Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why we should all use Bitcoin and no more credit cards.  (Read 931 times)
Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:50:53 PM

Agreed, bitcoin gives you total control of your assets.
But switching over completely from fiat to digital currencies is not feasible at this time, as fiat is accepted everywhere, although there's the hiccup of changing your currencies when you move to another nation.
Cryptocurrency is the future of transactions, but the future has not yet come.

Some cryptocurrencies also has debit cards, where you can store your assets.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:27:34 PM

It's a good argument against credit cards, but sadly it doesn't apply to most people, because they actually view the ability to charge your bank account as a useful feature that saves them time of doing every payment manually. Today people prefer to outsource everything, even their finance, and this trend might also apply to Bitcoin - people are using custodians like Coinbase, businesses also don't run their own nodes and wallets and trust third-party services, ultra-rich store their coins in underground vaults, and some investors wait for ETF's or other instruments. Not everyone wants to be their own bank.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:08:20 PM

I believe in future we will use bitcoin instead of credit card. Bitcoin is very easy to transfer it also introduce ATM service so the process will more easy. It will give us comfort and safety.
Luckycoins999

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:12:01 PM

Seems like there were hidden charges. I think these charges are totally cheating. And yeah bitcoin can fix this. But i think it will need more acceptance before fixing these things.
crypto-bit456

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:27:01 PM

That's why people love bitcoin. It has solutions for these things. But still we can not use it use fiat currency or credit card because not everywhere people accept bitcoin.
Silentsweeper785

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:39:58 PM

Actually it’s not that simple to be done. Many countries are still not legalized bitcoin. So the acceptance is not spread worldwide and we have to use fiat as we have no other options.
Horraygram

Activity: 283

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:52:50 PM

I just feel very much irritating when this kind of unwanted thing comes. These are really very annoying. And we cannot even do anything without accepting it as there is no other option.
PureDefender

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:00:52 PM

This is why cryptocurrency is best because it gives us freedom. The other centralized system just takes away our freedom from the market. So we all should move on to cryptocurrency to build up our freedom.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:38:37 PM

Now, this will NEVER happen with Bitcoin, because nobody can automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address. You

have FULL control over your own money.  Cool I am not the only one - https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/audible.com

That was one of the turning points for me, when I realized the beauty of Bitcoin's "push" payment system vs. the "pull" systems of credit and debit cards. With cards, you authorize every merchant you deal with (and also the credit card sniffers in between) to withdraw from your account, and you have to trust them not to wrongfully charge you. With Bitcoin, that can never happen -- you sign and push transactions on your own terms. It's a beautiful thing.

Having a credit card is a stupid idea and never comes to my mind ever since,I prefer using fiats wayback that getting a credit cards that is hackable and easily to clone.i have some friens that has been victimized by thies hackers and until now they are paying the damage credit cards company brings to them so i would choose using bitcoin than this cards

I use credit cards. I've been a victim of credit card fraud, but there is always 0% liability for customers. The upside of using them is the cash back rewards. If you pay them off in full and reap the rewards, there is little downside.

maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:56:52 PM

Thanks for sharing an interesting post, i think that you are right and I agree with all the mentioned reasons why we should use btc instead of credit cards. to my mind, it is better  to use it because we have many pros
ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:03:52 PM

This is another advantage of digital currency over fiat. Full control of your money and no one can automatically remove from your account without your prior permission or initiation. I hope with all this advantages, world would turn to adopt cryptocurrency instead of fiat in the future.

mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:08:58 PM

This is very true, it's an all to often trick used by many otherwise "respectable" companies. Another one often used is the so called recurring card payment-which by giving them your card details you are agreeing to take out a subscription (these can be very cleverly disguised) and are extremely difficult to cancel. So I totally agree using bitcoin would be great for us the consumer which is why they will never allow it.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Antelopez2

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:02:25 PM

That is the most annoying thing about the conventional market. You suffer a lot for unwanted services that come without your concern. you won’t be able to say something as you can do nothing with them
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:04:35 PM

There are tons of advantages of bitcoin over the credit cards, hope one day will see bitcoin as popular or more than the credit cards. Bitcoin is still pretty early stage, hope more and more adoptions will come.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:13:05 PM

So, I buy a Amazon Kindle Fire, because I like to read. When you configure it for the first time, you have to login with your

Amazon account (obviously) and then you are presented with 2 x FREE audio books. I accept the 2 x FREE books, to test the

audio and also to experience audio books for the first time. (I prefer reading the ebooks, but I thought I would give it a try, to

see what it sounds like.)

A month down the line, I get a sms notification from my Bank, notifying me of a payment done to "Audible" so I phone my

Bank. They inform me that it is a monthly subscription to Audible.com. (I never gave consent for "Audible" to sign me up for a

monthly subscription) This is how they do it --->  http://prntscr.com/ksqxhv  (I never even saw that, when I was offered the

2 FREE books) !!!!!!!!  Why would I sign a subscription if I just wanted to listen to the so-called FREE books?  Huh

In any way, I logged in again and cancelled the subscription and it already billed me for next month.  Angry Angry Angry

Now, this will NEVER happen with Bitcoin, because nobody can automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address. You

have FULL control over your own money.  Cool I am not the only one - https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/audible.com

Bitcoin has a very low fees if doing a very large volume of transaction compared with creditcard or other payments.
But one thing that people are still afraid using bitcoin is the security. Many wallet hacked every day and it's so volatile

This is true story. I also remember I ended up in a paying subscription I didn't even remember I signed up to. Anyways, if Bitcoin was to be accepted so wildly I'm sure there will be ways similar to that to take your money.
goldencrypto7100

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 10:16:36 PM

"I think that’s why world will move to crypto market gradually. The dominance of centralized system shrinks our freedom in the market which can only be regained by widespread use of cryptocurrency
"
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:26:36 PM

Having a credit card is a stupid idea and never comes to my mind ever since,I prefer using fiats wayback that getting a credit cards that is hackable and easily to clone.i have some friens that has been victimized by thies hackers and until now they are paying the damage credit cards company brings to them so i would choose using bitcoin than this cards
This is true, we must not depend and used credit card anymore, so many frauds in the banks right now and it can really damage you if you continue to used it. Credit card is not good because you are spending the money you don’t have. In the OP case, it his fault not reading all the details about they Audible, if its free the why you need to pay for it?
bitcoindigger71

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:29:31 PM

The problem is in the real market is it is controlled by companies that dominate the market alone and you won’t be able to do anything against them. But in crypto market you will not face anything like that
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:30:07 PM

Wonderful
But Amazon is not accepting btc
When you will like to pay 20$ for book you will have to pay 7$ transaction fee.To high by my opinion .Because of that bitcoin is useless like a currency
If i will use only bitcoin here then probably i will eat and drink nothing.Nobody is accepting btc here

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:44:41 PM

It does not matter how they do it, it should not be possible for ANY company or person to access funds on your account,

without your consent.  Angry Angry Angry Angry  The weirdest thing is that Amazon is directly associated with shady practices like

this. The actual point that I want to make is that Bitcoin is much better, because companies like this cannot get away with

FREE trial scams/Free shit like this, because they cannot automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address.  Angry
Wait what? How did they have access to your credit card in the first place? They required your credit card information for you to claim your free eBooks right?

Not possible to access their credit cards because they have incident i heard this before
The criminals people they many ways how ti steal your miney even if this new digital currency bitcoin can hack by the bad elements
All we need to do is be carefull to any information from unknown people to avoid this scenario

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: