Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:59:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People are not motivated by money.  (Read 3214 times)
Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:58:11 PM

I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)
Not all learned inventors sought to get rich. But money can be a good motivation for work!
denuhaqiqi

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:54:24 PM

we work because we want to get money. for most people, money is a motivation. Only a few people do not make money as their motivation, but satisfaction with something like a hobby and creativity will be their motivation. but in the end, a hobby or creativity that is able to produce beautiful and interesting works will also be rewarded by money or appreciation. according to my own thoughts, money is still the motivation of most people in living their lives.
missyqt29

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:29:23 PM

I always hear the argument for capitalism "B bb BUT people won't innovate without the profit motive" WRONG

Humans want to solve problems, create, and innovate, they do not need money to motivate them.  Cavemen were painting art 20,000 years ago without the desire of money.

True scientists like Tesla, he didn't care about money it was about the pursuit of science.

Capitalism does not cause innovation, most new technology is found by government programs like nasa (internet, smartphones, etc)

For me that's not true. The money can control one's life that's why more people argument because of money. The money can motivate someone because the money is the most important thing in this world. We work because of money, We need to fill in our needs or help our family in our expenses.
davit putra
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:46:56 PM

I am motivated by money. I think to meet the needs, money is very necessary. People work hard to earn money, and money can be a motivation for people to do anything.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 04:20:24 PM

Well, I believe that everyone is not looking for money as a final destination but in this modern world (Kali Yuga) the basic emotional necessities for human (like love, respect, trust and care) are getting rare day by day and sadly, we are looking for money to buy it. Yes, there are some exceptions for it as OP mentioned.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 04:27:52 PM

we work because we want to get money. for most people, money is a motivation. Only a few people do not make money as their motivation, but satisfaction with something like a hobby and creativity will be their motivation. but in the end, a hobby or creativity that is able to produce beautiful and interesting works will also be rewarded by money or appreciation. according to my own thoughts, money is still the motivation of most people in living their lives.

Fundamentally, it is not money itself that motivates us

In simple terms, there are two things which are behind the motivation we have in the pursuit of obtaining more money. First, it is all the things we can buy with it even though we may not consciously understand it or think about it. And second, it is the choice and freedom of choice that money gives us. In this way, money is purely utilitarian, which can be proven by a simple mental experiment. For example, if you desperately wanted something but couldn't buy it with money (for whatever reason), what would you choose, that thing or its money equivalent?

GunsLair

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:37:02 PM
Merited by yulchatar (1)

And it seems to me that on the contrary, in our modern world almost all people are motivated by money. Everyone rushes to work every morning to earn a living and pay for their needs. And what you write about people who want to change the world and something to invent, they do it when they already have wealth and all this becomes available when they have achieved that they can't deny themselves anything.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:43:11 PM

And it seems to me that on the contrary, in our modern world almost all people are motivated by money. Everyone rushes to work every morning to earn a living and pay for their needs. And what you write about people who want to change the world and something to invent, they do it when they already have wealth and all this becomes available when they have achieved that they can't deny themselves anything.

Because times have changed a lot but the mentality of people don't We really need to get up every morning, go to work because we have mouths to feed. Unless you got lucky and born with a silver spoon. So for me, people works hard to accumulate wealth so that when they retire, they can still live comfortably. So I'm not against people who are motivated by money just like everyone, but its how you earn. If by illegal means then thats something not universally accepted by society and sooner or later it will all vanished in thin air. Just look at those drug lords, Pablo Escobar lives lavishy but when he died, everything is nothing, not even his family is living a good life now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
juki35man

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:43:58 PM

strongly agree, many people are smart and have ideas / innovations but they cannot develop it because of lack of money, more money
but there are also intelligent people with limitations, he can create new things that can benefit others without thinking about money
Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:22:16 PM

strongly agree, many people are smart and have ideas / innovations but they cannot develop it because of lack of money, more money
but there are also intelligent people with limitations, he can create new things that can benefit others without thinking about money
I agree some people are motivated by money since they lack it and they also need it. But some people don't think about the money, they're more focused if their new things can help a lot of people. It's different, some people perspective is to get rich, while other people perspective is to help poor people to get rich.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:28:35 PM

People who are rooting for their idea - that's people who are not motivated by money. But, unfortunately, money is needed to realize their idea. Therefore, usually such people have to look for investors who will be able to invest their money in their idea. So, no matter whether we like it or not everything in this life revolves around money. And in the end all people are turn out motivated.
LyQaN

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:16:24 PM

All the points you mentioned are true and not together , people wanted to innovate things they did but it requires a little money they don't work for it but they need it even if it is  just to survive ,secondly most of population does not work or cannot work to bring a great change in world ,they work to live a better life they move to different countries get their phd's work extra shifts ,long shifts to only have a little more money than usual , all of the business organizations will only work for most of the part if they some profit tangible or intangible.so yeah people are ready to work extra if they good extra money specially those who live below poverty line.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:39:42 PM

I'd disagree because can you ask all your relatives why do they do their work even though they don't like it? Money will be the answer, and it is pure motivation.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:09:02 PM

The reason why people are creating new ideas is for them to earn huge money. I really believe that money is the only thing who controls the world because many people are doing bad things just for money, that is why changing that concept is the best way for us to be motivated even without money.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
Kat_messy

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:04:41 AM

There are two kinds of ppl: ones are motivated by the idea; others by money! But even those who are motivated by the idea, still need some basic funds. Even Tesla, who was a scientist by heart, nearly died of hunger. There is a bottom line for everything..
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:36:35 AM

The reason why people are creating new ideas is for them to earn huge money. I really believe that money is the only thing who controls the world because many people are doing bad things just for money, that is why changing that concept is the best way for us to be motivated even without money.
each person has a different spirit, and different triggers. sometimes, money becomes a factor to make them excited. but, sometimes, a real estate, or another business makes them try to be harder to try. for me, money is just a stepping stone to make my business successful.
Cliparts

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:30:21 PM

but now everyone chasing money and making it their motivation in work, and most of them think money is the only one
Yes well money is not our only motivation but sometime it become the basic need for us, we should try to earn money in several ways, but money should be earn inform of crypto because now people are not much inspired with money only but they want new things, like digital money and digital currency to get new technologies and basic needs of life should be fulfilled with crypto currency as well.
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:42:45 PM

People should not be motivated by money, money is literally a needs for us but it is just a way that we could porvide ourselves together with our family to support our daily needs. It is not necessary for to have a lot of money to live or to have life. So we should motivate ourselves to make a living rather than to earn money and do nothing.
But most of the people who are on this forum are motivated by money and chance to increase their wallets thanks to investing in some coins, they are looking for information here which one they should pick.

seniorita

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:59:50 PM

Main reason why they care about money because money can buy them everything in this world, that's why they need find job to get money and using that to sustain their life.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:08:33 PM

I don't know if I fully agree with this.  I think a lot of inventors are looking to get rich and not just to advance technology--history is full of people like that.  Fame and recognition also are factors, but money is a huge motivating factor for a lot of people.  I'd also point out that great advancements in tech or anything else generally make a LOT of money for whoever ends up buying whatever it is we're talking about, a patent, a device, whatever.

Economists would also have a field day with OP's argument, as they tend to think solely in economic terms.  I don't think everyone is motivated by money but you can't deny the importance of it.
Me too I don't think that I would agree that people are not motivated by money, because many people if they have and earn money there motivation increases especially if they earn a lot of.money they are motivated to do work and other stuffs. Remember that many people want to get rich so that for them to be rich they must be motivate to there work in order o earn money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: