Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:27:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacked by a poor hacker  (Read 974 times)
ui_zakharchenko

Activity: 518
Merit: 325

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:49:02 PM

I think this story is no longer about a bad hacker, but about a failed or unlucky hacker. He could have gotten into any other account.
iwah

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

TREEBLOCK.io

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:54:09 PM

To you #80 dollars might be small money but for the hacker it might be big money for the hacker, I think the important question is how was the hacker able to hack into your wallet, maybe you should share with us so that we can be more careful.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 03:25:27 PM

Do I just heard you calling that a poor hacker.. Lol you joking right, since he's able to hack into your wallet he's no more a poor hacker what if he has taken all the coin in there will you still call him poor,
You will only said you were been hacked and that wallet is no more yours you guys both share it get a new one and send the remaining token. Just be careful
nezzard

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 03:31:00 PM

It's another reason to invent modern counter measures! Hackers activated few years ago, as they understood that crypto sphere can bring them a lot of money...

Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:51:28 PM

Frankly speaking, I think that the majority of people who are hackers today are more likely to show steep steps to identify bugs that will help improve systems in the future, but it is expensive, but we need to develop.
leow

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:08:31 PM

This is a very unpleasant situation that happened to me about a year ago. Now I am actively engaged in the protection of their funds, use separate e-mail addresses for exchanges, wallets and so on. I also store tokens on my hardware wallet. To avoid such hacks in the future, I recommend you to do the same
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:25:44 PM

One wallet - $80, hundred wallets - $8000 because phishing strikes not only a single wallet but almost all who took the bait. I was phished a year ago for nearly $850 and looked at the bastards wallet where $25000 of valid tokens were displayed.
I was amused more than the criminals wallet was connected with the wallet with more than hundred grand.
Nivelir

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:50:34 AM

This is a very unpleasant situation that happened to me about a year ago. Now I am actively engaged in the protection of their funds, use separate e-mail addresses for exchanges, wallets and so on. I also store tokens on my hardware wallet. To avoid such hacks in the future, I recommend you to do the same
I agree, but it seems to me that there is a possibility that you will still be hacked. I think that all security today is based only on trust and if hackers have to get you coins, they will still do it. Therefore, today security is clearly not 100%
Georgiyk

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 03:15:55 PM

Directly not Hacker, but Robin Hood. Stole not the full amount, taking care of the owner of the wallet, so that the owner is not very offended. I also had a case of hacking a purse, a crook stole one strong coin, and a month later he took the remaining coins. It was very disappointing. I hope he will pay for the theft.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
Nivelir

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:02:50 AM

Directly not Hacker, but Robin Hood. Stole not the full amount, taking care of the owner of the wallet, so that the owner is not very offended. I also had a case of hacking a purse, a crook stole one strong coin, and a month later he took the remaining coins. It was very disappointing. I hope he will pay for the theft.
And you did not think about why all the same he could hack you and how did it happen? Because it is very important for security in the future, because today it is a very broad problem of violating the security of wallets.
kenel

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:44:13 PM

it will be an experience for you. good thing you didn't lose even more of your coins. from now on you will know how to protect yourself when it comes to a large amount of money
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:03:09 PM

The hacker was poor or he is just  Robin Hood, we do not know. What we know is that your protection was really poor
if the hacker could manage to have your private key. Maybe he will come back later when there will be more coins in
your wallet , so make sure that not happens and protect you funds properly.

Bolivar_Tony

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:13:16 PM

It's so sad to know about that, the hacker is indeed a poor hacker, because an advance hacker will send more eth to the address and move all the tokens on the wallet, you should be thankful he left some tokens for u.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:38:16 PM

Just want to share my experience for a week ago.my wallet was hacked  by a poor hacker  in my opinion because in my wallet not more than $200 and the hacker was hacked only $80 when eth for the gas  transaction was run out.very so sad when we waiting for the best price and i will sell it but it was hacked
Regardless of the amount of money that the hacker stole from you the fact that you lost money to him is very worrying you need to begin to try to tell how that happened and begin to take measures to try to make another attack against you impossible, because what are you going to do when you finally become successful and make a lot of money and then you lose it all because of the same hacker?
Utuhikan

Activity: 630
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:43:12 PM

Just want to share my experience for a week ago.my wallet was hacked  by a poor hacker  in my opinion because in my wallet not more than $200 and the hacker was hacked only $80 when eth for the gas  transaction was run out.very so sad when we waiting for the best price and i will sell it but it was hacked

I am concerned about what happened to you. As a crypto currency player who plays on the market, my advice is that you really need to pay attention to the security of your wallet account. I know your movement to open your wallet is so high that you have to make various prevention so that a hacker will never be able to hack your wallet. Yeah, the incident has become porridge. Now you can only learn from experience and make new strategies so that you don't become hacking victims. You can read tips in the thread in this forum about how to avoid hacking. I've shared it there too.

▔▔▔▔▔
lorapalmer

Activity: 364

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:44:43 PM

This is unusual that hacker did'nt take all the coins from the wallet. Better take some precautions as he might be back later to take the rest from your wallet. It might be some kind of his strategy. Use hardware wallet only for your digital coins to keep them safe.

fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:10:37 AM

I feel sorry for you but the hacker is indeed poor because he hacked your wallet, even only $80 from it.
You need to use more secure wallet to protect your coins in the future.
If you are using MEW, i suggest you to using other wallet like jaxx or metamask.

Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:51:20 PM

I don't think that your account is what they were actually gunning for, it could be that the hacker just used your account as a way to test if what they are doing is working before they actually moved on to the account that they want to hack. You should be happy that you did not lose too much from the coins when they hacked your account, others are not so lucky

komjhq

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 03:54:09 PM

I don't think that your account is what they were actually gunning for, it could be that the hacker just used your account as a way to test if what they are doing is working before they actually moved on to the account that they want to hack. You should be happy that you did not lose too much from the coins when they hacked your account, others are not so lucky
There are cases when even after registering with an account I notice after a while visiting from other ip-addresses. I can not understand how this is done or this administration is abusing its capabilities.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:10:16 PM

I feel sorry for you but the hacker is indeed poor because he hacked your wallet, even only $80 from it.
You need to use more secure wallet to protect your coins in the future.
If you are using MEW, i suggest you to using other wallet like jaxx or metamask.
The amount you lose to a hacker has nothing to do with the wealth that the hacker has, what if that hacker hacked hundreds of people for amounts similar to that? Suddenly the hacker has tens of thousands of dollars at his disposal from a single hack, forget about such things and concentrate only on how to secure your coins which is the most important thing after you have been hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: