705

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 09:36:18 AM

if this is true then it really must be stopped, faking market data is a serious crime, if you have watched the movie of leonardo di caprio, the famous pump and dump method that is artificially inflating the price just to look expensive to other players, a lot of exchanges are using this, i have no solid proof though, but i think it can happen and can be done.

I think its possible, just read somewhere that even Bitmex was accused of manipulating prices of a certain coin. We dont know, but its possible it  may happen. Also, maybe  they are doign a  worldwide FUD network to influence cryptocurrency price. All are speculation but its happening and we are asking why.

Is BitMEX Manipulating the Price of Ether; CEO Arthur Hayes Claims ETH Will Drop Below $100
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:45:50 AM

Of course, all sorts of price manipulations are heavily influencing the crypto market. Unlike manipulations this year, I think the changing economic conditions in the world are also having a negative effect on the crypto market.
Changing economic conditions has always been outcomes of bad economic policies, manipulations, controls, monopolies by the government, name them! Now, if care is not taken, just like we started having price suppression for physical assets such as gold and silver, these same set of manipulators will want to make the space the same thing.

The only solution to this is for people to realize this should not be just about them getting rich over night, but basically having the freedom to spend without being tied to the government bullshit policies that is affecting everything globally.
Guideare

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:06:24 AM

The market may continue until people finally understand how it is played and will be less inclined to sell off their bitcoins in a panic or dump in price, it will gradually become less severe as everyone will learn to ignore it.And the market will just grow naturally
People will only be able to understand anything until they start seeing the need to use it. The nature of the market currently tends towards the speculative side, and in that case for a very much decentralized market, I would not expect not to see any form of manipulation.

Manipulations are there every time for most markets and it is really nothing new like someone rightly said, and for things like this to change, this is the reason it would be more appealing to see a decentralized market get to do better in the long run with real life usage, more demand for it, and less manipulation as the case may be.
Yeah it is right that market manipulation is one of the worst things in the world. Whales manipulate the market and by this way small investors lose their investment which is not good for both, investors and for the crypto as well. The main reason for the fall of the price of bitcoin is manipulation and holding the market by some people. This will never allow the price to grow.
barbara44

Activity: 2436
Merit: 605

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:12:33 PM

I do not think just because there is a manipulation on the exchange market data the whole market is reacting according to it. I mean I am not arguing against the fact that there is market manipulation but the manipulation of data is not the problem, the problem is the manipulation of peoples thoughts on the price trends, the price move according to what people think it will do and when you manipulate enough people to make them think the price is going down, they will sell and when they sell the price will go down, just a big whale (or group of whales) selling a tiny amount can make a snowball affect on the price.

The process you describe here (which is properly called crowd manipulation) exists everywhere. It is conspicuously omnipresent in politics since ancient times. The methods and instruments developed and sharpened there through millenia are working exceptionally well with financial markets too. In fact, I would even say that in this field specifically they are working even better than elsewhere because people here are easily susceptible to fear, uncertainty, anxiety, doubt, i.e. everything which promotes successful manipulation

So no surprise that people get manipulated constantly
Exactly! Forex, Stocks, Cryptocurrency all fall in the same category of being manipulated even though the level of manipulation may differ. On other note, this is a highly speculative market, and obviously no whale will want to manipulate a market that would not eventually pay him.

In this way, it is more like reading emotions through the chart, doing the needful, getting the response desired from other traders response, both professional and wannabes, and then they just simply rinse and repeat the process every single time.
royalfestus

Activity: 2436
Merit: 516

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:27:19 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 05:35:53 PM by royalfestus

exchanges involve in fake data are many but they are done to attract traders not the other way. The issue of CMC also providing false information is not new and the website moderators seem to always work to avoid this. I beleive the information on the CMC has such a great impact on traders and investors than what one think, cause if it doesn't there should not be the regular complain like I see on the figure manipulation. If numbers of exchanges are giving out fake data, It will definitely have effect on the CMC, cause it provides the average data price from all the exchanges on it

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Lagrood

Activity: 728

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:21:29 PM

Actually I am not surprised because there are much scam on the crypto market. There are no organization which would control the entire market that is why such things happen. You are right having written about it because traders should know that the crypto market is manipulated. I am sure that we need to discuss the similar incidents to attract as much attention as possible and then it is possible that such discussions will effect on the entire crypto market by decreasing market manipulation. By the way it would be nice to public your observation as an articlt that other traders can read your it and make their own investigation to prevent scam.
himtater87

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:09:15 PM

I do not see where the news is: the investors have always manipulated the markets in their favor.
Then, there are always new methods, and this could be really dangerous; however, I doubt it is really possible.
Yeah it is really dangerous situation. People will withdraw their money when they realize that there is no profit in bitcoin investment. They will transfer their money or convert their money to Altcoin. The controllers should think seriously about it, otherwise it will eliminate bitcoin from the list of cryptocurrency. Monopoly of few big investors is not acceptable.
skish85

Activity: 485
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:21:46 PM

I think it's impossible to stop manipulators, because most of the bitcoins are concentrated in their possession.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 03:10:11 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2018, 08:40:24 PM by deisik

I do not see where the news is: the investors have always manipulated the markets in their favor.
Then, there are always new methods, and this could be really dangerous; however, I doubt it is really possible.
Yeah it is really dangerous situation. People will withdraw their money when they realize that there is no profit in bitcoin investment. They will transfer their money or convert their money to Altcoin. The controllers should think seriously about it, otherwise it will eliminate bitcoin from the list of cryptocurrency. Monopoly of few big investors is not acceptable.

Practice doesn't confirm your assumption

In fact, it confirms quite the opposite. I've read a post of some member here where he gave some stats about recent price changes, and it looks very much like money flows from altcoins into Bitcoin. Otherwise, it is hard to explain why Bitcoin fell only 10% while the other cryptocurrencies fell like 50% on average. Obviously, the whole cryptomarket is going down, but if it were like you describe, that people were going to withdraw their funds from Bitcoin and pour them into altcoins, we would be seeing a very different picture now

Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:14:39 PM

The market is certainly manipulated by big players, and this is part of the game.
I doubt, however, that there is a player so big that he can manipulate all exchange data.
Be serious!

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
atsc10

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 03:17:57 AM

Everyone is aware that large number of exchanges are still faking trading volumes. Be wary of which trading platform you use. It's easy to fall victim to these manipulations if you don't know what to look for.
Kimonoe

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:58:27 AM

in essence such activities will form a bad image of cryptocurrency and exchange. thus losing the trust of investors. and finally investors withdraw their funds so that the price drops

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:07:05 AM

The market is certainly manipulated by big players, and this is part of the game.
I doubt, however, that there is a player so big that he can manipulate all exchange data.
Be serious!
Even coinmarket found faking the data of exchange volumes so we don't have to trust all the things which we are seeing online,we have to enter into the exchange and watch is there clearly the trading activities were happening or not.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 05:59:51 AM

You didn't give any reason as to why you think the data you saw on their ethereum volume is fake, just that you don't believe that what you're seeing is right, so you you just think it is fake and nothing else. Well, I don't regally believe things when there is reasons for me to believe them.

So it can be that you're wrong, although I do know that faking of data do happen a lot of times in the crypto field, there are lots of exchanges that fakes their trading volume even all these bigger exchanges do it as well. It's no longer new thing. But what I'm trying to say is that when you accuse someone of something, you give reasons for it, that's if you want people to believe what you are saying is true.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 06:08:59 AM

Be serious!

Whales can only manipulate the price of a certain coin or the whole market but datas and volumes are being manipulated by the owner of the exchange . They say that cmc is also manipulating their data's but some says that cmc is only synchronizing its data on other exchanges so cmc is not the real suspect here  .

Not all believes on the datas that they see online so this does not affect the price of cryptos too much  but the price manipulation of whales do have a major impact on the coin or on the market  .
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 05:36:24 PM

This is interesting one.  Centralized exchanges are just bad for cryptocurrency. Anything can happen behind those private servers . It is unfortunate we don't have great decentralized exchanges to replace the exchanges yet.
If you can control majority of the exchanges, you can control the market.

I guess the Centralized exchanges should be transparent enough or be throughly regulated
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 05:52:01 PM

Even if there is manipulation i think it affects more the altcoins, but yes there can be manipulation on centralized exchanges, but maybe in future this will change if the websites who collect info can somehow drop the fake volume and show real volume if exchanges
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 02:57:48 AM

Be serious!

Whales can only manipulate the price of a certain coin or the whole market but datas and volumes are being manipulated by the owner of the exchange . They say that cmc is also manipulating their data's but some says that cmc is only synchronizing its data on other exchanges so cmc is not the real suspect here  .

Not all believes on the datas that they see online so this does not affect the price of cryptos too much  but the price manipulation of whales do have a major impact on the coin or on the market  .
I agree, whales are more focused on making pump or dump, that is by spreading the good or bad news. with the big funds they have, they can lure bitcoiners to follow in their footsteps, so that massive activities occur

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2450
Merit: 275

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 05:34:40 AM

Be serious!

I agree, whales are more focused on making pump or dump, that is by spreading the good or bad news. with the big funds they have, they can lure bitcoiners to follow in their footsteps, so that massive activities occur
Owner of those exchange can be bought or they are also one of the whale so they should be doing this for their benefits and it can be ignored by closely watching the prices and trade order on their exchange.

And also the price manipulation causes major bump and dump in the way as whale wanted because of the new investors attracted by the sudden bump or dump and getting losing everything.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:17:54 AM

You didn't give any reason as to why you think the data you saw on their ethereum volume is fake, just that you don't believe that what you're seeing is right, so you you just think it is fake and nothing else. Well, I don't regally believe things when there is reasons for me to believe them.

So it can be that you're wrong, although I do know that faking of data do happen a lot of times in the crypto field, there are lots of exchanges that fakes their trading volume even all these bigger exchanges do it as well. It's no longer new thing. But what I'm trying to say is that when you accuse someone of something, you give reasons for it, that's if you want people to believe what you are saying is true.
I agree with your point mate, so many people just drop some points just because they needed to make contribution. And I hate it when people follow trend or don’t get their fact available before coming forward to share it with people.

It’s so glaring to see how useful ethereum has been and how their project concept has really gain popularity and usage, if they have everything needed to make their volume skyrocket naturally, why would they have to fake their volume again. Down from the hype to the ICO projects that has launched their project through ethereum, we will know that they can’t fake volume like other smaller projects and exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: