Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:10:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DeepOnion, an absolute failure?  (Read 163 times)
markint (OP)

Activity: 329
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:41:41 PM

Perhaps one of the projects that drew the most attention last year was DeepOnion, because the singular way in which this crypto was distributed through weekly airdrops without any prior ICO led many people to join their bitcointalk campaign, as it was presumed that could be the most expected privacy coin.

Perhaps its stellar moment was when it reached a price of 0.0012 BTC in January (around $20), which led many in the community to suddenly become rich, as some of those who got involved in the campaign from the beginning had up to 100,000 coins.

In their forums optimism prevailed, and the slogan was to hold until the price reached $200. But once the airdrop ended in April, the price has gradually dropped to reach the current price of $0.30. And despite their multiple ads trying to build trust, things do not seem to work as expected.

Will DeepOnion end up becoming another shitcoin?
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:09:43 PM

I've always considered the project as a Scam. The reason I considered it so was that it did not bring anything innovative or different. It was just a project based heavily on network marketing. That is, it depended completely on the propaganda that its passionate users did.

These users had as sole objective to sell their tokens as fast as possible. That's because they received it for free. For what reason would anyone give any value to a project that was copied from another and distributed freely?

In a bull market they profited. But fortunately, the source dried up for scam projects like that.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 530

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:22:33 PM

The only thing I think I like about the project is the way the team distribute its tokens to the community but not sure about the tech claim. What I feel is that the project lacks adoption, no one is using them and this is the main problem in the space, if this is not address it would die not because it is a scam but because of lack of active and real world users

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:29:14 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 12:53:37 PM by tk808

It's such a shame that DO is running by control-freaks who censor everything that's an expression, not pertaining to their views and direction.

The idea of their entire coin is anonymity, which is freedom. The irony is there is no freedom behind DO's community and users whatsoever, it's the most restricted coin i've ever seen from every perspective (even markets), which is all a repercussion of a failed ability to adequately deal with their community, supporters and investors.
criticoflife

Activity: 353
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:56:33 PM

I got out when the price was at around $14. After that i was ostracized by some of there community and called names by many of there die hard fanatical membership that didn't like me selling (dumping). But i knew it was a bubble and when i was making 50k usd off something that i got for writing posts and participating in a forum i knew that it was the right time to sell. Without the airdrop it doesn't have anything to entice people back, they have some cool members there and a couple of the mods are awesome dudes so i don't have anything against DO. I think they paid out way too much in the early stages of the airdrops to too few people and it would have been better to have given people less at the start and continued the airdrops for a longer period.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
dillonplayadoe

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:20:37 PM

Perhaps one of the projects that drew the most attention last year was DeepOnion, because the singular way in which this crypto was distributed through weekly airdrops without any prior ICO led many people to join their bitcointalk campaign, as it was presumed that could be the most expected privacy coin.

Perhaps its stellar moment was when it reached a price of 0.0012 BTC in January (around $20), which led many in the community to suddenly become rich, as some of those who got involved in the campaign from the beginning had up to 100,000 coins.

In their forums optimism prevailed, and the slogan was to hold until the price reached $200. But once the airdrop ended in April, the price has gradually dropped to reach the current price of $0.30. And despite their multiple ads trying to build trust, things do not seem to work as expected.

Deep Onion seemed like a shit coin from the start to me with that insanity of a bounty program they had.  It seemed like the project was more about the bounty than any actually project.  Glad I steered away from this one.  Don't worry I still got rekt. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:05:49 AM

Get an expert to evaluate their anon design compared to known expert teams like zcash etc

I expect that would be the only way to know if it is ever going to go anywhere. Price means little regarding the future long term success.

I agree the distributional method was way better than most .... well from what I understood anyway. Of course it is still far more open to abuse that fair release lengthy POW with fast scaling dif and low initial rewards.

sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 12:10:25 AM

I had tried to join the airdrop, but there was an error or I was rejected for some reason I can't remember. I personally don't think it'll come back to prominence (it did get a mention from John Oliver on Last Week Tonight, though not a good one) but really if enough people support a project, anything can be successful.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:24:31 AM

In their forums optimism prevailed

Only because they moderated their forums heavily. Any dissenting opinions were immediately deleted across their threads here, reddit, telegram, discord, etc. and the user banned. You couldn't even ask legitimate questions of the the project without being banned. The only opinions allowed were the ones they approved. Their whole online presence was one massive red flag.

This was pointed out multiple times, but as usual, idiots don't listen.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:33:43 AM

To quote myself, 13 months ago:

I "love" some of the comments here.

"If it is free, it is legit!"

Folks, you got it all wrong, making the signature campaign (sigh!, not airdrop, signature campaign) it's not free! They give you shitcoins for promoting the shitcoin!. Your ignorance astonishes me.
Do you know how Onions are generated? Do you know how many developers already printed for themselves? Where is proof of work or proof of anything valuable in this shitcoin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2057229.msg21340635#msg21340635

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
metalglowd

Activity: 546

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:31:20 AM

DeepOnion is as good as mine, and indeed to keep it stable is harder than reaching, Bitcoin and Ethereum can collapse. especially Altcoin. No matter how strong the team is and its efforts to maintain prices, but if the market is not supportive then it will be difficult

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:34:58 AM

It was a scam from the beginning. They were holding a huge amount of deeponion on one of their single wallet which could not be justified by any of their text in the whitepaper.
Though initially people benefited from it, it turned to a pure pump and dump scheme at last. And again there are some trying to repeat the pump and dump again.
houjinglong

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:39:41 AM

This year we saw too many coins falling. Although DeepOnion is really popular in 2017, its current price is not very good. It trapped a lot of people's funds, did not add follow-up funds, I think DeepOnion is difficult to rise again. Even if their team is really willing to pay for DeepOnion, I don't think it will help, let alone they won't do it.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:40:09 AM

It will not because deeponion is actually shitcoin from the beginning. Maybe that's true some of them that joined in the campaign has a lot of coins but they can't sell their coin because there was a lot of restriction from the developers. It's absoluitely fail coin.
Xiaolongnu

Activity: 375
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:41:27 AM

I knew this project from last year but i never get involved. It's not interesting to me and in my personally it contributes no value to crypto community.
rltim555

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:53:16 AM

An idea benind deep onion attracts me because I am in favour of privacy coins.
It seems to me that Deeponion suffered from greedy, pump and dump scheme and there is another coin called privcy (something like that) , which can repeat deep onion story
imToken

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:55:44 AM

At present, DeepOnion has experienced a huge decline in the market, and investors have suffered heavy losses. Although I am not sure that DeepOnion will fail (DeepOnion may be pumped again when joining the bull market), but at least from the current situation, DeepOnion The situation is not optimistic.

Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:06:41 AM

I think i have hard about the project.. and i also run the bounty campaign is the project but i was not paid due, moreover people were rushing the project because of the price prediction then last year, but now i m surprised seeing project just failed up.
JohnsonJesse

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:24:27 PM

I don't know so much about this project, but with the little that I know, I do not think that it is a failure. I have seen a lot on this project, and it is one that I have come to believe to be good. I think that in the next couple of months, this project might surprise a lot of the doubters and reign in the industry.
Byzantium101

Activity: 249
Merit: 13

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:20:12 PM

Perhaps one of the projects that drew the most attention last year was DeepOnion......Will DeepOnion end up becoming another shitcoin?

It has always been a get rich quick scheme for the creators of the coin. All the premine and pump operation was very clear and that linked with the privacy features make it the ideal coin to set up a scam airdrop.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: