Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any chance of having one global currency?  (Read 2137 times)
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 07:32:37 PM

Could you see a future wherein the entire world shares one global currency, be it fiat or crypto? If I think it in a scifi kind of way, it would most probably be some digital currency that could all just use. It doesn't even have to be in this century. Maybe the next?
The kind of world using one currency is not feasible now or in the future. The whole world is not at the same level of development, either in terms of infrastructure, economy or political stability. This kind of wide imbalance between countries will be an hindrance in achieving a one world currency system. But like you said maybe the next century, who knows?

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
syamster

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 08:05:41 PM

yeah, the same chance as we will have one good king who will rule all the planet without any greedy
But for me it is not good at all, we should have better investments, there should be more than one currency which can give us saving of money, for me bitcoin is best because it use to get high in price when more people make investment, get down as well so price changes, so if we will buy more it will get us huge profit later on in future.

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:31:17 AM

unless there is a world dictator or some crazy stuff like that I think people just like having multiple currencies right now we separate the currencies for each country but as we see with crypto it can be for different use cases.
I don't see the market changing much. Just like how Google amazon have a lot of market share of the Internet some top 2-5 cryptos will take most market share and become the norm to use.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:21:48 AM

I doubt that a global currency will happen not unless we experience an earth shifting event that we would.only have one leader. But outside that, i doubt that the ego of each and every country would allow that to happen. Besides, it would relinquish control and no government leader would do that.

futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 07:58:52 AM

I think there is a possibility there will be one global currency, because the world is always making changes. Cryptocurrency is likely to be the answer as a global currency that will be used in the future.

Global currency is not an easy way to setup because many governments will not accept for this proposal as they don't anything positive about the market. So it will take a lot of time because all governments should come closer in order to find a solution and it is impossible to set up on global currency for all.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:21:23 AM

Could you see a future wherein the entire world shares one global currency, be it fiat or crypto? If I think it in a scifi kind of way, it would most probably be some digital currency that could all just use. It doesn't even have to be in this century. Maybe the next?
the exact development is in line with the times and technology and it is possible that crypto currencies and fiat currencies can develop along with mutual benefits that maybe all we need is to be able to take advantage of opportunities to benefit from investing.
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:38:43 AM

Well, everything is possible, because look at how technology grows these days. It is possible for the world to have one global currency, but it's not appropiate for now. Because too much changing could cause a disaster. But maybe one day, it could happen.
I do not think so because countries are in competition with each other and they will never leave their currencies which are at the center of today’s business. On the other hand, if crypto coins especially the Bitcoin even if gains the highest strength it has nothing to do with other currencies. Bitcoin and other crypto coins will exist in future but it will have effect on fiat and it is completely wrong that fiat will disappear.
GoldenBell

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:59:29 AM

This can happen if all governments accept bitcoin as a legitimate currency. But in order for it to be true, more adjustments are needed to overcome the limitations of bitcoin
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:39:30 AM

The possibility is plausible but I think it will only work when the humanities works together to create something better instead of being greedy and taking advantage of others. Having one global currency means we are one in nature. It's not possible specially our society is kind of brutal this days.
That some thing better could only be one global market and that is possible only when the countries around the world agree to use and introduce Bitcoin into their arenas. As far as the technology is not allowed to be used, it can never become one global currency. In addition, the rest of the crypto currencies have no chance in the presence of Bitcoin so if we see the possibility and probability of having a global currency in future, that could only be Bitcoin.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:53:16 AM

While we have no such chance. As long as there are many states in our world and each state will have its own, conflicting interests, there will still be hotbeds of tension between them, until then we will have no common world currency. A single world currency can only be when there is peace and tranquility on the planet. This is unlikely to be possible in the near future. In the meantime, each state will hold on to its national money.
Sekhmetaladin

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:40:56 AM

Many argue that Cryptocurrency is a development trend that is hard to avoid in the future. However, new things that will replace the old will have to go through extremely difficult periods, especially when it threatens the authority of the authorities. Bitcoin is growing very fast, but it can also "die back" in the future because of government intervention.
In addition, the fact that Bitcoin can not be used as originally intended is expected in the design of the payment function.
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

I don't think it will be possible, there will certainly be many global currencies created because there will be a lot of economic developments that may in the future use digital currencies and will use both digital currencies and fiat currencies for global currencies.
I know many of us recommend bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies but i think only dollar recurrences can rule the world. Bitcoin is slowly banned and i think in future it will banned everywhere.
This discussion has some of the politics involved in it as well. No matter how much Bitcoin flourish in the US and the European countries, US will never let it damage its national currency’s value because that is of prime importance to the US and US earns a lot with this USD Dominance thing. So Bitcoin can have a chance to become one global currency and this is one sweet dream however I do not think it is a realistic one.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:49:53 PM

I don't think it will be possible, there will certainly be many global currencies created because there will be a lot of economic developments that may in the future use digital currencies and will use both digital currencies and fiat currencies for global currencies.
I know many of us recommend bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies but i think only dollar recurrences can rule the world. Bitcoin is slowly banned and i think in future it will banned everywhere.
This discussion has some of the politics involved in it as well. No matter how much Bitcoin flourish in the US and the European countries, US will never let it damage its national currency’s value because that is of prime importance to the US and US earns a lot with this USD Dominance thing. So Bitcoin can have a chance to become one global currency and this is one sweet dream however I do not think it is a realistic one.
But they cannot control how people feel about their currency, the US is manipulating its currency as if there are no consequences for it because they have been doing this for decades, but everything has its limits and I am sure we are going to see the limits of what they can do in the next years and decades because for the first time a real competitor has appeared and its name is bitcoin.
iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:05:48 AM

I think there is a possibility there will be one global currency, because the world is always making changes. Cryptocurrency is likely to be the answer as a global currency that will be used in the future.
blockchain technology create alternatives technology on digitial currency.and day by day people become very mobile, this technology could help them alot in future.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
zoeylee
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 05:08:55 AM

In my opinion, change is constant. But with regards for a chance of having one global currency i think it takes many years to be implemented. It is because different countries have different policies and regulation.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
oicieffive

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:32:22 AM

This could be difficult to control when we have different culture and economy every country as the standard is not the same. Policies every country had different and this can bring chaos and misunderstanding in every people. Maybe this could be possible if we have only one leader to decide for the whole world.
of course it will cause chaos, I can't imagine if the world only has 1 currency, how to distribute to many countries, how the economy is described in a country (because there is no local currency), and who will control the circulation of this currency (if only one currency)..
A chaos that will not even be able to resolve. Every country worldwide, unless there is a country that is not independent anyway, sure do have a say for their own country, and for something like a global currency to even be a thing, there must have been a country that would want to impose it on other countries and I wonder how that is going to work out.

Just as we have had in the past with USD being a globally accepted currency and every other country still having their own local currency, I would say it is the only thing we are going to get to see which would be an alternative that is accepted worldwide and nothing else.
Only one condition required for that. When all countries accept and legalize bitcoin as their regular currency, it will become global currency for the whole world. There is no doubt that we will enjoy one digital currency in the future. The world is turning towards digital currency and now it is the time to move on digital currency. Crypto is digital currency and bitcoin will be the mainstream in the future.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:10:24 AM

I think the world will eventually have a world government and a world currency.  I think this is very far in the future though.  Bitcoin has already proven that a global currency can work quite well.  It is a lot more convenient when you don't have to worry about exchanging your money for a different currency every time you travel.
In this world of globalization-when everything around the world is being linked through internet- nothing is impossible and this dream of man to have one global currency can also become true if mutual consent is being set. Bitcoin is one great pick for this purpose but the problem is that not all the countries around the world accept it and we are helpless to call it a global currency. This can possible happen in future if it is recognized around the world and I one great medium of exchange.
fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:15:07 AM

yes of course that can happen but to be able to become a global currency it takes a very long time and certainly it requires clear rules for the use of cryptocurrency, while fiat like the USD I see is acceptable and is often used for several countries.
I believe this is more than global currency right now. People are from different backgrounds and countries are entering into this world of trading and investing in bitcoin. We haven’t seen a currency that comes out and then get spread over how world within only few years. Like dollar, it has taken out some hundred years to get over the world economics. But see the bitcoin, it just become amazing.
cancoinl2

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:17:39 AM

There is a possibility that Bitcoin will become a global currency. But a lot of work should be done in this direction. The governments would probably do everything to prevent this scenario, as they're interested in money they can control. It seems more realistic that Bitcoin will be accepted as an alternative to a global currency.
darefreads

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:58:55 AM

I am thinking that bitcoin has the one's who can get that opportunity to be a global currency and I think it would be more useful to any people who will get involved to it. And I think most of the country would accept bitcoin as a second currency in their country.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: