Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:35:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DOGE - after DOGETHEREUM speculation  (Read 283 times)
StarkInternational (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

TOKOIN.IO

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 07:53:43 PM
Merited by Locotoni (1)

after dogecoin fork (dogethereum) Dogecoin is in TOP 20 currency for market cap.
thets mean DOGE s have pottential? or its only pump?
i know pumpers love DOGE.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tocoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:34:55 PM

IMO, it's just a pump. I have never owned DOGE because to me it defies the basic principle of a good currency, that is, to have a limited supply. With DOGE, every new block you mine produces 10.000 DOGE coins forever. So, with this unlimited supply, I can't see how they are supposed to make their coin valuable long term. The current top 20 position therefore doesn't mean anything.
Ludmila72

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:55:15 PM

IMO, it's just a pump. I have never owned DOGE because to me it defies the basic principle of a good currency, that is, to have a limited supply. With DOGE, every new block you mine produces 10.000 DOGE coins forever. So, with this unlimited supply, I can't see how they are supposed to make their coin valuable long term. The current top 20 position therefore doesn't mean anything.

thets right, but, doge is good for transfers. when i want transfer my money - i dont use BTC, becouse its so slow coin. and when i want transfer my money with 1 - 2 exchange, i buy doge and transfer after this, and cost is only 2-3 DOGE. thets good for me.
StarkInternational (OP)

Activity: 109

TOKOIN.IO

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:59:04 PM

thets right, but, doge is good for transfers. when i want transfer my money - i dont use BTC, becouse its so slow coin. and when i want transfer my money with 1 - 2 exchange, i buy doge and transfer after this, and cost is only 2-3 DOGE. thets good for me.

yes, and doge is on 99% exchange. becouse its old coin. and some people  use for Faucets Cheesy Cheesy

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tocoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

HE[A]RTLESS

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:14:02 PM

i think it only pump

everyone use doge because it cheap price will have very low transfer fee.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:17:27 PM

after dogecoin fork (dogethereum) Dogecoin is in TOP 20 currency for market cap.

It is only Pump as before also DOGE value went up high but it went down also same time. So it is clear that this coin price rising is only purely for Pump.

mdgabrielzim

Activity: 1232
Merit: 143

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:30:09 PM

The doge currency market has always been like this, it has always lived by speculation. I personally do not believe that it becomes a currency would be after so many years being treated and used as a shitcoin of transactions.
neatworld

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:38:49 PM

XLM is also really good for transfers. Super low fees, lightning fast transfers, and on lots of exchanges.

I'll always dabble a little in DOGE, though - I like how it doesn't take itself too seriously.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:47:51 PM

That's a very simple thinking. It's actually the opposite, healthy inflation makes a currency better, as it takes away incentive to hoard and encourages spending, so something currencies are made for. If DOGE was meant to be used (not to be a speculative, appreciating asset), the decision to leave it uncapped was reasonable.

There's another upside, having constant block reward means there will always be incentive for miners, while with Bitcoin - there's a big question mark on how will things pan out when block rewards are insignificant.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:14:58 PM

DOGE pumps usually take place over an extended period of of time (think a month or more). These recent private movements very well might just be a pump, BUT the pump is not yet out of steak for a bit more time.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:03:42 AM

look at all the coins from hardfork, can they develop from the original coin? obviously not and all just rely on the pump to make the price rise or create profit for their community.
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:43:11 AM

after that speculatif news, the big dump will come.
i think doge will fall down at least 35% in this month.
Oleg88

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:49:42 AM

this coin has all the chances for good growth. She has a large community, she is very convenient in translations and has a small commission
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:05:13 AM

i think it only pump

That's right, it can also be one of the reasons why doge can continue to survive in this chaotic market condition. Doge has a low cost for every withdrawal transaction so it is often used for transfers between exchanges.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:27:25 AM

While the market is speculative and has no fundamental reasons, such coins as DOGE will exist. Moreover, it is a coin for fun, and it corresponds to the idea. The fact that this coin never raises in price (fundamentally) and can be exchanged makes it convenient for transfers between exchanges and not only.

butka

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 01:45:36 PM

That's a very simple thinking. It's actually the opposite, healthy inflation makes a currency better, as it takes away incentive to hoard and encourages spending, so something currencies are made for. If DOGE was meant to be used (not to be a speculative, appreciating asset), the decision to leave it uncapped was reasonable.

There's another upside, having constant block reward means there will always be incentive for miners, while with Bitcoin - there's a big question mark on how will things pan out when block rewards are insignificant.

It might be a simple thinking. But look, with the current issuance rate, you have somewhere around 4 percent inflation (if I did the math correctly, that is - with slightly over 5 billion DOGE coins minted every year). USD has an average annual inflation of 3 percent. It is not hard to see how the buying power of USD has deteriorated over the years.

That being said, it is clear that there are some upsides to having a low or moderate inflation, like you indicated, at least in the short to mid term. With bitcoin, the scarcity will enter the picture at some point, but it remains to be seen how the mining will work with insufficient block rewards from the coinbase transaction. 
Upercusa

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 02:02:14 PM

i think it only pump

That's right, it can also be one of the reasons why doge can continue to survive in this chaotic market condition. Doge has a low cost for every withdrawal transaction so it is often used for transfers between exchanges.
That's it! I do not care what to trade. Transfer fee is very important for me. The lower fee - the bigger my interest to such a coin.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

Just wanna know about the advantage of dogethereum. it has never stated by core developer about the possibility to reviving the doge coin again We know that the doge developers has retired for a long time ago and this time with the help from ether and it makes doge to the moon.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2018, 03:25:26 PM

It might be a simple thinking. But look, with the current issuance rate, you have somewhere around 4 percent inflation (if I did the math correctly, that is - with slightly over 5 billion DOGE coins minted every year). USD has an average annual inflation of 3 percent. It is not hard to see how the buying power of USD has deteriorated over the years.

It's closer to 4.5%, but percent amount will be declining as the total supply increases. For comparison Bitcoin's current issuance rate is ~3.8% - not a huge difference. Yes, BTC will eventually hit a hard cap, but none of us will be alive when that happens.

Yes, USD, just as any other national currency, is subject to inflation, and that's intentional and it's for a reason.

All I'm saying is that 'hard cap' is massively overrated and that it has mostly psychological meaning. That being said, I agree that DOGE issuance model is not optimal, imo it should have at least one more halving.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
butka

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 03:36:42 PM

It's closer to 4.5%, but percent amount will be declining as the total supply increases.

Ah, good point, of course it will. Thanks for bringing this up. So, having this in mind, it is not that bad, and it is not fixed to this percentage year after year.

That being said, I agree that DOGE issuance model is not optimal, imo it should have at least one more halving.

Sure, they could have introduced another halving. Is it now set in stone? I guess the dev team could decide to hard fork in the future to change the issuance model if needed.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: