Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:41:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who deserve moderator position based on his/her skill & activity ?
LoyceV
theyoungmillionaire
marlboroza
suchmoon
The Pharmacist
Jet Cash
TMAN
DdmrDdmr
Lutpin
Vod
pugman
Piggy
actmyname

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote for new moderators who deserve it. @theymos please take a look.  (Read 3763 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 01:27:33 AM

I have to wonder why darkstar is not on this list. Perhaps he does not want to be but actually since I have taken a break from the alt board and discovered new users on the sub boards this person seems to be open minded and balanced. If he wishes not to be then that is completely understandable as it is a demanding and time consuming position.
I doubt Darkstar has the time to report with personal life, and his campaign management. There are a few users that report a lot that aren't on the list though. They just aren't "forum famous" enough to be included out of the blue. The only way we could have a genuine election would be if new updated report statistics were released. However, theymos seems to want to keep this away from the public eye at the moment as he sent Hilariousandco the top reporters in Bitcoin Discussion, but didn't release it publicly for whatever reason.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:31:18 PM

I have to wonder why darkstar is not on this list. Perhaps he does not want to be but actually since I have taken a break from the alt board and discovered new users on the sub boards this person seems to be open minded and balanced. If he wishes not to be then that is completely understandable as it is a demanding and time consuming position.
I doubt Darkstar has the time to report with personal life, and his campaign management. There are a few users that report a lot that aren't on the list though. They just aren't "forum famous" enough to be included out of the blue. The only way we could have a genuine election would be if new updated report statistics were released. However, theymos seems to want to keep this away from the public eye at the moment as he sent Hilariousandco the top reporters in Bitcoin Discussion, but didn't release it publicly for whatever reason.

That's fair enough it is a demanding job and I imagine can be stressful too.

Dmdrdmdr seems to have a more balanced and logical mind I guess he would not be too bad for this.  I mean anyone who is reasonable and balanced, objective, and willing to revise a decision if observable events suggest it is needed should be considered if they have enough experience here.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:05:10 PM
Merited by cryptohunter (2)

Dmdrdmdr seems to have a more balanced and logical mind I guess he would not be too bad for this.  I mean anyone who is reasonable and balanced, objective, and willing to revise a decision if observable events suggest it is needed should be considered if they have enough experience here.
Yeah, someone who is rational, and will hold their hand up, and admit fault, but not only that but improve too. However, someone as unbiased as possible. This is more difficult than it first appears, because I don't think anyone is truly unbiased whatever the circumstances. Users tend to appear neutral in several situations, but they'll always have a bias towards one side. There are a few suitable candidates out there I think. I'm not sure on how much Dmdrdmdr reports, and can only judge him based on his posts, and persona. Seems to be logical that's for sure. Honestly though, you could be completely clueless about Bitcoin, have no prospects, and no brains. However, if you knew the forum policies, and guidelines, and where able to use your own initiative when "enforcing" these guidelines then you'd be pretty damn good at the job. Rank is irrelevant.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 11:41:35 PM

Yeah, someone who is rational, and will hold their hand up, and admit fault, but not only that but improve too. However, someone as unbiased as possible. This is more difficult than it first appears, because I don't think anyone is truly unbiased whatever the circumstances. Users tend to appear neutral in several situations, but they'll always have a bias towards one side. There are a few suitable candidates out there I think. I'm not sure on how much Dmdrdmdr reports, and can only judge him based on his posts, and persona. Seems to be logical that's for sure. Honestly though, you could be completely clueless about Bitcoin, have no prospects, and no brains. However, if you knew the forum policies, and guidelines, and where able to use your own initiative when "enforcing" these guidelines then you'd be pretty damn good at the job. Rank is irrelevant.

Could not agree with your more.  Let's hope if we are to get more mods this is exactly the kind that are added.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:13:13 PM

I’ve only just found this thread and most of the options in the polls are horrible choices (imo).

LoyceV
 theyoungmillionaire
 marlboroza
 suchmoon
 The Pharmacist
 Jet Cash
 TMAN
 DdmrDdmr
 Lutpin
 Vod
 pugman
 Piggy
 actmyname

People like the pharmacist, vod and jet cash are great people and do great things for the forum but I’m not sure whether theymos would consider them for the mod position. Skim reading the other posts here, Jet cash wouldn’t want to be a mod and I can understand why.

Vod is already doing a lot for the forum, I think making him a mod might just burn him out.

Loyce has often been suggested as one of the best for reporting (by theymosdireactly) and I think he’s a good user but it is difficult to determine who theymos will actually accept and they’ll be started off on the boards that matter less (off topic, p&s, speculation that sort of thing imo - or just sddd to the list of the Asltcoin section because it’s starting to seem the mods must each do 10hour shifts there in order to fully obliterate everything that’s spammy).

Also, didn’t tman leave?

if this is a duplicate I’ll delete it but skimming the thread this doesn’t seem to have been discussed yet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: