Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bitcoin control the market?  (Read 1496 times)
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:51:51 PM

Bitcoin is absolute, all coins are required to follow the Bitcoin movement. just that, we need to know that not all coins move together. There is a movement of coins that quickly follows the movement of Bitcoin and some are slow to follow the movement of Bitcoin, depending on the resistance of the coin.
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 01:13:36 PM

Absolutely YES, because bitcoin is the king of all crypto currency in the industries and also have more usefulness in the world than any other crypto currency. Which is normally affect  the market prize drop or increase at any point in time.
cryptonewsID

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:06:03 PM

no, I'm not sure if bitcoin controls the market, as evidenced by the current state of prices, when bitcoin prices slowly increase, there are still many altcoins that are still falling.
but in my opinion bitcoin is very influential on other coins, if bitcoin has a price decrease then usually all coins will decrease, but except for coins that are having an event it will rise even though bitcoin has a price decrease.
PitbullP

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:16:08 PM

My opinion is that Bitcoin can control the market because the hole market need bitcoin to survive
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:19:31 PM

no ofcourse we only look to bitcoin as basis of the market but when you look into the alts there are lots of coins that are green when bitcoin is red and vise versa so we should not say that bitcoin are controlling the market.
tranle1267

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

Looking to the future and control myself

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:30:01 PM

in my opinon now bitcoin is controling the price of altcoin, when bitcoin go down almost alcoin increase, but when the bitcoin has lost its price almost price of altcoin decrease.

but i think in the future this situation can not happen, price of each coin will depend on decision of market and the big event like ETF... So we can know what happen in future.
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:30:36 PM

Most altcoin are using Bitcoin as a comparison unit! Bitcoin prices will have a direct impact on altcoin! But maybe this will change soon.
bitcoins94

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:44:07 PM

The value of the AML Bitcoin is not determined by any government. Therefore, if any economic or financial instability occurs, AML Bitcoin users are not affected.
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:25:47 PM

Of course, we can say that at this point in time, bitcoin controls the market. since its share is 50% of the total capitalization. The other altcoys have a link to bitcoin, so they are all dependent in a certain part. But recently one can see such a tendency that there are some altcoyins that even go up when the bitcoin decreases.
Nexigen

Activity: 297

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:42:14 PM

Bitcoin significantly affects overall situation in cryptocurrency market because it has the largest capitalization and trade turnover. If some other cryptocurrency will be able to become larger in this area, it will influence overall pricing and situation on cryptomarket.
Ronyx

Activity: 525
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:55:09 PM

Bitcoin doesn't control the market because the market moves on demand and also offers, but bitcoin affects market conditions, when bitcoin falls, the altcoin situation is not so good either.

Vincemanam21

Activity: 79

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:58:56 PM

As I observed bitcoin doesnt controlling the market, because no one right now is controlling bitcoin. But it affects the market as bitcoin rise up , any altcoins based unto it are affected, every ris or falls of it, make a big impact on the market, but it does not control it.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 03:21:09 AM

Most people believe that the price of altcoins' is determined by the price of bitcoin and that they tend to follow it's market movements.

I partially disagree with this. I have studied prices of coins and tokens on CMC and the fluctuations of each currency seems to be unique and independent of any other digital currency. Some show strong pumps when BTC goes down and some heavy dumps when BTC is rising.

Undoubtedly, there are market forces and factors which affects most currencies, this is not influenced by bitcoins price, it rather controls bitcoins' price as well as others.
So when trading or investing, make sure you treat each currency differently as they have different utilities.

Bitcoin doesn't controlling the market, peoples who own much amount of bitcoin are.
I think if some whales of bitcoin unite, they can move the market price to a certain point to their favor and gain profit because of it.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Zeldasmith

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:33:33 AM

Some times the whales will go to the market and change the course of things there. I think Bitcoin does not really control the market but its value always has a big impact on the market and many people mistakenly believe it controls the market. I believe yes, indeed, the whole market depends on bitcoin now.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:52:58 AM

I have notice that too every time that bitcoin fall all altcoin also will follow. Thats why i just wondering can bitcoin control crypto. But there are some times that altcoin didnt follow bitcoin. Just like what happen in febuary bitcoin is slowly fall while altcoin is still pumping. Thats the proof that altcoin is not control by bitcoin. I think its depend on the market of each altcoin
snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 02:54:50 AM

Cant say like titile but Bitcoin o dominate the Crypto Market space. Currently  BTC Dominance is 51.3% which is above 50%. Next important key player is Ethereum.
Muspion

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 03:40:16 AM

Bitcoin price movements will be used as a benchmark with other cryptocurrency price movements, because controlling market conditions are purely the presence of buyers and sellers while this bitcoin price can only affect other cryptocurrency
HaradaTomoyo

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 03:46:20 AM

for now. i think it's possible . this year the price of bitcoin go down. that reason make people afraid in investing to coin market. Grin Grin Grin
Noloveatthistime

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:23:53 AM

I think Bitcoin is a coin that controls the Cryptocurrency market just a small number. We can see that when the value of Bitcoin is greatly reduced, the other altcoin decreases accordingly. But it is possible that the decline is not affected by Bitcoin, but rather because it bumps into something that causes the value to not increase but also to decrease, such as ETH.
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:51:28 AM

Maybe can, many altcoin have drop price when bitcoin is drop. We can say bitcoin is the king and ave power make all of altcoin price position. When bitcoin on top all of altcoin will be on the top price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: