Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:48:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do traders pay income taxes?  (Read 1583 times)
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:50:19 PM

I don't think so trading is not considered as income but still, it's your amount which matters if you have a higher amount trading then, of course, you have to pay income taxes but if you have smaller amounts and you are creating because of your individual profit then you do not have to. There is a line which if you cross only then you have to pay income tax. But still there transaction fees which are being deducted no matter you win or lose you have to pay those trading charges from every order you do.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
balfouri

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:58:59 PM

I'd like to start trading, but what happens when you get profit from a new coin? you pay taxes as individual (like capital gain) or you must open a registered company?
In our country cryptocurrency is not illegal and not legal but we had a freedom.What earn in this cryptocurrecy was no taxes because it is not a registered income.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:03:03 PM

I'd like to start trading, but what happens when you get profit from a new coin? you pay taxes as individual (like capital gain) or you must open a registered company?

The question is interesting, of course. In General, the income tax will have to pay, I think, to come to the tax and declare. Perhaps, if you do it professionally, there are taxes for self-maintenance, in each country in different ways. I do not think that you just need to run and register an individual entrepreneur, first you need to learn how to not lose money.
DonnieMitchel

Activity: 194
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:06:08 PM

in most countries, crypto trading is still illegal or unauthorized, thus you do not pay any taxes.
To pay or not to pay, you will have to check you country regulations
Sondale

Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:19:10 PM

actually i think it depends on the country you work in and on the conditions you have for your working process
Sondale

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:19:48 PM

The question is interesting, of course. In General, the income tax will have to pay, I think, to come to the tax and declare. Perhaps, if you do it professionally, there are taxes for self-maintenance, in each country in different ways. I do not think that you just need to run and register an individual entrepreneur, first you need to learn how to not lose money.
yes you have to pay taxes btu what if yiu are worling form the country in whicg cryptocurrency world is not allowed
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2018, 09:45:36 PM

Sure, it all depends on the country you are a resident. However, it is counted as capital gains.
You can open a company, but it's harder to withdraw fiat to the company's bank account, as far as I am aware on coinbase it will be quite an issue. They stopped for a while, not sure what's happening now if you can open an account on coinbase as a company.
What works for me, is being as a self-employed, once you withdraw you pay the taxes from the gains.
paramelton

Activity: 171

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:41:09 AM

That pretty much depends on the country where you get your income for trading and that certain country's tax system. But I know many people who don't pay tax from crypto earnings at all, they use to go to bitcoin ATMs, even travel to different countries and get fiat from there.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:33:36 PM

all move to denmark there are no taxes on crypto

or if you are amateur just gambling on shitcoins with no training and just guessing if they will go up or down it will be gambling and again zero tax for some countries like uk and others.

stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:38:10 PM

I think they are if the wallets designed by their country requires tax/es to pay before some cash-out requests then they are paying it but if there's not then they only pay the transaction fee/s in the exchange they are traded.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kool5

Activity: 266

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:39:11 PM

They themselves do not know what they did, because the crypt on the blockade is decentralized and no taxes are needed. And if someone paid taxes, he was and did not participate on his platform or did something wrong.

цeнтp] ◣ Stake.com ◥
«Stake 2 - Игpaй yмнee»
12+ Peжимы игpы | Дocтaтoчнo чecтнo | Eжeднeвныe paздaчи
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

Tax is not apply to trading in crypto but some country are on that to make it work by collecting tax from every crypto trader which as brought about regulating and legalized the crypto but it all depends on your country if is allow and if the tax has been impose on trader but most are not paying now cause crypto is still decentralized and not control by any government .

boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:47:52 PM

Mostly It depends on the country that you are based in. As an exemple, in my country, traders are not paying any taxes, however for big amount of money you must go and register your cash and how you got them at the financial institute.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:10:42 PM

Different country different rules, you need to ask in your local board and maybe some crypto expert will give you suggestion, I don’t have pay income tax because my country haven’t announcement accept cryptocurrency or it’s illegal, so I just direct withdrawal profit to my bank account
Ondre

Activity: 238

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:16:26 PM
Merited by Masongrae (1)

I think it depends on what country you belong. In our country if you are registered as a company, then you are really expected to pay your taxes.
If you call it a personal business and register in the government, you pay tax.
If you’re trading independently but not registered as a worker, you don’t pay taxes in a sense you pay tax through your payment in exchangers where you exchanged your money.
As for me, if i will be taxed, I don’t have problem with it because I know it can help the economy of my nation.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vasilisochka

Activity: 297

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:19:02 PM

On the exchanges take commission for the withdrawal of funds. While not large, so there are no special disappointments.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░          UBEX          ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓
▓██████████████████░░          Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange          ░░██████████████████▓
▓███░   • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github   ░███▓
pinoyrichkids

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 01:22:06 PM

Crypto trading this time do not imposed taxes,  but it depends on your country of origin, if the cryptocurrency has been regulated, expect that you need to pay the right taxes, but if the country does not regulate yet the cryptocurrency, taxes is a NO. Ive been reading some of this information and based on what ive heard.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:25:56 PM

One of the reason why people invest in bitcoin, they want to hide their money for avoiding tax.
But as a good people, we have to pay tax for our country Cheesy
Dhaniii

Activity: 728
Merit: 100

https://i.imgur.com/hgxNNiA.png

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

As far as I know, trading coin does not pay taxes, because there are no regulations governing if a trader has to pay taxes from a portion of the income earned. but only pay a fee when we want to buy and sell new coins. on all exchanger there will be deductions from the balance if you make a sale.

markcruz5554

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:39:08 PM

You're supposed to if you make a profit but most probably don't. Taxes are a part of any sort of business.

▰▰▰      ApolloX      ▰▰▰
 ▰ APOLLOX Protocol - Decentralized E-Commerce  ▰
http://www.apollox.network/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: