Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric car - do you like it?  (Read 2132 times)
KiloFoxtrot
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 30, 2020, 05:02:45 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2020, 07:49:53 AM by KiloFoxtrot

Electric cars are our future. They are becoming better every day. Do you like electric car, do you use one (which one)?

I haven't gotten the opportunity yet since it's still expensive at the moment. Hopefully, once electric cars get mass-produced, it would be more affordable for the rest of us to purchase.

Other than electric cars though, any other vehicle that's electric could be a more affordable option to consider also for city commuting like electric bikes, electric scooters, electric skateboards, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YingPing

Activity: 581
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 02:36:46 PM

Electric cars are very good, because they can reduce air pollution.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 05:17:35 PM

At the moment, electric cars, in my opinion, do not have enough energy to travel far without recharging.
But I like this trend. I am for ecological transport!
Lol electric car can run further now though of course this is need to be charged thats why it is called electric cars lol,or maybe there are designs that has reserved battery for long trip?
AFAIK, electric cars don't have reserve battery but they do have fast charging stations so it may take 30 - 45 mins for a full charge and the cost of that charging is lot cheaper compared to the fuel prices.So they are going to be the future in 2030, most of the people in the world will be using electric cars.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Renampun

Activity: 2282
Merit: 362

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2020, 06:02:05 PM

Electric cars are our future. They are becoming better every day. Do you like electric car, do you use one (which one)?

I don't have an electric car and never even rode it...
for me, electric cars are one of the human successes in developing environmentally-friendly transportation. pollution levels will be reduced if electric vehicles are used en masse.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

daneal stev

Activity: 280
Merit: 135

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 06:13:41 PM

Yes, I love the electric car a lot, but I have never used it before and I am currently using the electric bike and I consider that electric driving is beneficial for everyone and also beneficial to the environment.
Mor254

Activity: 266
Merit: 88

View Profile
August 05, 2020, 06:26:16 PM

I have never used these cars before, but I will definitely get one of them in the future. I like this type of car because it is economical and saves a lot of money. Also, the resulting energy is not clean energy.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 07:32:12 AM

Yes but we are not yet ready for that.
We don't have the infrastructure to support this trend. There are not stations where you can fuel electricity to your car. Hence, Electric cars cannot do many KMs and give you big trips. There is not any reason to buy one right now.
jrrsparkles

View Profile
August 06, 2020, 11:35:37 AM

Yes but we are not yet ready for that.
We don't have the infrastructure to support this trend. There are not stations where you can fuel electricity to your car. Hence, Electric cars cannot do many KMs and give you big trips. There is not any reason to buy one right now.
Electric cars were mainly used for day to day needed for then 300KM range is more than enough and they can simply charge the car at the normal home socket with dedicated charger. We are not going for long big trips everyday it could be once in a month or even more.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 01:21:27 PM

Electric cars are fantastic to drive. Having driven Nissan leafs, Toyota Hybrids and even a Tesla s p100d

But they can struggle in the cold:
https://www.wired.com/story/electric-cars-cold-weather-tips/

The extra cost is fine if you want performace in speed but for range a hybrid or diesel is still more economical.

While Teslas tend to be extremely safe in general there are reports of sudden unexplained acceleration and loss of brakes.

Tesla unexplained acceleration
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2020/01/17/us-probe-tesla-crashes-unexplained-acceleration/

Tesla model x sudden acceleration leading to crash
https://www.theverge.com/2016/6/7/11876794/tesla-model-x-crash-unintended-acceleration

Tesla model 3 sudden acceleration leading to crash (video)
https://youtu.be/_vRnHtlVVcE

Also of wheels falling off.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Magd solieman

Activity: 79
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 03:47:03 PM

I love the electric car very much, as it is environmentally friendly and fast. I have seen many electric cars, but unfortunately I do not own an electric car and I hope to own it in the future
Kapuja

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 07:22:30 AM

I think electric cars are very good, because they are environmentally friendly and do not cause air pollution.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2020, 07:40:16 AM

Sooner than later all cars will be electric. You just cannot escape it. See cameras, all digital now. Where is your film camera? And the economies of scale will drive the price down. Already China has lots of 1k USD golf cart like things that don't go fast but get the job done and its a massive hit there. Then you can go all the way up until the 100k USD Teslas. Even those, are far much simpler than ICE vehicles. Look at them both inside and compare.

Its like comparing CRT with LED monitors. Its a tremendous magnitude of complexity in difference. And yes, i guess CRT vs LED is also a valid analogy.

Even if you love your ICE, gas stations will slowly shrink and keep disappearing. When was the last time you saw a video tape rental or film developing shop? ICE cars had their century of glory, but their time has come to an end. Say goodbye to vroom, and hello to wheez or whatever.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
dikobraz123

Activity: 88
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 08:05:49 AM

I don't like electric cars, because they are NOT as green as most people think. They run on batteries, but how do you produce electric power to charge that battery? You have to burn coal or use nuclear fuel or destroy a river if you want to construct hydro power Dam. So called "green" energy sources (wind, solar) are also not so green - the production of solar panels is very "dirty", and can somebody enlighten me how to ecologically dispose huge polyester laminate wind turbine blades?
Humankind must develop new ways of producing really green electrical energy (Thorium based nuclear reactor maybe?) first!
jrrsparkles

View Profile
August 26, 2020, 06:57:20 PM

I don't like electric cars, because they are NOT as green as most people think. They run on batteries, but how do you produce electric power to charge that battery? You have to burn coal or use nuclear fuel or destroy a river if you want to construct hydro power Dam. So called "green" energy sources (wind, solar) are also not so green - the production of solar panels is very "dirty", and can somebody enlighten me how to ecologically dispose huge polyester laminate wind turbine blades?
Humankind must develop new ways of producing really green electrical energy (Thorium based nuclear reactor maybe?) first!
Can you explain why solar, wind and hydro powers are not green? They are created using the natural renewable resources and available abundant in nature.Extraction of fuel does more harm to this planet, especially collapsing the internal structure which often causes lot of natural disasters and polluting the ecological system.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
dikobraz123

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 07:39:01 AM
Merited by notblox1 (1)

My statement was: "So called "green" energy sources (wind, solar) are also not so green". My intention was to point out that all this green hype has a lot of flaws and shortcomings.

Hydro power dams (I'm talking about the large ones) - in order to build and run it you have to dig a large reservoir which distrupts river flow, and that can have a nasty consequences:
 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8525233/The-dam-start-war-Egypt-Ethiopia.html.

Wind turbines - blades for that things are huge and made of glass reinforced polyester resin or similar non-recyclable material. After 20 years of work you have to dispose those huge blades somehow. They also tend to be noisy, and due to harsh conditions they often work in - require a lot of maintenance crew intervention.

Solar panels - a small quote from provided link:
"Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants. They also contain lead, cadmium, and other toxic (even carcinogenic) chemicals that cannot be removed without breaking apart the entire panel. Worse, rainwater can wash many of these toxics out of the fragments of solar modules over time."
https://www.cfact.org/2019/09/15/the-solar-panel-toxic-waste-problem/

Also bear in mind that backbone of every good power grid are thermal power stations (be it nuclear or coal or gas) and large hydro power dams. Wind and solar can't give you power when you need it - they produce power when there is wind or sunshine.

All in all I just wish to stress that there is also the other side of the "green fairytale" story.
btc_love

Activity: 566
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 12:56:04 PM
Merited by cryptobull3 (1)

I'm looking forward to the time when most of the cars will be electric cars. Then I will change my car for an electric one. Because at the moment there are no conditions for this.
sinazizi

Activity: 33
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 03:48:35 PM
Merited by cryptobull3 (3)

I lile hybrid cars the better, my favorite one is BMW i8, hope I can get one of that soon!
jrrsparkles

View Profile
August 27, 2020, 06:16:29 PM

My statement was: "So called "green" energy sources (wind, solar) are also not so green". My intention was to point out that all this green hype has a lot of flaws and shortcomings.

Hydro power dams (I'm talking about the large ones) - in order to build and run it you have to dig a large reservoir which distrupts river flow, and that can have a nasty consequences:
 https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8525233/The-dam-start-war-Egypt-Ethiopia.html.

Wind turbines - blades for that things are huge and made of glass reinforced polyester resin or similar non-recyclable material. After 20 years of work you have to dispose those huge blades somehow. They also tend to be noisy, and due to harsh conditions they often work in - require a lot of maintenance crew intervention.

Solar panels - a small quote from provided link:
"Solar panels generate 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than nuclear power plants. They also contain lead, cadmium, and other toxic (even carcinogenic) chemicals that cannot be removed without breaking apart the entire panel. Worse, rainwater can wash many of these toxics out of the fragments of solar modules over time."
https://www.cfact.org/2019/09/15/the-solar-panel-toxic-waste-problem/

Also bear in mind that backbone of every good power grid are thermal power stations (be it nuclear or coal or gas) and large hydro power dams. Wind and solar can't give you power when you need it - they produce power when there is wind or sunshine.

All in all I just wish to stress that there is also the other side of the "green fairytale" story.
So you are saying we don't have to produce electricity anymore? Apart from the vehicle we need electricity for everyday works and in next 20 years or more there will no more natural fuels will be available so how can we use vehicles by that time?

Any better alternative than electric cars?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
KIMIHIME

Activity: 510

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 04:08:21 AM

I still don't understand whether an electric car in fuel costs is cheaper than a car that runs on oil?
dikobraz123

View Profile
August 28, 2020, 07:09:46 AM

@jrrsparkles
I don't say anything like that; what I'm saying is that there are more advanced and greener alternatives in electric energy production (thorium based nuclear power plants, using stirling engine instead of photovoltaic cells for solar energy exploit, ...). I believe we have to push that kind of technology.
Regarding alternative to electric cars -  hydrogen powered cars can be a good alternative.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: