Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:01:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 90% Altcoins will die?  (Read 1872 times)
diamondroyal

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

Repme.io

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:15:19 PM

Thats true, mist of them don't have product use case.

▬▬▬▬▬ ◯●●   REPME.io   ●●◯ ▬▬▬▬▬
The new WEBSITE will be LAUNCHED on the 1st NOV
Please check the Whitepaper for more complete info
Veter2000

Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:18:16 PM

Hello everyone, Like you've seen the title, My Question is that people say 90% of altcoins will die, If there are 1500 altcoins then 90% is big number, But i've never seen a coin die unless it was a scam or something, even Bitconnect is still alive, How will the Altcoins die? Is it even possible?

I agree with the predictions that 90% of altcoins will die within the next 5 years. The death of altcoin is when they stop trading and stop using. Even now most coins have very little liquidity and a daily turnover on crypto exchanges, despite the fact that they have a large capitalization.
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:19:20 PM

Hello everyone, Like you've seen the title, My Question is that people say 90% of altcoins will die, If there are 1500 altcoins then 90% is big number, But i've never seen a coin die unless it was a scam or something, even Bitconnect is still alive, How will the Altcoins die? Is it even possible?
In the current market are so many Shitcoins, it would not surprise me in any way, if some will get lost and we will see them never again. It's one of the biggest problems of Bitcoins to have so many Shitcoins and Scam coins.

Smiley Smiley
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:20:24 PM

Yes, I believe that 90% of altcoins are not going to survive for the long term, the majority are just trash that don't actually need to exist, Ethereum, EOS, ADA and other smart-contract capable blockchains can achieve the functions of 99% of altcoins, hence rendering them essentially useless.
Walero

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

They are already dying, since the host is affected there body and the shell will equally collapse. Most coin are relying on bitcoin and ethereum once these two are having issues, it will affect all of them.
QMC

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:15:44 AM

there is no Detailed statistics about how many of them will die or how many will remain but im sure in near future most of the useless ones will die .
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:35:58 PM

Oh, that is one pure fact. I am sure at some conference, even Vitalik mentioned it himself, that so many of the tokens on the Ethereum smart contract as well as coins with no products or possible real life usage will end up dead just the same way companies in this category dies every day.

Nevertheless, it is the crypto space and no matter what I am sure one way or the other, shit coins will still be manipulated and we will still get to see some people trading them as low as their knowledge is. That does not necessarily mean their days are not numbered, and you may be looking at bitconnect still trading, but the question you should be asking is at what volume ?

Probably anyone holding the coin at the moment is just bag holding a shit coin with the hope that one dumb investor will come pick it up from them at a higher price one day.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
popkiko

Activity: 90
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:38:40 PM

It is possible if the project has no more investor or exchange to support it.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:44:10 PM

I think as long as cryptocurrency exist not all of that 90% will die.Maybe some of those especially those scam projects because bitcoin community now are smarter enough to choose coins to invest with. Money is hard to earn so let us make wise and sound decisions at all times.
thaokhuyen03

Activity: 58

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:49:41 PM

This might be true. By too many born Alcoin are not beneficial for life or have no outstanding application. This will be dismissed early, as no one uses them.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 03:03:32 PM

Its entirely possible and always happening in the market because most of the coins do make it upto the exchanger and then over the CMC listing but in the later times they may not perform well and thus does not receive any good volume. If the coins are not getting proper volume per 24 hours then such coins are immediately delisted from the CMC and thus they are almost ending up into the trash can. If you observe the CMC then you will see the coins number changing all the time. This is because not all of them are able to develop in proper ways all the time.
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:32:07 PM

Yes, this is a pretty discussed topic. Perhaps "die" is not the right word. Perhaps it is better to say that they will become useless. Without any financial cover. Then they will simply exist without meaning. And I personally think that the number of these coins will be big.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
anil_saini01

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:34:45 PM

Yes, most of the coins that have no use and no potential will surely die but 90% is an overstatement. There are many good projects are there which are trying to solve real world problems and have some use cases that can be implemented in real world.
candolbitcoin214

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:39:44 PM

To what data did they derive the basis of the 90% death of altcoins?  We could never say for sure because for one altcoins and cryptocurrency is align to the needs of the digital world.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:39:57 PM

Probability really exists, so I think that it is necessary that such an idea does not go out of the head especially those people who now have investments in the long term. It is necessary that people always remember this.
dollurs

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:44:14 PM

Die mean some coins will become inactive for some reason like if they don't have a real world value. Lots of coins came to the market after seeing the success of the market last year. But if they can't survive in the market they will valueless in the future. That means those coins will die.   
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 03:44:41 PM

up to now, forwarding a new altcoin, whether it's shitcoin or not, makes crypto destroy itself. inadequate market and even the market is now starting to try filtering coins or tokens that will enter the market because after all they still expect good trading volume in it and not including manipulation.

maybe until early 2019 there will be quite a lot of altcoins that die in volume because the interest of the community has disappeared and many are starting to realize how crypto is running

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Vladique

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 03:57:48 PM

If the situation on the market continues, then by the end of 2019 many projects will die. I think this number will be more than 90 percent
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:04:33 PM

You can count on one hand the number of coins that are currently being used in the real world, and on two hands the number of coins that have a financially viable plan for ever being used in the real world. Everything else is pure speculation - these coins will eventually fall to zero when even the naivest of investors realize they are holding trash.

It will take a while though. Just look at Bitconnect. It was obviously a scam for months before it finally crashed, yet people were still buying it.
Yeah there are just a few coins like Bitcoin, ethereum and Monero etc which are being used in the real world the others are of course trash but they will take time to be rejected by the users. Not every coin like bitconnect falls or is exposed as scam because they use different techniques.
I was not so experienced when bitconnect was launched and in a discussion I told my friends that it is a scam and we will see the investors crying soon.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:45:32 AM

as you say it is impossible for altcoin to die. even scam coins can still be traded. if because their prices continue to go down is a reason, it seems less appropriate.
Maybe you guys are not checking at the tail end of coinmarketcap to see coins and tokens that are already trading with no volume at all and have been rejected and delisted for a long time by exchanges, as even the devs are no longer continuing with it and has dumped on the market already.

It may not be up to 90% but the truth is that a lot of coins with no product in the long term will find it hard to survive the market as the market keeps getting matured. We are not matured yet, so trust me, everything still goes, but wait for it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: