Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:14:33 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People are not motivated by money.  (Read 3214 times)
F_Ivanov1993_

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:25:42 PM

There is a category of people who do not want to earn, but work in order to have money for life, and there are people who are ready for anything, only to earn more.
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 03:55:45 PM

I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
Yet you might agree that innovations would be impossible without capitalism, as it is the money that fulfill one's basic needs and let him realize his potential.
Another point is that all inventions require substantial investment in the required equipment, technical assistance, etc. - and here money is also of great importance.

tepakpak

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:17:26 PM

Yes, right, but money is now the motivation of some people because they want a good life especially now that everything is expensive.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:18:51 PM

I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
You have mentioned a deep thought.
I think that peoples are not motivated by money but the thing they are been motivated with needs a lot of capitalisation which is only fullfilled with the help of money.
Money plays an important role in each terms and most of the peoples work harder and harder to earn some money and only the minimum of them work to really fullfill their dreams.
kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:33:33 PM

Just there is a category of people who put their dreams and goals above money.Such people usually invent something and become geniuses..At the moment, people are stuck in the paradigm of ,,consumption,,.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:35:30 PM

Purpose is everything and so is money these days, in fact money is purpose enough to motivate
us to work, strive, succeed and survive in today's economy and society. It's true there are powerful
and insanely admirable rich individuals that have focused their time and effort on making a change,
leaving lasting legacies on their names. But I think a lot of people are still motivated by money and
power. Influence and wealth is still of great prominence and importance in our life and reality.
Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:38:12 PM

I agree. Not everyone thinks that money is the end-all, be-all of their entire being. That said, money motivates people to work hard. Take joining the crypto world as an example. There are those who join the crypto world because they want to earn money fast, but there are also those who start using crypto for other reasons.
deerlion

Activity: 106
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:51:20 PM

Most intelligent people realize the pursuit of money is empty, they want to leave a real mark on the world and change the future for the better.

I actually believe we would be more advanced if we didn't have a ruthless capitalistic society.  Think of how many geniuses had their talents wasted because of extreme poverty which leads to constant stress.
torkinakiza

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 05:01:02 PM

You are right, money does not drive TO EVERYBODY to do things.Money allows us to access different goods and services to which we ourselves put the price. But, there are people who want a better quality of life, and those people do see money as something that motivates them to improve every day.

There are many people in the world, I could not generalize about what motivates each person.

The food motivates me Cheesy
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:35:35 PM

Everything you said is true and I wont argue with that more.

But I will surely make one point here that, money does motivate people to work hard. Now the examples you have given are far greater and are not relayed with the general people. If we go with the general people thoughts then note that they work 12-18 hours a day just because they will be getting their salary at the end of every month. If they even take the leave, go away with their work or under perform then surely things can worsen for themselves and they may get less salary. Just with that thought also most of them go on the work even when they are sick!! Just because they dont want to have less money in their ever salary.
That is it, however, even though it does not motivate people to work hard, that does not stop it from being additional benefit which we all know in the world we are living now; a lot of people have been fixated on the idea of just making money even if they do not like what they are doing.

Usually, for quite very few, I would say they could get motivated based on the passion they have for what they are doing, and even without the money, the fact that they are fulfilling their desires, is enough motivation for them. For people that create solutions to problems, bring up innovation, and do it well, sure thing, money will always be a side benefit.
toolucky98

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:55:25 PM

but now everyone chasing money and making it their motivation in work, and most of them think money is the only one
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:03:37 PM

Absolutely! Not all the people are motivated by money. It is not their reason to do something they need to do or must do. Passion and the future what motivated a person. They tend to do the things they like or obligue because they want it not just for the money but for the passion and satisfaction they will have and get. Nevertheless, some people makes money as their motovation like they are working not because they want to bit because of the wages they will get.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:14:14 PM

obviously they scientists sometimes don't think about how much money they spend on their experiments and sometimes don't even think about income before their research is successful what they think is how their research can succeed and succeed.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:23:51 PM

I agree with what you've said, in my opinion there's two kind of person, one will work hard for money and the other want don't care about money but he want to change something. A lot of people fell in the first category, money motivates them to work hard because they need it to survive, to buy daily neccesities etc, maybe later when they have enough money and life become boring then they will change to the second type.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:27:37 PM

The scientist is a researcher who is looking for a theory and sometimes looking for a definite discovery as long as their struggle is not getting results instead of spending their money but not being minded because their goal is how their research can be achieved and the smelly success after that they will get their money coffers.
KGBx

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:45:07 PM

Currently it is really not about money but actually money is the most powerful equivalent of desired goods, it can be about free time or hobbies, presents etc. Money decides a lot today.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:46:49 PM

Everything you said is true and I wont argue with that more.

But I will surely make one point here that, money does motivate people to work hard. Now the examples you have given are far greater and are not relayed with the general people. If we go with the general people thoughts then note that they work 12-18 hours a day just because they will be getting their salary at the end of every month. If they even take the leave, go away with their work or under perform then surely things can worsen for themselves and they may get less salary. Just with that thought also most of them go on the work even when they are sick!! Just because they dont want to have less money in their ever salary.
That is it, however, even though it does not motivate people to work hard, that does not stop it from being additional benefit which we all know in the world we are living now; a lot of people have been fixated on the idea of just making money even if they do not like what they are doing.

Usually, for quite very few, I would say they could get motivated based on the passion they have for what they are doing, and even without the money, the fact that they are fulfilling their desires, is enough motivation for them. For people that create solutions to problems, bring up innovation, and do it well, sure thing, money will always be a side benefit.
I agree that people are interested in innovation but on the other side not all. These are just a few who are committed to innovate, the rest of the people are those who get benefits of these innovation. If someone says that I am reinventing the wheel we call him stupid in our language.
Here we have the same case, may be satoshi was only interested in giving a different financial model to the world but all the remaining people including myself are interested to gain benefits from it.
All the investors of the crypto are after money and if someone deny it, the truth doesn't change.
dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:05:27 PM

it is not true. people are just motivated by money, they think that money can buy everything but in time they realize that they made a mistake
In my opinion there is no problem if people are motivated by money because money is one of the important factors in our lives. Everything need money and if you have enough of money it Will help you to guarantee your family life. People work hard to earn money because they want to improve their life to be better.
people12345

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:04:20 PM

I am totally agreed to this statement but, nowadays, most of the people are more concern to money than anything since money is the most important factors in our lives, it is the one who provides our life. We work because we want to give our family a better life, we want to give them their needs as well as their wants. Therefore, there is no problem if the people will motivated by money because it is one that we need to we work for.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:27:57 PM

People should not be motivated by money, money is literally a needs for us but it is just a way that we could porvide ourselves together with our family to support our daily needs. It is not necessary for to have a lot of money to live or to have life. So we should motivate ourselves to make a living rather than to earn money and do nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: