Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:19:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell car for Bitcoin  (Read 2027 times)
Starkick (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:48:59 AM

My friend decided to sell his car and invest all the money in Bitcoin as some people predict that 1 BTC will reach 500 000$ till the end of 2019.
He totally believes in it and tells that then he could buy not only a new car but a flat also.

Does it really worth it? He uses his car for his work and now he wouldn't be able to do this anymore as he thinks there's no need to work anymore.
modamo

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:11:12 AM

This is rather unreasonable step for him. Only if you have free funds, you can deal with crypto currency. Cryptomarket is very volatility. And your friend can
 both lose and make a profit. It's very risky.

Rune
Legendary

Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:13:15 AM

Getting into the market now or anytime in the  next 6-12 months I think is good  thinking it is going to 500,000 in 2019 is just nonsense to much to fast.
Needs better expectations no way he is getting that kind of returns but if he can afford to be with out the money for 10 years maybe he will get what he wants.
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:13:27 AM

This is rather unreasonable step for him. Only if you have free funds, you can deal with crypto currency. Cryptomarket is very volatility. And your friend can
 both lose and make a profit. It's very risky.

The main point is that he doesn't have much money on him. If he would then there will be no need in selling a car.
dohh

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:18:56 AM

My friend decided to sell his car and invest all the money in Bitcoin as some people predict that 1 BTC will reach 500 000$ till the end of 2019.
He totally believes in it and tells that then he could buy not only a new car but a flat also.

Does it really worth it? He uses his car for his work and now he wouldn't be able to do this anymore as he thinks there's no need to work anymore.

I personally think, that if You want to believe those, who predict BTC to rise to 500 K, to sell all their belongins. That would mean 10000% ROI in one year. Why the hell not?
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:24:27 AM

NO, he should NOT do it.

it has nothing to do with the future of bitcoin and what i think about it. but i advise against it because your "friend" is making an investment just because some random person told him it is a good idea and this way of investing is never a good idea and should be avoided.

you should only invest after doing your own extensive research. and even then you should always invest what you can afford to lose not the money that you get from selling your car!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:25:22 AM

Getting into the market now or anytime in the  next 6-12 months I think is good  thinking it is going to 500,000 in 2019 is just nonsense to much to fast.
Needs better expectations no way he is getting that kind of returns but if he can afford to be with out the money for 10 years maybe he will get what he wants.

Who can live without money for 10 years? Cheesy
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 11:27:07 AM

Doesn't he need his car the next couple of months? Does he have a job or is he just planning to wait until 1 Bitcoin = 500k USD?
Sounds like an extremely stupid idea to spend money that you couldn't do without.

Initially I thought it might be a troll, but there are more unbelievable stories than this one.
People selling all their belongings for Bitcoin or taking out huge loans during ATH.

diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:30:01 AM

Bitcoin is the worthy investment but this price prediction is false. So you will earn decent profit in next year and most of the long term holders believe the Bitcoin so your investment will safe in forever. My suggestion don't put ball in basket so you could split to invest in crypto then only it make big success.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
Bitmainer3.0

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:31:48 AM

Hey

I would not recommend to sell a Car for Bitcoins.

Good Luck with this investement.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:32:49 AM

For me is a risky choice that he choose because no one can predict the price of bitcoin he can be under 500k$ and then he lose his car and job for nothing
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:33:28 AM

NO, he should NOT do it.

it has nothing to do with the future of bitcoin and what i think about it. but i advise against it because your "friend" is making an investment just because some random person told him it is a good idea and this way of investing is never a good idea and should be avoided.

you should only invest after doing your own extensive research. and even then you should always invest what you can afford to lose not the money that you get from selling your car!

I'm trying to stop him as I also don't think it will rise so much in so less time, but he fully believes in it as there are many articles on the web that try to prove it will be exactly like that..
dohh

Activity: 332
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:34:50 AM

NO, he should NOT do it.

I'm trying to stop him as I also don't think it will rise so much in so less time, but he fully believes in it as there are many articles on the web that try to prove it will be exactly like that..

If he has no brain and he sincerely believes, that 10000% ROI is realistic, its better if he cuts his losses He would lose that money anywhere somewhere else.
Bitmainer3.0

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:35:17 AM

Thats a sad Story, i hope it will get a happy end.  Wink
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:41:56 AM

Doesn't he need his car the next couple of months? Does he have a job or is he just planning to wait until 1 Bitcoin = 500k USD?
Sounds like an extremely stupid idea to spend money that you couldn't do without.

Initially I thought it might be a troll, but there are more unbelievable stories than this one.
People selling all their belongings for Bitcoin or taking out huge loans during ATH.

The thing is that he needs his car, but he plans to ask parents for help for that period of time and then make a surprise and return everything and even more..
I agree that it is totally stupid idea. I'm very afraid of him if the course will fall, not rise.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:43:05 AM

How foolishness whas this?Selling a precious car to invest in crypto?What if the price continue to fall untill 2020 ?Then he will commit suicide?Stupidity is not a behavior cryptonians must be because we are being adviced to Invest only what we can afford to lose,since theres some topic about people committing suicide because of huge losses from their investments
Kakruzo12

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:47:52 AM

This is a joke, really. What are the reasons behind the $500k prediction? There's a greater change to test the $5000 level than flying up to $500k.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:50:06 AM

as some people predict that 1 BTC will reach 500 000$ till the end of 2019.
I often wonder, based on what do people make those kind of silly predictions? just a hunch? And the fact that there are dumb people as your friend that believe in such nonsense is kinda sad actually. 500k is not happening, not in 2019 and not in a very long time. You friend fell for a meme and hope he's ready to pay the price.

So your friend is one of those people who think they're going to get rich if they invest in Bitcoin? The market doesn't need those kind of people who don't understand how this market and are simply getting involved in cryptocurrencies for stupid reasons "getting rich quickly".

Your friend made a terrible decision, he will realize it in the long run. It's not worth it to sell your car, and definetly not worth it to leave your job for crypto. Be honest and tell him to stop dreaming, he will not get rich with Bitcoin.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
Vicrey

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:54:24 AM

as long as theres a believers, any thing can happen, like what your friend did, he believes that bitcoin will reach $500k at the end of 2019, meaning if this news spread and some people believes and invest in bitcoin like your friend did. we will see the positive result at the end of the 2019 or above.
Starkick (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:54:45 AM

Bitcoin is the worthy investment but this price prediction is false. So you will earn decent profit in next year and most of the long term holders believe the Bitcoin so your investment will safe in forever. My suggestion don't put ball in basket so you could split to invest in crypto then only it make big success.

I told him that in order to become so rich he would need to wait much more time, there's a very small possibility that Bitcoin will reach 500 000. But the only answer is that I don't understand much in it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: