Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:56:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To hell with regulations and government interference  (Read 561 times)
JakenBake (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:12:56 PM
Merited by EFS (4), DooMAD (2), LoyceV (2), TheBeardedBaby (1), BitHodler (1), theymos_away (1)

Hoping I'm not the only one in here feeling this way or I assume S.W.A.T. will be at my door in a few minutes. 

I see most of the forum members in here thinking we need the government to step in to regulate crypto.  I see others flocking to KYC to make sure they get the latest airdrop all the while losing the precious commodity of privacy.  I even see others hoping and praying we get the ETF approval so prices will really skyrocket and we can all get rich.  The ETF is going to steal control away form us and give it to the paper pushers.  Everything the majority of the forum is doing and hoping for is giving the movement away to the same power structure which is screwing us all over. 

We need no regulations.  We need no KYC.  We need no ETF's.  What we need to do is show the world why Bitcoin is better than government FIAT and let Bitcoin take over that way.  We have a real shot at gaining freedom of finances however it seems most are tripping over themselves to give all that away to the government as quickly as possible.

Please consider government interference in crypto for the future generations sake.  They will not have the amazing earning potential we have.  They will just get a shit sandwich of every transaction they make begin on a public ledger.  Perfect tax slaves.  Are we handing our kids over to the system by allowing the governments to just step in like this? 
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aiberg
Copper Member

Activity: 153
Merit: 4

CCECOIN

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:06:18 PM

Your view are quite correct in my opinion, the simple truth is that people just want to make money and they have been so systematically manipulated that regulation is the key to the door of the Almighty Crypto Bull.
This is a big lie and it would only further erode the decentralisation and Privacy that The Blockchain was built to promote

✦ ───    CCECOIN   ─── ✦
✔   Decentralized & Transparent Peer to Peer Trading Ecosystem  ✔
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedInTelegramYouTube  ──────── ✦
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:21:24 PM

I started to agree with your points until the below paragraphs.

We need no regulations.  We need no KYC.  We need no ETF's.  What we need to do is show the world why Bitcoin is better than government FIAT and let Bitcoin take over that way.  We have a real shot at gaining freedom of finances however it seems most are tripping over themselves to give all that away to the government as quickly as possible.

Please consider government interference in crypto for the future generations sake.  They will not have the amazing earning potential we have.  They will just get a shit sandwich of every transaction they make begin on a public ledger.  Perfect tax slaves.  Are we handing our kids over to the system by allowing the governments to just step in like this? 

What essentially you are proposing, is non-compliance with government regulations. If you want to see it happening, you will probably have to start a revolution against government, like Renaissance, that happened between 14th and 17th centuries in Europe.

At the current situation of the world when majority of the countries are dependent on each other and the world is controlled by a handful of powerful countries, such idea of revolution is nothing less than a daydream!

Such revolution will bring no impact on cryptos unless and until we can buy our daily goods using that currency. A currency will only succeed if it is used as a medium of exchange. This can be only achieved through compliance!

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:49:21 PM

Hoping I'm not the only one in here feeling this way or I assume S.W.A.T. will be at my door in a few minutes. 

I see most of the forum members in here thinking we need the government to step in to regulate crypto.  I see others flocking to KYC to make sure they get the latest airdrop all the while losing the precious commodity of privacy.  I even see others hoping and praying we get the ETF approval so prices will really skyrocket and we can all get rich.  The ETF is going to steal control away form us and give it to the paper pushers.  Everything the majority of the forum is doing and hoping for is giving the movement away to the same power structure which is screwing us all over. 

without communal currencies, each single pow cult becomes just an annoying propaganda spreading sect/cult, that create and advertise worthless draining token,

they will be considered like brainwashed zombies by countless nations, and communities.

a currency without a purpose doesnt has a long future.

Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 10:59:44 PM

Realistically, there isn't anything you can do about government intervention, their intervention is necessary to prevent mass-scale crimes and things that could damage the industry as a whole. I think that we should promote governments involvement, but push for favorable regulations to allow cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies to grow without being needlessly sanctioned by government rules.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:05:25 PM

I agree tgat we don't need any government interference, without it, the crypto will grow bigger and faster, but we can't do anything when the government want to interfere, the government got the power to banned crypto, so rather than being banned I prefer crypto bring regulated, its true that we cant enjoy crypto fully anymore with government interference, but at least we still able to used crypto
fara_buduk

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

gik nyareh proyek seteppak pas sepak

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:08:25 PM

So far I agree with your statement because if the government has intervened in it, it can be said that bitcoin will be 50% like FIAT money but we also need bitcoin legality in a country so bitcoin develops and I hope the government does not interfere in all existing transaction systems the government can only facilitate transactions to be safe and reliable in the country

Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:10:10 PM

Enough of this issues relating to governments not approving the use of bitcoin or cryptocurrencies. What we should be doing is to think of various way of improving and getting the general public to the crypto world. We are the source of this issue with governments not accepting cryptocurrencies, some people share all kinds of negative remarks about cryptocurrencies. This has to stop, if you don't buy the idea of cryptocurrencies, leave and let the true believers support the crypto movement. Huh Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:16:17 AM
Merited by theymos_away (1)

I agree, however I don't think it's really on our hands only to get bitcoin into the mainstream to replace fiat. Fiat must fall by itself, we cannot artificially create the incentives. The legacy system must be rendered obsolete, useless, just like everything else that replaced a previous thing.

With fiat, right now people just don't see a necessity to use a cryptocurrency in most cases, since people get paid in fiat, and have access to any goods and services they would need in fiat.

The good news is, when governments get rid of physical cash, the use case for bitcoin will be huge. Then add in the fundamentals of fiat continuing into hyperinflation clusterfuck and you can see the time for bitcoin to shine will come.

Of course third world countries are in need of bitcoin right now, so the faster we can get second layer solutions the better. Then it will be on their part to learn how to use it.
cryptovigi

Activity: 714
Merit: 611

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:17:25 AM
Merited by DarkStar_ (4), Farul (1)

No regulations in cryptocurency means FREEDOM!
That's was my first idea - when I heard about cryptocurrency (maybe second one becouse realy first was WOW you can earn 1000x in crypto ;-)

Recently, however, I came across an interesting article closely related to the topic discussed here. I honestly say that before the reading I had no idea how much cyber criminals are involved in the crypto market. I thought that "real criminals" only use the currency as payment in transactions due to its anonymity, and we have also a group of hackers who try to steal "some coins" ....
The article, however, presents the darker side of the crypto as...

...This is the history of distributed technologies — it’s been one of facilitating criminal enterprise. Bitcoin played right into that, and now we have the dark web and now we have hackers who are leveraging the technologies as well. And people are pretending or fooling themselves that it’s about some sort of a libertarian ideal, where people are going to behave. No, people will not behave. Criminals are going to come in, and they are going to take over, and it’s going to be the whole reason why we have this stuff....

For all cryptophans, this does not sound good but I will tell you in advance that its message is not to close the crypto but to change the rules - reduce anonymity while maintaining most functionality ...

I am not a fan of government and in particular I do not like taxes at all, but after reading this article I changed my mind a bit and now I think that taking some regulations may not be a completely bad idea... For example reducing anonymity while keeping most functionality..
I think we all care about introducing cryptocurrencies for mass use. But do we really have to keep so high level of anonymity while paying in stores, or sending coins to our family or friends?

I think article is readworthy: https://cointelegraph.com/news/it-analyst-jason-bloomberg-what-im-really-saying-is-shut-down-permissionless-blockchains

CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:26:31 AM
Merited by eddie13 (1)

Finally someone who gets it!
I am tired of the mindless obedience I see in most of the comments here.
People trying to come of with new and different ways to pay their taxes and garbage like that.
The era of nation states and central banking cartels is coming to a close.
The fiat money scam is exposed and now that we finally have sound money (BTC) again, we have a chance to fight back.
All we need to do is ignore their fiat shit and attempts to extort us. Once we have the majority they will fade into obscurity and go back to whatever shitty job they had before they tried to control and dominate others.
Hopefully that's bagging my groceries and washing my car.
Politicians are scum who serve the bankers and they both need to go. Anyone who supports that system is welcome to fade away with them. Time to wake up and get with the times people!

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
CryptoSifus

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 12:33:34 AM

I started to agree with your points until the below paragraphs.

What essentially you are proposing, is non-compliance with government regulations. If you want to see it happening, you will probably have to start a revolution against government, like Renaissance, that happened between 14th and 17th centuries in Europe.

At the current situation of the world when majority of the countries are dependent on each other and the world is controlled by a handful of powerful countries, such idea of revolution is nothing less than a daydream!

Such revolution will bring no impact on cryptos unless and until we can buy our daily goods using that currency. A currency will only succeed if it is used as a medium of exchange. This can be only achieved through compliance!
Lol, the only point i agree with is your first sentence.

Did you actually read what you wrote?

"This can be only achieved through compliance!" Are you just a model citizen for the state. Bow down and lick that boot.
It's this kind of mindless obedience to the will of the state that is holding the whole liberty movement back.

Do i prefer non-complaince? Absolutely. No one owns me and now that we have sound money, the financial control that has kept us enslaved for millenia is at an end.
Fuck governments, fuck bankers fuck their taxes, and fuck anyone who believes they have the right to oppress, control or extort others through the threat of force. Those times are over.

Impulseboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:47:09 AM

I think that you have a point. As much as we would like cryptocurrency to remain free of government regulations, there is nothing we can do but comply if they wish to do so. And if we ever wanted cryptocurrency to become at least the same as fiat then the government has to acknowledge it first.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 01:53:52 AM

Of course third world countries are in need of bitcoin right now, so the faster we can get second layer solutions the better. Then it will be on their part to learn how to use it.
It depends on how long people are willing to wait for second layer solutions. Technically people can use the lightning network already, and while it's not completely safe, it's safe enough for low value transactions.

There are currently a couple (some better than the other) of mobile lightning clients available in the Google play store, and while it requires using a third party node, it does work flawlessly.

I'm currently using Bitcoin Lightning Wallet from anton kumaigorodski (search for it in the Google play store, it has a 4.7 star rating) and I personally consider this one to be the best. Only test it with lower amounts just in case.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 3126

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:42:28 PM

Resilience is far more important to success than compliance.  And the simple fact is, the moment you introduce compliance at a protocol level is the moment you weaken resilience.  If you want compliance, use third party services that are compliant with the necessary regulations.  Companies and businesses that use Bitcoin can (and in most cases probably should) be regulated.  The protocol itself can't/shouldn't/won't be regulated.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:50:18 PM

Cryptocurrencies decentralized nature should be able to survive without any single interference. Isn't it kind of ironic if the Bitcoin price is somehow affected by some governors regulations?. The communities are lack of understanding about what decentralized really means. If the majority is risking their identity only to use cryptocurrencies there must be something wrong within the communities.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:53:33 PM

Oh yeah, we don't want to revert on our independence and lack of government control. But it is also a necessary step to allow market growth and wider world adoption.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 09:50:34 AM

We need no regulations.  We need no KYC.  We need no ETF's.  What we need to do is show the world why Bitcoin is better than government FIAT and let Bitcoin take over that way.  We have a real shot at gaining freedom of finances however it seems most are tripping over themselves to give all that away to the government as quickly as possible.

Reading that read like the lyrics of a Pink Floyd song !

We don't need no regulation
We don't need no KYC
No coin promoters in the courtroom
Governments leave them ICOs alone
Hey! Governments! Leave them coins alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall

But in all seriousness - no-one in their right mind WANTS regulations and Government interference but it is going to happen and when it happens you are better working with them to make good legislation than to just wait it out and see what idiotic ideas they come up with.

Centralized exchanges will get regulated - A LOT. Governments want their cut of the profits. Work with the regulations rather than against them until there is a system that they are unable to regulate.

Until decentralized exchanges really exist - there is a risk to privacy coins.

I really hope that someone will take my suggestion of wallet-swap seriously. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5001019.msg45130945#msg45130945

It would make the exchange really peer to peer and trust would only have to exist in the open source code.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
wyplashdea

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:31:26 PM

I agree 99% with you but, you know, BTC - BC its a powerful tool, and as a tool, it is not good or bad, its a tool. If someone with moral/ethic uses it its OK, if someone no so responsible uses it, maybe there is a problem.

I am not in the club of "Lets regulate everything" but im not too in the club of "Let it be" because I don't trust in people as much as maybe some others do. But, i tell you what, ¿Could you imagine a descentralized regulation made by consensus of all BTC users? Maybe its a beginning, we need a regulation to protect ourselves of fraud and so on, but a regulation also that make us more free and more confident in this disrupting technology.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 03:54:55 PM

We must realise the fact that blockchain technology is much advanced than any other invention out there in this category. No one can manipulate it (in the case of projects like Bitcoin). The attempt of regulation or restricting it would give the trouble for the economy in my honest opinion. However, legal recognization in the eyes of law would definitely help to change the perception among the people.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: