Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:44:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How NEWBIES are treated  (Read 1051 times)
Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:42:09 PM

I am not posting this to gain merit or to pamper those newbies but ever since this Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements or this updated Merit & new rank requirements came out, these people started to cry, shout out for justice or starting creating post to take consideration with the changes.

Now, here is what I observed. Those newbies with or without hundred activities are treated as shit posters now or an eye soar when they are creating a suggestion thread related to or like how to gain merits. Those comments I am seeing from higher ranks sounds discriminating. I respect how you react with those post but try to think before you react negatively. Try advising them what's wrong with their post and help them to improve. Don't look down on those post created by newbies and stop thinking that they are only creating this thread to gain merit to rank up.

Yes, your rank is higher and you might be too knowledgeable but why don't you act base on your rank? I mean, act in a professional way and give them a proper advise instead of discriminating their post.  Roll Eyes
I get that you are trying to make a point but i think you should try to do some little research before taking a side. I had the same thoughts after the changes and restrictions but i later realized that, this was done to make this forum better. People need to get it that this forum is a source to increase your knowledge on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. It is not just any ordinary forum. The forum is like a library containing everything about cryptocurrencies. Entertaining pollutions in this forum will not help preserve the forum.
th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:59:27 AM

**Enters Thread**

*Sees the same repetitive crap again**

**Leaves Thread**

This is gold! hahaha

I always read comments like.

BAN CAMPAIGNS WITH MIN POST REQUIRED
ONLY HIRE HIGHER RANK MEMBERS
BAN BOTS...

AND SO.. I don't think we will get into something useful, just complaining every time Theymos change the rules.

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
escalante28

Activity: 742
Merit: 42

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:03:04 AM

It's not about discrimination, this is for the good of the forum. I feel them but what happened now is to make this forum more  informative rather than none sense posts. But if I'll be the one to make the rules I rather prohibited dual account, buying account, multi account in one IP. And also to limit the post of each user in 24 hours depending to their rank. How about newbies should not exceed 3 posts per day, 5 for jr. member, 7 for members, 10 full members and 15 above for hero and legendary.
Cogy

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:40:47 AM

For example, not more than 10 per week.

It will not work if 8 out of 10 shit post. If someone post more then 50 in a week and 80% of this post is better, I think that will good for this forum. Now a days bounty hunter's are trying to reach their target according to the rules of specific campaign where they participate, most of them forgets  the forum rules indeed.

nakamura12

Activity: 2310
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:37:17 AM

Yes,  I agree with OP as there are more high ranking members bullying newbies instead of helping them to improve further.  Assisting the newbies is a great way to let them enhance their knowledge and grow maturely.
For your information it's not the higher rank's responsibility in helping newbies to improve, that's why higher rank won't help further. Newbies and the demoted jr. members should be responsible for improving themselves. Higher Ranks just pointing out where to start and it's on you to continue learning. Having trouble? If yes, this forum will be good for your problem discussion about the topic you have problems with.

Nakamura12 Sig Space and Avatar 4 Rent
darkie199

Activity: 294
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:00:30 AM

I do understand your concern towards the newbies. In fact, i agree with you that some new-comers are out there in the forum who do share good posts/help the community and sometimes gets neglected. I would rather say they are not neglected, it's actually the forum is a large community. In some sections you will find that there have been posts more than expected and as new posts comes in the old starts disappearing. On the other hand, if a newbies follows rules and regulations and helps the community i believe there is always a candy(merit) for them.

Many among us here are kind peoples and are likely minded. If someone reads or goes through a post that is really interesting, i believe in order to show gratitude they always leaves behind a merit so that the writer can come up with more topics that can improve the community.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 02:10:04 PM

Treating newbies are usually base on how they are well informed before entering the forum. If you don't know how to search from the beginning, expect many negative treatment about you.

Next are the history of your post. If your not improving through time hanging around in the forum, just leave. You are not needed here. Good bye. Grin 

erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 03:27:12 PM

Just ignore that feeling OP I know it because I was one of them that got demoted but see I just never thought that I could even rank up to member this time. The lesson learn is to observe the rules and regulations in the thread that theymos has provided in those sticky threads and what did other members do? Ignoring all the important details that one should not be missed out to read.

The problem is not really the forum but those members spamming in some parts of this forum. This is the right thing to do for one to learn and not just by focusing to earn. Learning to do good in this forum is better than earning but doing shitty posts. I have learn so much on this forum and definitely would continue to do good rather than spamming.

Here is the thing that one should consider to earn more:

Self Recflections:

Learn more, be good, receive merits, rank up then earn more!
istimewa99

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:00:24 PM

I saw on sale hundreds of accounts from 1 seller of the rank of a member and full member.
Then it is necessary to deprive the signature of all the ranks below the Sr.member.
WTF really ? Angry

It's nice how anyone with just a CPU can compete fairly equally right now.
Bitcointalk just like Bitcoin, It's nice how anyone with difference rank can be join bounty and member Bitcointalk.org starting from newbie up to Hero are assets that will never be found anywhere
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 04:11:39 PM

As Jet Cash I've been awarded over 700 merits since the system was implemented. I read a load of comments about getting merits because posters were senior members, so I thought I would try an experiment. I registered Talk Merit, and timed it to optimise the activity system. and I managed to pick up 28 activities in under 2 days. I was then limited by the 14 activity periods, and managed to pick up 10 merits during the time it took to get the required activity for member level. That must be about the fastest time possible to go from "brand new" to member. I didn't announce it was an alt of Jet Cash until I had gained the 10 merits. JetAid was announced as an alt at the time of registration. I didn't try to optimise the activity in this case, but it has still managed to pick up enough merit to become a member when it has gained enough activity.

Of course I have a couple of big advantages. I am English and English is my natural language. I have also been an active member of the forum for 3 years or so, and I have a major interest in Bitcoin, and world economic systems. But I think that my major advantage is that I see Bitcoin Talk as crypto community, and a mutual help and discussion forum. I do not think of it as a cash cow to be milked even when the teats are dry or sore.

When a new member joins Bitcoin Talk he has a choice. He can take the left hand path along the rocky road of bounties. or he can travel the right hand road to green pastures and prosperity with Bitcoin. Some members are able to travel along both paths, but they have usually started on the Bitcoin road, and earned some strong boots to protect them as they walk on the sharp flints of the bounties.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:47:06 PM

Some bounties of the company require 10 posts a week, some 20, and some 50.
Can be imposed a ban and set a maximum number of posts for all the bounty companies. For example, not more than 10 per week.

You made a valid point, I think it will be a good idea if the forum can set a maximum number of post an account can make in a week or two weeks,

Why do you want everything should come from administrator(theymos). Why we are not taking responsibility for our quality of post and signature bounties we are joining?
Will you like to restrain  knowledgeable guy/Moderators to 50 post limit in a week and wait for another week to respond some queries.
Just follow the Choosing your Signature wisely guideline.

I am alive
mahvia
Copper Member

Activity: 226

who am I to judge. I only flame

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:13:37 PM

First of all, this is not a matter of action professional. Higher ranks do not work here, neither do newbies.

Those newbies you are defending are Mostly bots. They just write "good project" or useless posts all the time, just to make one more post for a campaign. They have zero contribution yo the forum and no respect for rules.

And some of those users have dozens or even hundreds of accounts.

and all those Mostly bots create new topics why they are newbies again? I'm pretty sure OP was not about that..
jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:19:11 PM

I do not think it as anyone's job to take the responsibility to tell newbies what is a right and what is a wrong post. No one told me when I was a newbie, no one is telling me now. How could most of high ranking members know anyway? They got their ranks without the necessity of merits. They are not wise, they are just here longer.

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 05:33:57 PM

They are not wise, they are just here longer.

They have greater knowledge because they interacted and communicated. Sadly the bulk of new members aren't interested in interaction and the acquisitionof knowledge. All they want to do is to stick boring repetitive fly posters all over the boards.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 10854

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 05:52:10 PM

I do not think it as anyone's job to take the responsibility to tell newbies what is a right and what is a wrong post. No one told me when I was a newbie, no one is telling me now. How could most of high ranking members know anyway? They got their ranks without the necessity of merits. They are not wise, they are just here longer.
No, it isn’t anyone’s responsibility, and each one is the sole responsible of what he decides to do on the forum. There are rules an general guidelines, and since this is a forum, people will form their opinion on any given post and respond to it. It’s part of the interaction process that may or may not lead on to developing a topic further, and that one could agree or beg to differ from.

Anaxagoras stated that in everything there is a share of everything. In ranks that applies too, and there are Legendries of all sorts and heroes of all sorts (just as with Newbies). But what is important is the proportions, and here I’d say that higher ranks tend to bring on average more to the table than lower ranks, precisely because they have been here longer and know the perks better than others. You will obviously find exceptions, that’s why I’m looking at the average side of things.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:12:01 PM

I do not think it as anyone's job to take the responsibility to tell newbies what is a right and what is a wrong post. No one told me when I was a newbie, no one is telling me now.

Wow you're lucky as a newbie then, because most senior members do that to newbies no matter when you join the forum in 2015 people were moaning at me for being some sort of sig spammer (even when I started a functioning service - still a sig spammer to them)...

It's not an individual's responsibility to take out the bad users, it's the community as a whole who are employed to do it (with payments of knowledge and merit for when they are in high supply)
Osamede

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 11:01:42 PM

I am not posting this to gain merit or to pamper those newbies but ever since this Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements or this updated Merit & new rank requirements came out, these people started to cry, shout out for justice or starting creating post to take consideration with the changes.

Now, here is what I observed. Those newbies with or without hundred activities are treated as shit posters now or an eye soar when they are creating a suggestion thread related to or like how to gain merits. Those comments I am seeing from higher ranks sounds discriminating. I respect how you react with those post but try to think before you react negatively. Try advising them what's wrong with their post and help them to improve. Don't look down on those post created by newbies and stop thinking that they are only creating this thread to gain merit to rank up.

Yes, your rank is higher and you might be too knowledgeable but why don't you act base on your rank? I mean, act in a professional way and give them a proper advise instead of discriminating their post.  Roll Eyes
Being a newbie is almost like a bad penny these days, it is easy to get scorned (rightly so sometimes), I hope we do not get too 'unwelcoming' and demoralize newbies with too much criticism. Many newbies are battling with basics, so once in a while, it helps to be patient with them and make some corrections on how posts can be better.It tedious on the part of higher ranks but it is for the greater good.

━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━    (  (  (    What is MAST?    )  )  )    ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━
━━  ━   ( ( (   MAST.eco   ) ) )   ━  ★ ATO ★ ━ ━━
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:27:51 PM

Most newbies on this forum do not contribute anything of value, that is the sad truth of the matter. It is genuinely rare to spot a high quality newbie, simply because they are completely buried betwixt all the bounty spammers and shill posters that plague the forum. I think it's a case of painting them all with the same brush unfortunately, as it's gotten so bad that we can almost assume that every newbie we will see is shitposter of one variety or another.
JQCrypto

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:28:31 PM

I saw on sale hundreds of accounts from 1 seller of the rank of a member and full member.
Then it is necessary to deprive the signature of all the ranks below the Sr.member.
Some bounties of the company require 10 posts a week, some 20, and some 50.
Can be imposed a ban and set a maximum number of posts for all the bounty companies. For example, not more than 10 per week.

You say that it's bad when a person gets it and gives nothing in return. I agree with you. But on enthusiasm, too, will not last long.
Therefore, there must be a balance.

I dont know why they need such many posts a week. I think they should require 3-5 posts/week. That is enough.
Submitting 10 or more posts/week just like spamming...
Cashi

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:54:06 PM

I dont know why they need such many posts a week. I think they should require 3-5 posts/week. That is enough.
Submitting 10 or more posts/week just like spamming...

The problem is the entire strategy of these spam advertising ICOs. There would be no problem if they only require 5 posts per week, but quality posts instead of 10 or 15 shitposts per week. There would be no difference for the visibility of the advertised project, but the forum would have around 50% less spam.
The explanation is quite easy: if there are more posts of every project, the visibility of these posts is decreasing, because they are very soon buried with other shitposts. If there would be less shitposts, the latest post would be visible for a longer time resulting in the same visibility. Instead of 2 shitposts immediately buried with other shitposts we need 1 quality post causing less spam for everyone.

But many projects are interested in having more posts per week related to other projects to increase the visibility of their posts. This is causing the spam problem and it would be easy to reduce spam by limiting the posts per week.

Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: