Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:47:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is why we should all use Bitcoin and no more credit cards.  (Read 929 times)
Heidi Farrell

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:08:13 AM

Bitcoin is a trustless system. No need for someone to be trusted to validate transactions. It’s as cash. So if you want to have charge backs and other goodies that credit card, offers you, then a credit card is fine. For me, have a card issued I need proof of identity, proof of residence and other paperwork. So I prefer to have a bitcoin wallet easy and use bitcoin for my buys.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Camilla Gill

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:22:29 AM

To cite a personal example:
I'd be wary of using my Debit Card online anywhere as the layer between the debit card and money in my bank is just the transaction waiting to happen. I don't subscribe to Credit Cards. period. I know a lot many people also don't use credit cards. With Bitcoin, the wallet is not tied to my bank account and the money can very easily be loaded onto to my wallet to send across. I don't have to worry about a decline! or a network that is busy! no forms to fill out! No more threat of my data! I just shoot the money across to a Bitcoin Wallet, wait a few minutes and voila! Transaction done. For a minimal cost.
Everyone is happy!
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:28:41 AM

I am not sure of other countries, but in the U.K. it's called recurring card billing (unless you set up a direct debit) and these can be a nightmare to cancel as you have to get the merchants to cancel-which of course they are reluctant to do. You can dispute the payment with your bank of course but if they can prove you signed up ie ticked a box somewhere then you have a problem. 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:32:09 AM

Credit cards also classify as a cashless payment and It functions differently from bitcoin payment. Its cash limit is fixed and you can consume it without having any changes with the value. The only thing bad about bitcoin currency is that its either increases or decreases its value from time to time.

Its value would still increase or decrease because we are still basing our pricing in fiat but when time will come that we would not need to convert to cryptocurrency anymore then the value would be stable because we will all be using bitcoin then if that time will come. As for OPs case, his credit card charge for a transaction the he is not aware of that's why he can say that if it would be bitcoin then it would not have happen. Unfortunately, we cannot just easily shift to bitcoin because many are still against it which would include banks.

Unfortunately, the only thing that bitcoin can offer at this time is security compared to other electronic payment systems. I hope that the society will soon recognize cryptocurrency, and thus we will be able not only to pay in Amazon.

Yes, that would be the case for now. We are still waiting for the big companies to accept bitcoin as form of payment. It would happen someday when they would figure out how to not have any loss due to the fluctuating prices of cryptocurrencies which may become their disadvantage when they accept it as payment.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Wilfrer

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:17:25 AM

I think every thing has its benefits and disadvantages. It seems that today people use credit cards as a form of payment. However, it is easy for us to have a monthly, annual debt that can not be stopped. Bitcoin is good except for the fact that it is not widely used and that the transaction fee is quite high

CryptoAssasin

Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:52:10 PM

To be honest, I worked as a call center agent before in Amazon and this shopping website have so many tricks to manipulate their customers and we are taking a lot of complaints about unrecognized charges on their card, most of them are from a free subscriptions. At first, they advertised it for free but without your knowledge, your account will automatically be set for auto renewal. Once your free trial ended, any available card save on your account will be charged automatically for that free subscription. Yes, I agree with you that if we are using bitcoin or an altcoin as a payment, that automatic charge will never take place because we always have full control with our funds and no one will be  able to take out those funds unless they have the private key.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
Wingleness

Activity: 458
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:04:12 PM
Merited by Collinberg (1)

To be honest, I worked as a call center agent before in Amazon and this shopping website have so many tricks to manipulate their customers and we are taking a lot of complaints about unrecognized charges on their card, most of them are from a free subscriptions. At first, they advertised it for free but without your knowledge, your account will automatically be set for auto renewal. Once your free trial ended, any available card save on your account will be charged automatically for that free subscription. Yes, I agree with you that if we are using bitcoin or an altcoin as a payment, that automatic charge will never take place because we always have full control with our funds and no one will be  able to take out those funds unless they have the private key.

Those exclusive charges that members aren't aware of is killing the credit/debit card system and to give this a lasting solution is the core reason why the global world needs to enbrace Bitcoin and/or cryptocurrency as a better option. Like you rightly said, users are in charge of their funds and would only send what is actually needed to pay for goods and services.
semes

Activity: 713
Merit: 31

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:14:09 PM

So, I buy a Amazon Kindle Fire, because I like to read. When you configure it for the first time, you have to login with your

Amazon account (obviously) and then you are presented with 2 x FREE audio books. I accept the 2 x FREE books, to test the

audio and also to experience audio books for the first time. (I prefer reading the ebooks, but I thought I would give it a try, to

see what it sounds like.)

A month down the line, I get a sms notification from my Bank, notifying me of a payment done to "Audible" so I phone my

Bank. They inform me that it is a monthly subscription to Audible.com. (I never gave consent for "Audible" to sign me up for a

monthly subscription) This is how they do it --->  http://prntscr.com/ksqxhv  (I never even saw that, when I was offered the

2 FREE books) !!!!!!!!  Why would I sign a subscription if I just wanted to listen to the so-called FREE books?  Huh

In any way, I logged in again and cancelled the subscription and it already billed me for next month.  Angry Angry Angry

Now, this will NEVER happen with Bitcoin, because nobody can automatically withdraw money from your Bitcoin address. You

have FULL control over your own money.  Cool I am not the only one - https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/audible.com

I think we all do things wrong when we make a membership. I guess there are things we haven't read or missed. I've had to pay the same thing I didn't know.
baconlike

Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:01:50 PM

In my opinion that is not the main reason, BTC can never replace credit card because credit card is safer and easier to use than BTC, BTC is not suitable for some objects, so do not take them in daily consumption activities

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Winifred2609

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:09:15 AM

You can only use it in online purchases or stores if they accept Bitcoin payments. They will give you better things I have little idea but I want to know more about this. I think it's too early for you to suggest it. But accepting bitcoin as a payment is also good. If we use Bitcoin, we will not automatically experience our accounts on websites that manage websites and banking. I want to know more about this. This is a good bitcoin. Amazon is doing some dirty work to link it to your credit card.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:39:47 AM

I agree it's a scummy thing to do, but it is neither illegal or a scam as you are claiming. The picture you posted clearly states that you will be charged after 30 days, as will the small print that you didn't bother to read.

If you don't bother to read what you are signing up to, you can't blame other people when you are taken advantage of.

Funny thing how the companies do something to earn. But then it is not really good that some random sites or comapny can have the acces to your card after signing up. Transactions must be done on hand or somewhat the transactions must agreed by both parties, and that is the author's point.
Wiwendefak

Activity: 350
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:03:35 PM

The same thing happened with me on another website. I was buying a game for a test because it was written there free for the first day! I was using my Payoneer account, after 7 days, I logged in my Payoneer to buy a product from aliexpress! But there weren't enough funds! I feel serious where is my money! After checking all transactions in Payoneer, I just wonder! That gaming website took the game fee for every day! Such a bad way it is. I want to use bitcoin instead of credits cards, but we can't do it on Amazon, eBay or other big e-commerce sites! It really hurts!
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 08:31:52 AM

I just read a thread of someone who got charged for a game he originally thought was free. This can only happen because you initiated a transaction with your debit card and since the system still have your debit card details, it keep deducting the price of the product from your account. I am wondering if such a thing will happen on smart contract. well, I'm not trying to say Bitcoin is better but I feel that the technology behind it has been well designed to provide peace of mind.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:09:59 AM

Well, that's how cunning they are, Amazon has become a big company but still doing fraudulent practices like this, and it’s a shame. That’s why we must be very strict in giving permission for credit cards and also our assets, many security holes that can be misused and we users are bound to burdensome regulations.
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:12:59 AM

I will give one reason for me personally, that is, bitcoin can be used by anyone, even for an unemployed person. while credit cards are very difficult to make. even when you have $ 300 in income every month, but not in working with the company, you cannot make it. I have such experience. even though they (the bank) have seen my account book and along with transactions that are more than $ 1000 (exceeding the employee's salary and the limited limit of making credit cards), I was not accepted because I did not work at the company. full of nonsense, while bitcoin came to give all the solutions and I was very happy.
MostafaGamal

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:37:45 AM

I think this is very difficult, with the difficulty of getting Bitcoin and with the volatility of the price, it is not easy for everyone to use the encrypted currency, we need more time
bigbosma

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:01:41 PM

Of course, there are ways to subscribe so that your account is not charged extra money. But with the use of bitcoin such awkward situations would not have happened.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:15:05 PM

I would say to get lots of persons to use bitcoin as means of payment generally would involve a mass involvement in stating one's desire towards it to different shopping sites. I believe from overview survey, companies can then adopt the use if bitcoin payment into their financial system.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
Elerntta

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:36:22 PM

Unfortunately, such services often use inattention of customers and often you may lose your money. I hope that when bitcoin is implemented as a currency, this will no longer happen, as this technology is much safer.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Andrew Gergeo

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:34:06 PM

It depends on the purpose of the user, if you simply watch the money to save, then send credit seems more reasonable, if you want to have an investment tool, then bitcoin is a good choice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: